What's new

Who Should the Jazz Bring In?

And maybe play more Favors against centers (or other positions players like Zion) that he can actually play. If he's a non factor on an Embiid one on one, match his minutes with Gobert, and use Mitchell to stagger minutes among bench lineups

Last edited:
I wonder what it would take to get Rodions Kurucs out of Houston? Not much I imagine. He was a big part of Kenny Atkinson’s winning no-name roster two season’s ago.

Also really behind RHJ and Austin Rivers scenarios.

Last edited:
Here's what Hoops Hype said about us: https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-deadline-team-analysis/

Limited position

The Jazz have a healthy lead over for the top seed in the West. It seems inconceivable that they would trade any of their top-8 players. They could get a little aggressive and acquire a role player with one of their TPEs ($5 million and $3.5 million). After waiving Shaquille Harrison, the Jazz are about $4.3 million below the hard cap, so they could add another role player within that budget.

The Jazz could alternatively make a cost-cutting move. They are going to be a taxpaying team over the next five years now that they have Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert locked into maximum contracts during that span. They are currently $1.2 million above the luxury tax. There is a path for them to get below the luxury tax without trading their Top 8 players but it would require trading away some of their young prospects. Getting under the luxury tax this year would delay the repeater tax, giving the Jazz tens of millions in luxury tax savings three years from now.

The jazz are in a bit of a pickle because defensively I think they are one piece away from making it to the finals. We saw what Tobias Harris did to the jazz in OT. The 4 position will be exploited in the playoffs.

Bojan is a good offensive player but not a good defender. We just need someone who can hit the 3 ball who is a better defender. They don’t have to be as good as Bojan offensively we have plenty of other shooters.

We need a trade...But I don’t see Utah being able to pull one off.

My other worry is Rudy is great defensively against everyone but high quality big men. The whole league struggles against the Embiids or Jokic’s of the world - I get it - but I feel like he’s WORSE at defense against those guys than other just ok defending big men. Tell me I’m wrong. I think it’s because he’s tall and long but he’s not big. How do we stop Anthony Davis in the playoffs?

The jazz are in a bit of a pickle because defensively I think they are one piece away from making it to the finals. We saw what Tobias Harris did to the jazz in OT. The 4 position will be exploited in the playoffs.

Bojan is a good offensive player but not a good defender. We just need someone who can hit the 3 ball who is a better defender. They don’t have to be as good as Bojan offensively we have plenty of other shooters.

My other worry is Rudy is great defensively against everyone but high quality big men. The whole league struggles against the Embiids or Jokic’s of the world - I get it - but I feel like he’s WORSE at defense against those guys than other just ok defending big men. Tell me I’m wrong. I think it’s because he’s tall and long but he’s not big. How do we stop Anthony Davis in the playoffs?
First, we sign OPJ. Then we sign Udoh.

Someone on Twitter claiming Ilyasova was spotted in Utah today.

Go ahead and put that into your 401k and JFC will match it.

So would anyone want Ilyasova?
He' s 33 and maybe not on an NBA team
I could see him as a 10 day. Gotta sign someone. May as well be him.

Nikola Mirotic answers a lot of these issues. He can guard the 4 spot better than Bojan and guard the 3, 2 and 1 (in limited minutes). He would also fit these team seamlessly. He's also healthy and rested (advantages over Otto Porter).

Nikola Mirotic answers a lot of these issues. He can guard the 4 spot better than Bojan and guard the 3, 2 and 1 (in limited minutes). He would also fit these team seamlessly. He's also healthy and rested (advantages over Otto Porter).
(You can't just break a contract, even if it's in Europe)

• Nikola Mirotic has extended his contract with Barcelona through the 2024-25 season.​

Mirotic shocked many when he turned down several NBA offers last season to head overseas, but you can't blame him for wanting to play on one of the best teams in his home country at this point in his career. “I’m very happy and very grateful to the club for this new opportunity," he said in a statement. "I’m happy to have extended my contract. 2025 sounds great. So many years wearing this shirt and hopefully achieving further success. I look forward to repaying that trust.”
    SOURCE: FC Barcelona
    Sep 25, 2020, 12:02 PM ET

Someone on Twitter claiming Ilyasova was spotted in Utah today.

Go ahead and put that into your 401k and JFC will match it.
I posted an article (some Lakers site wrote it) that listed the top FA players available and Ersan was listed. He was one of the two players in the list I liked (the other was the former Hawks player Dedmon). I would be cool with Erson as he hit the three well last season.

Always liked Ilyasova but better check that birth certificate because 33 sounds like a conservative estimate.:p Yeah, definitely sign him up though, then double down and trade Morgan for Rodions Kurucs. Kurucs beat out RHJ in Brooklyn a couple years ago mostly on the strength of his defense I believe - 6'9" and athletic. He was just filler in the Harden deal and Silas doesn't even know he's on the team it seems.

(You can't just break a contract, even if it's in Europe)
Yeah I think mirotic has made it pretty clear he does not want to come back to the NBA for whatever reason. Not on the list at all.