What's new

Why are we still stuck with Tony Bradley?

From what I sid see he was hustling his but off, it didnt always look pretty but if you are a young player trying to make it in the league you gotta bust your *** and he did appear to do that.

I’d bust my ***. Doesn’t mean i deserve any minutes on a NBA court.

Well if Rudy misses time we are ****ed. Doesn't matter if Bradley is around or not

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Exactly. Our defense is centered around Rudy. He plays a huge role on offense. Until Mitchell gets better, Rudy is the best player on this team.

If he gets hurt, we're not contenders. Tony Bradley doesn't change that one way or another.

Well, we could've gone with Willie or even Jeff Withey as Homey mentioned, both are better options, especially Withey, but they are both 29 years old with little-to-no upside. Bradley is only 20; he was the youngest guy on our summer league team, and he has shown improvement. Who knows, he might still develop. Big guys take longer. So, I guess the coaches are willing to take a chance on him.

Well, we could've gone with Willie or even Jeff Withey as Homey mentioned, both are better options, especially Withey, but they are both 29 years old with little-to-no upside. Bradley is only 20; he was the youngest guy on our summer league team, and he has shown improvement. Who knows, he might still develop. Big guys take longer. So, I guess the coaches are willing to take a chance on him.
Sounds reasonable to me

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

All I'm sayin' is all y'all Mormons better be prayin' for Rudy's knees and ankles every friggin' night cuz Coast to Coast Tony will be a disaster whenever he gets on the floor :(
Maybe we all learn some things about Raphael the Archangel... the patron saint of healing! Get all the help, from every angle, I mean angel.

I like SuperHooper's question - should we be investing this time in Tony? He's young, HAS shown a lot of improvement this year, and maybe he'll make an impact this year,
but Center's who can't shoot are at a major discount in the league right now, and don't know that we should be locking up a roster spot on one that may not have high upside.
I get not taking Willie Reed, as he's way past his prime - and no upside. With Rudy coming upon Super Max in 2021, we might to using that spot to gamble, looking for a young, potential Siakam or Capela...

Bradley dominated practically every center he played against in Summer League, not bad for third string. Kid's got a soft touch and can board. Personally, I'm happy to have him aboard as most of our front court players are a little light in the azz. I truly hope he gets some minutes against the bruisers like Boogie and Steven Adams so we can preserve Gobert and to a lesser extent Ed Davis.

Completely support keeping him in the organization and developing him through his rookie deal.

That said, I don't think he materializes into a meaningful role player for us, barring cataclysmic injury.

You don't draft 19 year olds unless your willing to wait 3-4 years to "get it". Particularly 6'11" players with a 7'5"+ wingspan. DL will wait one more year, as he should.