What's new

Will you still follow the Jazz if Ty is re-signed?

Will you still follow the Jazz is Ty is re-signed?

• Yes

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters
If I'm completely honest, I will "sort of" follow how the teams are doing each game, but I won't actually watch more than 20 whole games in the season.

I would also predict the Jazz would struggle to stay out of lottery again next year if Ty is back.

Jazz are going to struggle to stay out of the lottery next year even if Popovich came over. . .

Stupidest poll ever.

Would I be mad? Yes.

Guess what though? If the Jazz win games to start the year, I guarantee all the people who voted they would stop following, would start following.

I only recently quit watching games, but I wouldn't even blame it all on the Jazz. I blame a lot of it on an overall lack of quality of the latter part of the 2nd half of the NBA season.

Stupidest poll ever.

Would I be mad? Yes.

Guess what though? If the Jazz win games to start the year, I guarantee all the people who voted they would stop following, would start following.

I only recently quit watching games, but I wouldn't even blame it all on the Jazz. I blame a lot of it on an overall lack of quality of the latter part of the 2nd half of the NBA season.

You can make this the cleverest poll/thread ever.

Post more.

There's a difference between "abandoning" and "not following", though.

"Abandoning" means you give up on the Jazz and start following another team.

"Not following" just means you stop buying the season tickets, stop going to games, don't re-up on the league pass, don't follow the team like u used to...

That describes me. I will have zero interest in watching whatever crappy vets are signed or traded for get significant playing time while the draft picks, Neto, Gobert, etc. languish on the bench. And I have zero interest watching a team that has no discernable strategy on offense or defense.

League Pass is too expensive. My entertainment dollars will go elsewhere while my interest in the Jazz and the NBA drops. While the Jazz may never be a contender under any coach; it's 99.9% certain they won't ever contend with Corbin as the coach.

That describes me. I will have zero interest in watching whatever crappy vets are signed or traded for get significant playing time while the draft picks, Neto, Gobert, etc. languish on the bench. And I have zero interest watching a team that has no discernable strategy on offense or defense.

League Pass is too expensive. My entertainment dollars will go elsewhere while my interest in the Jazz and the NBA drops. While the Jazz may never be a contender under any coach; it's 99.9% certain they won't ever contend with Corbin as the coach.

Yup, same here. I will follow the team more intently again once the FO starts taking this coaching search seriously and consider each coach based on his merits instead of just hiring an "old pal" of the org, just to keep 1 man happy.

The team is more than any 1 man.

You saw what Hornacek was able to do with PHX this year right? Would you say they are more talented than us?
Yes. And I even said they could surprise in my pre-season predictions. They had some seasoned vets while the Jazz had only Hayward who had been a regular starter.

Jazz are going to struggle to stay out of the lottery next year even if Popovich came over. . .

And that's ok. I don't expect the Jazz to make the playoffs, even if they were to get Wiggins. What I DO care about is not seeing another RJ come in and play 30 mins/per at the expense of players who are actually part of the Jazz' future (or need to show they may or may not be). I want to see the beginnings of an offensive and defensive system. I want to see a team progressing from November to April.

Yes. And I even said they could surprise in my pre-season predictions. They had some seasoned vets while the Jazz had only Hayward who had been a regular starter.

Jefferson and Marvin??

They had Plumleee at the C, the Morris Twins, Dragic, and Green.

There's no way they're better than us "on paper".

Jefferson and Marvin??

Bledsoe and Dragic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Burke, Garrett, JLIII and Tinsley.
And as Phoenix' two best players have outplayed Hayward and whoever you want to insert as Utah's 2nd best.

Frye is more consistent than Favors.
Green was better than Burks for 1/2 the season.
The Morris twins have at least been equal to Marvin and Kanter.

Plumlee and PJ Tucker have been surprises for Phoenix, much like RJ has been a surprise for Utah.

Yes, I had them better "on paper" than Utah. I didn't have them as a playoff team. Hornacek has certainly made a HUGE impact. But to be honest, I doubt Utah would have made the playoffs under Hornacek.

Bledsoe and Dragic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Burke, Garrett, JLIII and Tinsley.
And as Phoenix' two best players have outplayed Hayward and whoever you want to insert as Utah's 2nd best.

Plumlee and PJ Tucker have been surprises for Phoenix, much like RJ has been a surprise for Utah.

Yes, I had them better "on paper" than Utah and stand by that assessment.

You could really argue though that Hornacek has made them play that much better. These team had no chemistry coming together, for a lot of them it was their first time playing with each other. I truly believe that if our players were switched Hornacek would still have a better record.

Jefferson and Marvin??

You sure? There is a huge difference in experience of the main pieces of both teams.

Their best player is 27 years old and in his 6th year, and this is his 2nd year being the best player on the team.

Our best player is 23 and in his 4th year, and this is his 1st year being the focal point of the team. The next 4 best players are all younger than him.

Also the Suns actually have a style. That is attributed to Jeff, but it's also clear what they should do and it's easier to implement than what Utah should be doing.

Clearly Utah should develop some kind of system that utilizes dual bigs, but that is way harder to do than what the Suns are running. Kanter/Favors don't really have enough skills to be the focal point of the offense and still struggle to play together. That is legitimately a tough coaching point that Corbin has failed, but I'm not convinced Jeff could have done it either.

Best thing the Jeff has done is the rotating carousel of 4's and 5's he plays without anyone really getting many minutes. Makes the team's biggest weakness less apparent.

No matter what happens, If The Jazz somehow land Parker or Wiggins, everyone here will be back plus about 75 new posters.

I just can't see Corbin coming back though - Jazz defense has gone from bad to down right embarrassing.

I'm not sure I will follow the Jazz next season if Ty comes back. I've had League Pass since 2000 and am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription. I'm not LDS and I've never been to Utah. Nobody I know follows the team. Why watch bad basketball? It's not only expensive but painful to watch.

I got hooked on the Jazz back in the 90's mostly because it was beautiful basketball. Shot clock management, knowing where shots were coming from in order to position for rebounds, crisp passing, solid screens and cuts. All the little miniscule things were there, put together, to increase the odds of winning games. From the coach on down, there was leadership and accountability. Watching Jazz basketball was fun.

Most of the time when I watch now, I'm pissed. There isn't a player on this team I love. And I despise Corbin.

I'm not sure I will follow the Jazz next season if Ty comes back. I've had League Pass since 2000 and am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription. I'm not LDS and I've never been to Utah. Nobody I know follows the team. Why watch bad basketball? It's not only expensive but painful to watch.

I got hooked on the Jazz back in the 90's mostly because it was beautiful basketball. Shot clock management, knowing where shots were coming from in order to position for rebounds, crisp passing, solid screens and cuts. All the little miniscule things were there, put together, to increase the odds of winning games. From the coach on down, there was leadership and accountability. Watching Jazz basketball was fun.

Most of the time when I watch now, I'm pissed. There isn't a player on this team I love. And I despise Corbin.

Somebody please rep this guy for honesty, I'm out of Rep.

Why the hell would I stop following the Jazz if they keep TC as coach. I wont like it but they are my team. I wont let Ty or his man boobs keep me away from the Jazz....

sadly this.

I will just be miserable but i will still be obsessed with the jazz.

Please dont keep ty

You sure? There is a huge difference in experience of the main pieces of both teams.

Their best player is 27 years old and in his 6th year, and this is his 2nd year being the best player on the team.

Our best player is 23 and in his 4th year, and this is his 1st year being the focal point of the team. The next 4 best players are all younger than him.

Also the Suns actually have a style. That is attributed to Jeff, but it's also clear what they should do and it's easier to implement than what Utah should be doing.

Clearly Utah should develop some kind of system that utilizes dual bigs, but that is way harder to do than what the Suns are running. Kanter/Favors don't really have enough skills to be the focal point of the offense and still struggle to play together. That is legitimately a tough coaching point that Corbin has failed, but I'm not convinced Jeff could have done it either.

You talk about how young the jazz are ....... shouldnt thier style of play be obvious? With the youth of the team combined with the altitude they should run more than any team in the league.

Where are the jazz ranked in pace of play? (like 29th iirc)

Ty is dumb. That is all

Last edited:

Plumlee and PJ Tucker have been surprises for Phoenix

This is the point.
Kanter and favors should be better than morris twins and frye.
Burks and hayward should be better than tucker and green.
Marvin should be better than plumlee.

None of that is the case though. Maybe cause of coaching?

Also bledsoe missed the majority of the year.

imo
Dragic > burke
Hayward > green
Jefferson = tucker
Frye > marvin (barely)
Favors > plumlee

Barbosa > garrett
burks > ish smith/goodwin/christmas
Kanter > morris twins/alex len.

Yet the suns have WAY more wins than the jazz

You could really argue though that Hornacek has made them play that much better.

This.
Pj tucker, plumlee, frye, green, barbosa, morrises, len, goodwin, ish smith, should be a bunch of garbage but they arent. Gotta give credit to hornacek.

Yes dragic is a stud. The rest of that team was supossed to be total crap though

I voted yes, I will still follow. I'm a die hard Jazz fan. I grew up in Portland as a Jazz fan which wasn't exactly easy. However, I will not follow them nearly as close as I normally do. I usually go to about 12-14 games a season with my wife, but if Corbin is brought back I will probably only go to 1 game. I can't spend my money on tickets, jerseys ect, on a team that brings back a coach that should have been fired last season. I will watch on TV and all, but my interest will go down for sure. I expect most people to do the same