What's new

Will a Jazz player take a knee during the National Anthem this year?

Will a Jazz player take a knee during the Nat'l Anthem this year?

• Yes

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • Cheese

Votes: 10 20.8%

• Total voters
I think the NBA will will have figured out a way to keep the negativity away. If I were Silver, I'd have a plan to avoid such a divisive situation. It would be cool to even involve the players in the process of the reforms that address the issues the NFL is protesting.

to those of you who support the protest and think they should not be cut/fired!

do you support the christian bakers?

i think thye have the right to do whatever they want, ad do not want the government or the owners to do anything. but just as they have the right to do whatever, i have the right to stpo paying them and take my money elsewhere.

because i watch the jazz for entertainment. do not want to be politically lectured to, so i take my money and seek entertainment elsewhere

I'm actually quite interested in knowing what entertainment you choose while ignoring the NBA. Please keep us abreast of your discoveries!

adult entertainment does not have politics in it, unless you go on those entertainers their twitter.

but so far in their work their is no lecturring about politics.

so I might get me a nice thick arm
maxresdefault.jpg

in all seriousness it does not have to be entertainment *****. it can just be something that gives me peace and quiet and make me forget about the world. have not watch a lot of movies lately. been skipping going to cinema, it saved me a lot of money!

after marvel agents of shield used Donald trump quotes repeated by the villain/hydra. i watch less and less tv shows and movies. with tv shows it is pretty simple 3 strikes and your out!
it is not like their is no entertainment outhere!

anyways i think you was being sarcastic so forget this post

I also believe they should be fired as a gift to them, then will have all of the time they need to actually do something about issues they FAKE care about. Pathetic.

So they are lying about their concern about their family and friends getting killed by police. That would be quite a lie.

Good litle sheep, stay in step..Well done

Yes. The people who disagree with your opinion must all be mindless.

You can say a lot of things about Cy that I would agree with.

But a mindless follower of the flock? Pure comedy.

Are you sure you are not mindlessly following another narrative? You sound an awful lot like Fox News.

I sort of hope so to see what Comissioner Silver is made of. It's easy to oust Donald Sterling or fix the lottery, let's see how he deals with a nuanced situation.

I'm actually quite interested in knowing what entertainment you choose while ignoring the NBA. Please keep us abreast of your discoveries!

[MENTION=4455]Engorged On Unborn Gore[/MENTION] there is enough entertainment to go around bro. with the internet and youtube their is no monopoly on entertainment for now.

government will control and regulate internet. and soon it will be normal just like they regulate radio and tv.

if you are serious about discoveries, i recently found this channel [MENTION=4455]Engorged On Unborn Gore[/MENTION] there is enough entertainment to go around bro

i recently found this channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBo9TLJiZ5HI5CXFsCxOhmA.

a couple who sails around the world, they later took in another couple. so sometimes before going to bed i put up a video of theirs and watch it. instead of tv show or movie that lectures me on my politics idea and live. these people have yet to do it!

their ar elots of nice podcast and vlog chnanels on youtube

I actually don't care about basketball. I'm just here to judge another man's patriotism based on what he does (or lack thereof) during our tradition of forced patriotism. I'm especially excited to judge the players who are not American, which is why I love the Jazz because about half the team isn't.

I hope someone does. If anyone does, it'll be Ekpe Udoh. But for him it's just tougher because he's finally returned to the NBA for his bid.

A lot easier for a star to do it-- but none of our best players seem super super into social justice. Maybe Rudy...? But Rudy would choose not to do it if Quin said the lack of distraction would make them a better team.

My guess is that the Jazz want absolutely no part of the player protests.

I think he could very well see a protest but no one will take a knee. I think a line of the players linked arm in arm is far more likely.

this is the worst outcome, frankly.

The team had eachothers arms over their shoulders for every game last year. I think Haywood bitched out mid-season and put his hand over his heart.

i'm so glad this bish is gone, honestly.

I'm gonna go ahead and say this-- if a player kneeling during the national anthem to bring light to civil rights and institutionalized racism against Black-Americans makes you angry-- then **** you and I seriously don't give a **** about you or your tears or your entitlement.

what would be the purpose of that ? Is there some other more effective way of tackling these problems ??

Raising awareness to the formerly shrinking and increasingly hostile ignorant (white) people of this country how isolated their views are from people different than them and that they might otherwise respect.

We've come a long way, but we have an even longer way to go to live up to our collective humanist rhetoric. This isn't about one strategy or another, it's about utilizing every avenue possible to get the point across and strive for better.