What's new

Who Should the Jazz Bring In?

Nah, this season Mykhailiuk is basically Rayjon Tucker or worse. He is shooting well below 38% from the floor and 33% from 3. If anything this will probably be his last season in the league. Pistons basically exchanged a garbage minute scrub for a solid rotational piece with some upside...at the cost of a 2027 second round pick.
As.Of.Late.

He's averaging 13 PPG his last few games.

Here are some names from the NBA deadpool:
- Bruno Caboclo
- Mario Hezonja
- Glenn Robinson III -- just sitting out there
- Skal Labissiere
- Thon Maker
- Ivan Rabb
- Jabari Parker

I'd bring in Thon Maker on a 10-day contract.

Hard pass on Thon, All G League lifer.

"Maker attended the 2016 NBA Draft Combine, where he was measured as the third-tallest player without shoes at 6 ft 11.75 in and recorded the highest no-step vertical jump (32") of any player over 6 ft 11 in NBA Draft Combine history. In the days leading up to the draft, a number of teams ruled themselves out of selecting Maker in the first round over concerns that his age had been misrepresented, as some believed Maker to be between 21–23 years of age despite being officially listed as a 19-year-old. Despite those concerns, he was selected with the 10th overall pick in the 2016 draft by the Milwaukee Bucks, becoming the first high school player taken in the first round since the 2005 Collective Bargaining Agreement went into effect."

"Maker attended the 2016 NBA Draft Combine, where he was measured as the third-tallest player without shoes at 6 ft 11.75 in and recorded the highest no-step vertical jump (32") of any player over 6 ft 11 in NBA Draft Combine history. In the days leading up to the draft, a number of teams ruled themselves out of selecting Maker in the first round over concerns that his age had been misrepresented, as some believed Maker to be between 21–23 years of age despite being officially listed as a 19-year-old. Despite those concerns, he was selected with the 10th overall pick in the 2016 draft by the Milwaukee Bucks, becoming the first high school player taken in the first round since the 2005 Collective Bargaining Agreement went into effect."
We care, why??

Magic is open to Gordon offer. He is younger, more athletic, better defensively and on a much more team friendly contract. A bogey-Gordon swap simply makes too much sense right now
For us but for Orlando? We'd have to add picks for sure. Orlando is weird so who knows what they want but a straight swap does nothing for them.

Is there anyway we can get John Collins? Just think him and donovan would be dynamic

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I like Gordon but I wonder if he has peaked out and is a smidge over-rated or if he has untapped potential due to being in Orlando. I've also heard rumblings that he doesn't view himself like some of us do... we kinda want him to be Shawn Marion and he thinks he's more like Paul George.

He's a much better defender obvi and the rebounding and passing are very nice. Not sure how big of a problem the shooting is going to be... I think he's likely good enough.

Orlando is weird so who knows what they are thinking. They seem to chase the 8 seed when they should just re-build... so maybe a Bogey and a first (2 years after the Memphis pick conveys) is a good deal for them that gets them an asset and keeps them competitive. They would be a team that really needs Bojan's shooting.

Is there anyway we can get John Collins? Just think him and donovan would be dynamic

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
John does not play winning basketball yet and is due an extension... he needs to go to a team that can give him some development time... not a contender.

I like Gordon but I wonder if he has peaked out and is a smidge over-rated or if he has untapped potential due to being in Orlando. I've also heard rumblings that he doesn't view himself like some of us do... we kinda want him to be Shawn Marion and he thinks he's more like Paul George.

He's a much better defender obvi and the rebounding and passing are very nice. Not sure how big of a problem the shooting is going to be... I think he's likely good enough.

Orlando is weird so who knows what they are thinking. They seem to chase the 8 seed when they should just re-build... so maybe a Bogey and a first (2 years after the Memphis pick conveys) is a good deal for them that gets them an asset and keeps them competitive. They would be a team that really needs Bojan's shooting.
If Gordon is a perfect player with no flaws Orlando wouldn't have made him available. Bogey is a better offensive player who can stay healthy (apart from that wrist surgery) and can help them put up some wins now. Any team with Orlando's record would probably have thrown in the towel but they are weird like you said. And I'm sure Vuce won't feel happy about wasting his prime on a losing team. Getting Vuce some help now could help them hold the team together.

Personally I don't believe Gordon to be a better overall player than Bogey. But his tools and skillset fit what we need at the moment since we already have a surplus of offensive weapons and scoring is hardly the problem. Bogey is more of a luxury than necessity. Plus even if Gordon doesn't work out, we are much better off with his contract than holding onto Bogey's.

Last edited: