What's new

Who is going to score?

The took a turn for ppg predictions, so here are mine:

Burke 12 ppg, 5 apg

Hayward's per 36 last year was

17.4 ppg, 4 rpg, 3.6 apg. I think he will be very close that that.

Burks is going to get 13 ppg with 4 rpg.

Favors 14 ppg, 11 rpg and 2 blocks.

Kanter 17 ppg, 10 rpg

So that is 73 ppg from our young guns.

I expect with playing time Rush to get another 10 ppg. Our vet pg will pitch in another 3 ppg. And Biedrins and Jeremy Evans will combine for 10 ppg.

Or in other words 96 ppg. Which would be one of the worst O's in the league.

Somebody on this team can average 20 a game, you're underestimating Favors/Malone working out.

Derrick Favors will be beastly this year, definitely could be the leading scorer on this team if he implements the Malone fade away, explosive first step. And I have a feeling he will.

Scoring is going to be a major problem for this team. I can see the C5 maybe combining for 70 PPG, but you typically need to score 100 to win games in the NBA. Expecting 30 PPG out of this bench is more than optimistic. And just imagine what happens when one of the C5 misses a game due to injury.

Honestly not too concerned with scoring this year. Wiggins or Parker can do the lions share of the scoring next season.

Kanter 17ppg/9rbs/3asts

Burke 17ppg/6asts

Burks 14ppg/3asts/5rbs

Hayward 16ppg/6asts/5rbs

Favors 13ppg/10rbs/2blks

Bench: 20-25ppg
This is my most optimistic prediction

Now that's what you call being high on Burke! Rose averaged 16.8 on 37 minutes his rookie year. Westbrook 15.3 in 32 minutes his rookie year.

This roster is going to thrive of motion and transition scoring. I think the games we win we'll see a balanced box score. Eventually, someone will emerge as the go to, but for most of the season it's going to be by committee. I think Corbin will continue to rely on the post with Derrick and Enes, and each wing will have a shot at putting up shots.

It's going to be a process.

Agree. When Al was out last season, we saw a lot of ball movement. It will be interesting to see what Corbin does at SG. Maybe he gives Burks and Rush two quarters each. No problem at SF right now with Williams out. Hayward starts and gets 30-34 mins.

Scoring is going to be a major problem for this team. I can see the C5 maybe combining for 70 PPG, but you typically need to score 100 to win games in the NBA. Expecting 30 PPG out of this bench is more than optimistic. And just imagine what happens when one of the C5 misses a game due to injury.
EXACTLY. And like Bodhi said, Wiggins or Parker will be happy to pick up the slack in 2014/15.

I'm sure if RJ gets the playing time, he can still give you atleast 10 a game. Rush can equate for another 10, good luck finding the rest of that 10 to get you the 100 ppg though.

I'm sure if RJ gets the playing time, he can still give you atleast 10 a game. Rush can equate for another 10, good luck finding the rest of that 10 to get you the 100 ppg though.

Well, I don't think we will seriously have 7 players average double digits (C5 + RJ and Rush).

Now that our roster is basically set. Who are scoring options going to be? Are we going to be able to generate easy catch and shoot opportunities?

I see option #1 as:

Burke/Favors or Kanter pick and roll.

With Burke's ability to shoot and our bigs ability to catch on the move this should be our best play.

Option #2

Hayward/Favors or Kanter pick and roll.

Hayward can be effective doing this but we will need weakside shooting-hopefully Rush will be able to deliver.

Option #3

Kanter in the post

Option #4

Hayward iso

Option #5

Favors in the post-- I really hope that the Favors/Malone workout will more Favors up. We could use a good post-up option.

The point is we are going to need to use our D to get fastbreak opportunities. We don't have the threats needed to draw double teams consistently.

IMO our best 5 will be

Burke
Hayward
Rush
Favors
Kanter

Our bench will be Burks, Biedrins, FA point guard. Gobert and Marvin/Jefferson will get spot minutes.

I am excited to see how it goes.

realsitaclly i think kanfense.
hopefully we will get a real offensive system so the team scores

Well, I don't think we will seriously have 7 players average double digits (C5 + RJ and Rush).

Depends on offensive tempo. I still believe RJ isn't completely shot, he just got buried in Golden State, 15 minutes a night (he'll probably get around 18-20) should carry on the resurrection.

Most of you guys are way to optimistic. It is one thing to score vs benches and vs Bobcats for example and it is other thing to do it as starter on regular basis vs best teams. There is no way Kanter and Favors will score more then 13pts per game ( which is still great for both of them). I expect most youngster to be in foul trouble a lot and Ty will reach for veterans more then you guys imagine. The only one who will be scoring above 15pts a game will be Hayward. And at the end of the day it is not bad thing, let them all struggle through this and gain invaluable experience and with hopefully high pick in 2014 we may be set for good.

Jazz will have no go-to guy in the beginning of the season; which will probably result in a lot of close, frustrating losses early in the season.

Someone will have to step up. Finding out who will be half the fun.

Burke Can Score And So Can Hayward. We'll See If Favors And Kanter Can Be Consistent Threats To Get A Bucket If We Jam It Into Them On The Blocks. Like LeBron Said "I'm Not Even Worried".

Most of you guys are way to optimistic. It is one thing to score vs benches and vs Bobcats for example and it is other thing to do it as starter on regular basis vs best teams. There is no way Kanter and Favors will score more then 13pts per game ( which is still great for both of them). I expect most youngster to be in foul trouble a lot and Ty will reach for veterans more then you guys imagine. The only one who will be scoring above 15pts a game will be Hayward. And at the end of the day it is not bad thing, let them all struggle through this and gain invaluable experience and with hopefully high pick in 2014 we may be set for good.
But, but... Derrick Favors workin with the Mailman.

2 years on the road experience ridin the pine with Millslap and BUIG AL.

Now that our roster is basically set. Who are scoring options going to be? Are we going to be able to generate easy catch and shoot opportunities?

I see option #1 as:

Burke/Favors or Kanter pick and roll.

With Burke's ability to shoot and our bigs ability to catch on the move this should be our best play.

Option #2

Hayward/Favors or Kanter pick and roll.

Hayward can be effective doing this but we will need weakside shooting-hopefully Rush will be able to deliver.

Option #3

Kanter in the post

Option #4

Hayward iso

Option #5

Favors in the post-- I really hope that the Favors/Malone workout will more Favors up. We could use a good post-up option.

The point is we are going to need to use our D to get fastbreak opportunities. We don't have the threats needed to draw double teams consistently.

IMO our best 5 will be

Burke
Hayward
Rush
Favors
Kanter

Our bench will be Burks, Biedrins, FA point guard. Gobert and Marvin/Jefferson will get spot minutes.

I am excited to see how it goes.

If Only You Could Be Coach. I Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself. I Am Excited To See How It Goes Too If That's Our Main Lineup. I'm Sure All The Pundits Will Pick Us Dead Last So It Will Also Be Cool To See Us Give Everyone The Big **** You Sandwich And String Together Some Quality Wins And Push For The Playoffs. I Think We Will Have The Talent To Do So If They Play Together All Year And Stay Healthy. Coach Sloan Had That Team In 2003 Made Up Of A Bunch Of Throw-Aways Competing Like Rabid Dogs And We Won 42 Games.

Btw, with this new youth movement, I expect to see Kanter more comfortable to not step on toes and show what he's got. I'm not saying I want the guy shooting 3's (he can) but having him nail 16 foot baseline jumpers will become the norm.

It's almost been criminal how little they've let Kanter shoot the ball.

I wonder what your reaction would be if I took this post, and showed it to AKMVP of 3 years ago, just to see the expression on your face.

A far cry from calling Hayward a dreadful pick @ #9, hehe.