What's new

Why do ppl with the first name Donald act questionable all the time in public and on television?

Racists have no place in civil society, let alone owners of NBA teams. I fully support the outing of people like Donald Sterling, entrapment or not. **** that guy. Sell the team.

Just listened to the recording. Awful stuff. What a piece of ****.

But tbh, I thought it was going to be way worse after hearing some of the reactions before actually listening to it.

This.

I was disappointed at the lack of nikka's used in the convo

You ****ing clown.

Even though he's clearly an ignorant prick, he's actually making a decent point.

Although Sterling is obviously a racist, it's not like we needed this tape to know that. People have known for years now…and now we're all feigning outrage? As Kareem Abdul-Jabbar said, taping the conversation and releasing it to the media was sleazy, and we should be angered about it as well.

I agree. Having heard multiple reactions to the audio before before listening to it, I was expecting far worse than what was actually there. The guy has some serious mental issues, but he can say what he wants. His reputation is being destroyed and that's about all that should happen here.

disagree. his disturbing past and all the guys coming out left and right how nasty this dude makes me this sicko really is a sick *******. that convo was weird and disturbing, but it's his awful past & reputation is even more disturbing. for the longest time he bullied people and abused his power. this was not a one time thing. dude's been called out by alot of people.

if i'm commish, i would do whatever it takes remove this guy from owning one of the hottest team in the league. and he is a noob, so this is perfect time to flex his muscle and gain power.

disagree. his disturbing past and all the guys coming out left and right how nasty this dude makes me this sicko really is a sick *******. that convo was weird and disturbing, but it's his awful past & reputation is even more disturbing. for the longest time he bullied people and abused his power. this was not a one time thing. dude's been called out by alot of people.

if i'm commish, i would do whatever it takes remove this guy from owning one of the hottest team in the league.

I'd have no problem with the league forcing him to give up the team. They can do what they want, it's their league

For as strong as you believe the human spirit can be, you must believe that the brutality of slavery is even stronger. It's impossible to overstate or even accurately portray to what lengths slavers and their underlings went to break millions of people for the entirety of their lives. I think it's important to be mindful of such things when the topic of racism and racists come up as that is the heart of racism in America. The beliefs held, expressed, and executed (his years of housing discrimination) by Donald Sterling have no place in civil society, and are certainly not something civil society should accept in any way. The NBA shouldn't have to do anything to pry the Clippers away from him, it is on the fans and the consumer to boycott that team or perhaps the entire NBA product until he forces himself out. He is an heir to an aspect of humanity that deserves to be banished. He is only as PC as smart business will allow, but make no mistake, this man has a seething contempt and even hatred for non-whites that is only matched by his lust for power.

**** Donald Sterling, and **** anyone that ventures into apologist territory. Again, I support the outing of people like him, gold digger, entrapment or not.

I'm not sure I've seen anybody apologizing for him Numb…there are some of us who just don't like the way that he was outed.

Even though he's clearly an ignorant prick, he's actually making a decent point.

Although Sterling is obviously a racist, it's not like we needed this tape to know that. People have known for years now…and now we're all feigning outrage? As Kareem Abdul-Jabbar said, taping the conversation and releasing it to the media was sleazy, and we should be angered about it as well.

That's not obvious to me at all from this tape. In fact, Sterling seems to be not racist based on this tape alone.

Sterling said this girl is supposed to fit into a role that he's defined. It seems like it was her job to play that role and she refused. Why wasn't the whore living up to her end of a very lucrative business deal?

That's not obvious to me at all from this tape. In fact, Sterling seems to be not racist based on this tape alone.

Sterling said this girl is supposed to fit into a role that he's defined. It seems like it was her job to play that role and she refused. Why wasn't the whore living up to her end of a very lucrative business deal?

Did I say that it was based off of just the tape? If you look at this previous actions, it is obvious that he is a racist. The tape is actually less shocking than many of the other things he's done, it's just more publicized.

That's why I find it humorous that so many people are making a big deal out of this. This is not new news.

Did I say that it was based off of just the tape? If you look at this previous actions, it is obvious that he is a racist. The tape is actually less shocking than many of the other things he's done, it's just more publicized.

That's why I find it humorous that so many people are making a big deal out of this. This is not new news.

I didn't mean to imply you had. I've agreed with just about everything you've said on this today.

Howevva, after listening to the tape I'm not sure he's racist. The DOJ settlement might not be anything, and even if it is then it can be chalked up to a business decision. Has he done other things to show his racism?