What's new

Why the Jazz Can't Beat the Rockets With Gobert

On a different note, my respect for Snyder increased dramatically when he finally started playing Burks and Exum more minutes. It took a Ricky Rubio injury for him to make this change, but at least he made it. And we had so many posters here laughing at the prospect of playing Burks and Exum. Those people can take an L.
Oh right, cuz the Rubio thing was working out so terribly?

Snyder is a great coach and has been since the day he got here. I'm sure he'll be glad that he finally earned your approval, though.

Fixed. Check out what you said in your own posts before you make this weak *** defense. You may want to talk with Snyder and the coaching staff. They could probably help you with proper defensive adjustments. You don't throw up the white flag and sit your best player.
Yeah, what a weak *** defense from me. How dare I use my actual words before the game occurred to prove you wrong?

Yeah, what a weak *** defense from me. How dare I use my actual words before the game occurred to prove you wrong?
What in the hell are you talking about? Here's your very first sentence in this thread (the title of which you believe we should ignore).
I said that Snyder would need to figure a plan on how to beat the Rockets without Gobert and had a bunch of homers disagree with me.

What in the hell are you talking about? Here's your very first sentence in this thread (the title of which you believe we should ignore).
If you're claiming that Snyder doesn't need to come up with a plan B, then that's premature wanking. The series isn't over yet, and it remains to be seen if we will not have to go an extended period of a game without Gobert.

We did pretty well without Gobert on the floor, and that B plan will most likely be necessary at some point in the series if Houston starts hitting their threes again.

If you're claiming that Snyder doesn't need to come up with a plan B, then that's premature wanking. The series isn't over yet, and it remains to be seen if we will not have to go an extended period of a game without Gobert.

We did pretty well without Gobert on the floor, and that B plan will most likely be necessary at some point in the series if Houston starts hitting their threes again.
Haven’t you been reading MTJK? The series most certainly is already over.

You are a dork. Point to where I have ever said anything that could be remotely construed to suggest that Snyder does not need to continue coaching and making adjustments. That's his job, and his Plan Bs are a big part of the reason that those of us who are paying attention consider him to be a very good coach. He needs to keep making adjustments whether we win or lose. If he ever takes your suggestion to park a healthy Gobert on the bench for extended periods of time I will be amazed, and if it works I will be even more amazed. Putting Gobert in situations where he could thrive (catching lobs and defending the rim) was a huge part of the reason the Jazz won last night. Remove him from that game plan and we would be in big trouble.

You did the premature wanking. Actually.

My headline is the headline of the video. This is what I actually wrote in my opening post, which you clearly didn't read:
"Hopefully Gobert can make drastic adjustments for this series, but more importantly, I hope Snyder comes up with a plan B, because Houston is probably the worst match up for Gobert."

It's not my fault people don't actually read (or know how to read). And Snyder and Gobert both made good adjustments. However, if D'antoni is even a slightly decent coach he will have a counter to this (more Harden/Capela PnR, Paul/whoever PnR for instance). So I still hope Snyder has a plan B to counter this in case Gobert doesn't continue to acclimate.
Called it (see highlighted in red).

Clearly Quin needs to come up with a counter adjustment to the adjustment that Mike made to the adjustment that Quin made to adjust to Rudy struggling to adjust to the different challeng that the Rockets present

The Jazz may not be able to beat the Rocket with Gobert but they for sure cant beat them without him. So acting like Gobert is the issue misses the point entirely.