What's new

Who will be the starting point guard on opening night?

Who's going to be the starting point guard this season?

• Sexton

• Clarkson

• George

• Dunn

• THT

• Someone we haven't traded for yet

Results are only viewable after voting.
For the record, I have no idea what the answer to this question will be. If we imagine our starting 1 as more of a young Tony Parker-type—i.e. mainly as a penetrate-and-kick role—with some secondary playmaking on the wing, then we have a lot of options. If we aren't happy with that role, then we ultimately need to make a trade or settle for Dunn for a while.

He has always leveraged his speed with the ball in his hands. If that's not "athleticism" then I don't know what is. He's crafty, too, and his game should age well, but let's not get twisted.

View: https://youtu.be/QP7doJ_t-Ac

Does this look like a guy that uses pure athleticism to blow by his man. He uses angles and crossovers to keep his man off balance and get to where he wants on the floor for his elite floater game. He’s the closest thing there is to a post player at the guard position. I’ve never just seen him blow by someone and dunk over people. Not his game. He will largely pin you to his hip, use spins and Euro steps to create room to get off his go to move which is a floater.

Here is how i see it IMHO

PG - Clarkson, George, Dunn

SG - Agbaji, Sexton, THT

SF - Makkanen, Fonticchio, Sensabaugh

PF - Collins, Hendricks, Samanic

C - Kessler, Olynyk, Yurtseven

First I can see a trade happening with these potential players THT, Sexton, Olynyk and/or Fontichhio, Samanic, Dunn

I see George gaining confidence through the year and putting pressure on startin.

I see THT getting more playing time as injuries keep players out.

I see Sexton being that 6th man role and flourishing.

When sensabaugh is healthy he will push for playing time because of his ability to score. Him and Sexton would be an amazing 1-2 punch off the bench.

I feel Hendricks will have the biggest growth curve because he will need to add some weight. I see him getting minutes at the 3 and the 4.

Yustseven is going to push Olynyk for playing time by mid season.

Agbaji is the best starter because he can be a 5th option with the starters.

Just my 2 cents

I would like to see a Tyler Herro trade that looks something like Sexton or THT, Olynyk and a FRP maybe some SRPs

Was just reading a trade proposal article about the Jazz going after D'Angelo Russell. Now I think this was proposed by a Jazz fan because I do not think the Lakers are going to trade Russell for so cheap but here is the proposal

The Trade Proposal​

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: F/C Kelly Olynyk, F Simone Fontecchio, 2029 Second-Round Pick (UTA)​

Utah Jazz Receive: G D’Angelo Russell​

I think there would need to be more involved with the trade but I am not sure how I think about adding DLo to the Jazz.

Was just reading a trade proposal article about the Jazz going after D'Angelo Russell. Now I think this was proposed by a Jazz fan because I do not think the Lakers are going to trade Russell for so cheap but here is the proposal

The Trade Proposal​

Los Angeles Lakers Receive: F/C Kelly Olynyk, F Simone Fontecchio, 2029 Second-Round Pick (UTA)​

I think there would need to be more involved with the trade but I am not sure how I think about adding DLo to the Jazz.

kill me if that happens DLo is trash

The Trade Proposal​

So we trade our backcourt for a guard when we have 6 already?

The Trade Proposal​

No thanks. DLo is a liability on defense, carries toxicity flags and was benched in the playoffs for poor play.

jordan-clarkson.gif

View: https://youtu.be/QP7doJ_t-Ac

Does this look like a guy that uses pure athleticism to blow by his man. He uses angles and crossovers to keep his man off balance and get to where he wants on the floor for his elite floater game. He’s the closest thing there is to a post player at the guard position. I’ve never just seen him blow by someone and dunk over people. Not his game. He will largely pin you to his hip, use spins and Euro steps to create room to get off his go to move which is a floater.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cZ4BpT_XU8

Lmao. How many of those does he have a year and how many easy buckets does he get a game due to foot work and overall craftiness from inside. Ok then.
I think he gets most of his stuff just off being really herky-jerky and having a quick trigger. I wouldnt call him super crafty or someone with great footwork.

He's a great athlete though (multi sport athlete, HS track star). He just doesnt show it a lot because his handle is loose and he's scrawny.

That Donovan died so just keep that in mind.

This. And it happened really quickly too...even by his second season it already felt like a lot of the joy and enthusiasm that he played with in his rookie season was gone.