What's new

Will Trey Ever Shoot Over 40%

sojodave

Trey is improving as a passer, but he takes a lot of shots and if he doesn't ever shoot over 40%, the Jazz have big problems at pg. This year he is shooting 33% from the field and 27% from three and he's been averaging 5 three point attempts a game.

Do you think Trey will ever shoot over 40% from the field?

I think so, but I don't think it happens this year

Yeah, there's not many players that don't shoot over 40%. I think the main problem for trey is that he's been given a green light ever since being drafted. He'll get a better shot selection.

I think its time to realize Burke is a sub 40% shooter in this league.

But he has other abilities that make him decent on offense. He can penetrate well, he runs a good PnR, good handles.

if he can actually increase his FG% above 40% he would be really sick, but he probably wont go there.

Last season he pretty much never dribbled to the hoop to create a shot and he's better at it this season. If he continues to improve I think he'll crack 40% as a whole.

last night he went 7/17 i think. and he was all over the place. that's like 41%.

it's doable if he continues take it to the hoop. and he will get better at shooting. great FT shooters always get better at shooting.

Trey is improving as a passer, but he takes a lot of shots and if he doesn't ever shoot over 40%, the Jazz have big problems at pg. This year he is shooting 33% from the field and 27% from three and he's been averaging 5 three point attempts a game.

Do you think Trey will ever shoot over 40% from the field?

In a season or a game?

Well he's accomplished the feat of shooting 40% in 25% (3/12) of his games this season. Maybe the next step is merely to shoot 40% or better in at least 40% of his games this season.

He would need to do 2% better than his rookie season. I don't see how he'll accomplish such a Herculean feat.
Well, CJ had four straight years of declining shooting percentages. Maybe Trey's ceiling WAS 38%/33%.

JK. As others have said, better shot selection, which includes taking it to the hoop more, would certainly help. Last night Trey made a lot of good things happen when he drove to the basket.

Well he's accomplished the feat of shooting 40% in 25% (3/12) of his games this season. Maybe the next step is merely to shoot 40% or better in at least 40% of his games this season.

bad logic. these streaky shooters don't consistently shoot well. burke will have plenty of games shooting 30-35% per game. but he will have games where he shoots 50%. it will average out and he will be low 40% range next year. i think he will be similar to last year's % this year. he dug himself a big hole already. i expect him to be 38% range again

Well, CJ had four straight years of declining shooting percentages. Maybe Trey's ceiling WAS 38%/33%.

JK. As others have said, better shot selection, which includes taking it to the hoop more, would certainly help. Last night Trey made a lot of good things happen when he drove to the basket.

trey's gotten better at everything this year except his shooting. he just looks off. it's fixable. attack more and just be a PG.

Most players improve their shooting throughout their careers. The opposite is also true on rare occasions, but I think the question is ridiculous since Burke shot nearly 40% his rookie season. Trey actually has a very nice shot. It needs a tiny bit more arc and spin. He should also release the ball a bit earlier as he tends to wait until he's on his way down. Other than those fixable issues, he has a beautiful stroke, and his shot is very accurate. Most of his misses clank in and out as the ball doesn't have enough arc or spin.

I'd be willing to bet $500 that he'll break 42% before his rookie contract expires.