What's new

Who are you pulling for in the gold medal game?

Who are you pulling for to win gold?

• USA

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • FRANCE

Votes: 45 70.3%

• Total voters
I'm cheering for France. Team USA needs to lose for any real and needed changes to be made to the way they run the program. It's a pretty easy choice for me.

Hate to say it, but im going with Gobert on this one.
Feel icky about it though.

Team USA - just feels like the right thing to do.

I don't think getting the silver is really going to cause change (getting squashed in pool play may have done that). France is full of NBA players so it's not like these guys are hacks.

In terms of change, we just need more size on the team vs. shooters, shooters, shooters.

I would quite honestly much rather have a dedicated Olympic pool of fringe G-league players/guys playing overseas that is more of an underdog per se that could actually be a team and play together vs. this collection of stars. I'd rather have a group that can train together 4-6 weeks before Olympics/World Cup that can actually be a team instead of a showcase of personalities.

Essentially, take me back pre-1992.

The US. Don't like most of the players on the team, but ultimately I root for Americans in the Olympics.

I’m pulling for France, FWIW. I don’t care about college basketball, or college sports. I don’t care about baseball. Or football. Or hockey. Just waiting for the Jazz to finally win a chip. We’ve got our oft-slandered guy going up against “zomg teh great KD,” who’s talked a bunch of **** about him? Couldn’t think of anything better than Rudy coming back with a gold medal. Would help with a little swagger next season, too. **** KD and all those other guys.

I hope France wins which would mean Rudy having a huge game. I am sure this gold would mean a lot to him. But in general I would prefer that the NBA players were not participating in the Olympics. The same like it usually was with pro boxers.

I’m pulling for France, FWIW. I don’t care about college basketball, or college sports. I don’t care about baseball. Or football. Or hockey. Just waiting for the Jazz to finally win a chip. We’ve got our oft-slandered guy going up against “zomg teh great KD,” who’s talked a bunch of **** about him? Couldn’t think of anything better than Rudy coming back with a gold medal. Would help with a little swagger next season, too. **** KD and all those other guys.
Great post

I'll be totally cheering for a France win

But i'm kinda expecting a Team USA gold medal. Even if with lots of bumps along the way, and a win at the final could not be pretty, i think that they figured out enough to win (unfortunaly considering who i'd want to).