What's new

Will a Jazz player take a knee during the National Anthem this year?

Will a Jazz player take a knee during the Nat'l Anthem this year?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • Cheese

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters

Keefe

With the taking of a knee seeming to become more popular and those like Carmelo, Lebron and Wade having spoken up against racial inquaity when it comes to policing, I wonder if any players or even whole teams will take a knee this coming season.

Do you think anyone on the Jazz will?

I think it's important to remember what Thabo went through a few years ago. I don't think anybody takes a knee but I could see sitting down during the anthem.

I think it's important to remember what Thabo went through a few years ago. I don't think anybody takes a knee but I could see sitting down during the anthem.
Why would you think they'd sit rather than take a knee? Although the reaction from critics seems to be the same, taking a knee is still showing some reverence for the custom while sitting has the appearance of showing disrespect.

Sent from my SM-J700P using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't care, but from what I've heard in the NBA they can actually punish you for doing so. So a threat of a fine or suspension might make it less likely.

in the NFL, there is no rule against it. in the NBA there is a very specific rule against it so unless dudes want to get suspended, they'll be standing.

Why would you think they'd sit rather than take a knee? Although the reaction from critics seems to be the same, taking a knee is still showing some reverence for the custom while sitting has the appearance of showing disrespect.

Sent from my SM-J700P using JazzFanz mobile app

You're right, I guess maybe my point is I don't really think they kneel but do something else. Sitting down probably would come off as more disrespectful to those concerned with that I agree.

They will do something but it will be everyone together, well orchestrated, and somehow disconnected from the Anthem. I thought the Cowboys did it well.

The fact that half our team pledges to a different flag makes this interesting.

I highly doubt it. I'd bet the Miller's will help the players get out a message a different way. Not sure how, possibly a foundation or something useful.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but didnt the Jazz at the season opener against the Blazers lock arms or stand in a circle or something like that? They didnt kneel or stand, but there was some sort of unity act. It was tasteful though. So I'd imagine if anything is done it'd be something like last years