What's new

Will The Jazz Make Any Significant Trades?

Do The Jazz Make a Significant Trade?

• Total voters

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
Now that Clarkson, THT, and KO have all either opted in or had their contracts guaranteed, do we make any significant trades that affects the rotation?

THT/Sexton/Dunn
Ochai/Clarkson/George
Lauri/Sensabaugh/Simone
Collins/Hendricks/Samanic
Kessler/Olynyk/Jones/Vernon Carey Jr

Two Ways: Juzang, Potter, Hauser

I still think the Jazz are going to come out of nowhere one day and trade for Dame, **** might go down in August/September when everything is quiet.

Maybe All the pieces are in place to start trading
Free agency starts what July 1?

Think the Blazers are trying to take a page out of Danny's book where they sit on Lillard all off-season hoping more teams come in. Danny will be that team, but he won't bid against himself like Minnesota did. He will do just enough to beat Miami and we will have Dame at a good price.

I don’t think we make a significant trade before the season starts. But we’re positioned to be big time players at the deadline.

Expiring deals:
Clarkson (14.2M)
Olynyk (12.1M)
THT (11.1M)
Simone (3M)
Dunn (2.5M)
Jones (2.5M)
Luka (2.1M)

Young assets: Ochai, George, Sensabaugh, Hendricks

Think the Blazers are trying to take a page out of Danny's book where they sit on Lillard all off-season hoping more teams come in. Danny will be that team, but he won't bid against himself like Minnesota did. He will do just enough to beat Miami and we will have Dame at a good price.

I’m with this. I think it’s a possibility for sure.

You mean the only combination of backcourt players that can shoot, drive, and pass?
I'm not a big Ochai fan (relative to some on the board), but he's a better defender than JC and Sexton, and is currently more effective off-ball on offense.

It makes sense to stagger JC and Sexton as much as possible, which is easier if one comes off the bench.

I'd probably go with JC + Ochai (THT and Dunn could slip into the Ochai spot as well).

I think Dunn is poised to break out this year. That said, I think carrying 3 rookies is dumb. I still expect other moves. Whether before the season starts or at the deadline I highly doubt we end the season with the same roster we have right now.

I'm not a big Ochai fan (relative to some on the board), but he's a better defender than JC and Sexton, and is currently more effective off-ball on offense.

It makes sense to stagger JC and Sexton as much as possible, which is easier if one comes off the bench.

I'd probably go with JC + Ochai (THT and Dunn could slip into the Ochai spot as well).
Where are the creation and ball movement hubs (plural)? Our frontcourt can be productive and efficient if they have guards creating some churn but putting all of that on Clarkson is a crazy, crazy big ask.

If we can get Dame via a reasonable amount of our own future draft capital, I'd be in favor of that.

Would be really exciting to see what he could do with an elite frontcourt and real team around him.