What's new

Who is going to score?

Jazz will have no go-to guy in the beginning of the season; which will probably result in a lot of close, frustrating losses early in the season.

Someone will have to step up. Finding out who will be half the fun.

Enter Trey Burke. Holy fuzz I still can't believe we DARFTed him.

Most of you guys are way to optimistic. It is one thing to score vs benches and vs Bobcats for example and it is other thing to do it as starter on regular basis vs best teams. There is no way Kanter and Favors will score more then 13pts per game ( which is still great for both of them). I expect most youngster to be in foul trouble a lot and Ty will reach for veterans more then you guys imagine. The only one who will be scoring above 15pts a game will be Hayward. And at the end of the day it is not bad thing, let them all struggle through this and gain invaluable experience and with hopefully high pick in 2014 we may be set for good.

Just give them a chance. One year and lets talk again by the end of the season.

Just give them a chance. One year and lets talk again by the end of the season.

Sure next year we would talk differently. But for you to expect that this season Kanter will jump his scoring from 6 pts to 18 is a bit fantastic don't you think so? Let him double it to 12 and it is already huge.

I wonder what your reaction would be if I took this post, and showed it to AKMVP of 3 years ago, just to see the expression on your face.

A far cry from calling Hayward a dreadful pick @ #9, hehe.

Well obviously Hayward turned out better then I expected - I admitted that I ate crow already so no need to beat dead horse. But I believe I was calling him dreadful pick not because of what kind of player he is but what kind of player we could have had instead. Like I love Burks a lot but to leave Kawhi on board was a dreadful mistake IMHO as well.
No complains about this year picks for example - Jazz got the best with their draft position and it is not even close.

This is make or break for Hayward and Favors. They both need to average close to 20 ppg this year to be considered any good. Certainly the league considers them a part of their future, being invited to the USA camp this summer. I like the addition of Rush and he could give us some serious punch. Burks could be that 3rd guy, he just needs to play within the system. I think he could be somewhere between 15-18 ppg. Burke will be low teens, needs to rack up the assists and run the system.

I sure would like to see Evans get some time. Hope he's working on jumper, give us 10 off the bench and play that off-defender role.

Hayward 20 ppg
Favors 20 ppg
Burks 15 ppg
Rush 13 ppg
Burke 11 ppg
Kanter 10 ppg
Bench 11-15 ppg

Favors does not have a post move, nor a dependable midrange shot. I think 12 ppg is optimistic. Hayward will be the leading scorer, with Kanter close behind; how much they score will depend on how well the team gells.

Favors does not have a post move, nor a dependable midrange shot. I think 12 ppg is optimistic. Hayward will be the leading scorer, with Kanter close behind; how much they score will depend on how well the team gells.

well he had 9.4 ppg last year on 23.2 minutes, and did he really got a whole lot of help last year that he won't have this year? i think 12 ppg is reasonable.

well he had 9.4 ppg last year on 23.2 minutes, and did he really got a whole lot of help last year that he won't have this year? i think 12 ppg is reasonable.

This.
Favors will average 12 ppg no problem.

Possibly interesting somewhat unrelated note: Hayward hit the ninth most threes in a season by any jazz man last season. tying stockton's best. only 12 behind third.

Hayward 16
Kanter 15
Favors 13
Burks 13
Rush 11
Burke 9
Rest of the team 17

Sure next year we would talk differently. But for you to expect that this season Kanter will jump his scoring from 6 pts to 18 is a bit fantastic don't you think so? Let him double it to 12 and it is already huge.
I expect he'll double it to 12 just based on playing twice as many minutes. Enes averaged 7 pts in 16.5 mins. I expect him to play 30 mins this season. So 14-16 pts is not out of the question, especially considering the Jazz no longer have Jefferson, Randy and Mo taking all those shots.

Just going with what basketballreference.com projects for these guys:

Favors 14.9 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 2.3 bpg
Kanter 16 ppg, 10.4 ppg
Hayward 16.2 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.6 apg
Burks 15.2 ppg, 5 rpg, 2.8 apg

Burke will score some, and the bench will be pretty bad, but I expect the original C4 to be pretty close to those numbers. Pretty evenly balanced. I could see Hayward score at a little higher pace than that, as he was 1 ppg higher than that last season. If they get minutes, I see no reason why all of these guys can't reach this level this season, and improve from there.

Actually, Per36, he scored 16.9, and there is no reason to think that he should not be getting around 30+ minutes per game. Also, he scored 7.2 ppg last season, so doubling it is 14.4. Not too much of a stretch to score 18 ppg if he is featured on offense. I think it will actually be somewhere around 16 ppg for Kanter this season, but he will def be a 18+ ppg scorer sooner rather than later.