What's new

Will you still follow the Jazz if Ty is re-signed?

Will you still follow the Jazz is Ty is re-signed?

• Yes

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters
I've been a Rams fan for 40 years so yes, I can handle Corbin coming back and will still "follow" the team. But there is probably a better chance of Lebron signing with the Jazz than there is of Corbin being re-signed.

This is the point.
Kanter and favors should be better than morris twins and frye.
Burks and hayward should be better than tucker and green.
Marvin should be better than plumlee.

None of that is the case though. Maybe cause of coaching?

Also bledsoe missed the majority of the year.

imo
Dragic > burke
Hayward > green
Jefferson = tucker
Frye > marvin (barely)
Favors > plumlee

Barbosa > garrett
burks > ish smith/goodwin/christmas
Kanter > morris twins/alex len.

Yet the suns have WAY more wins than the jazz

Bledsoe has played in 39 games thus far and will eclipse 41 games by the end of the season. He hasn't missed the majority of the year.

This.
Pj tucker, plumlee, frye, green, barbosa, morrises, len, goodwin, ish smith, should be a bunch of garbage but they arent. Gotta give credit to hornacek.

Yes dragic is a stud. The rest of that team was supossed to be total crap though

Um, Len and The Morris twins should be garbage? You know 1 was a top 5 pick and the other two are lottery picks (one of the twins might have been #15, not sure).

Gerald Green isn't a bunch of garbage. His stats are right in line with his NJ stats, the only other time a coach gave him playing time.

Frye has started 336 career games in the NBA and is a top 5 big man 3pt shooter. Not sure how he is garbage.

Also, Corbin has been starting a rookie at PG and playing him huge minutes. That is the hardest position for a young player to come in and get major minutes in right away. Jeff has young players, but he doesn't play any rookie or 2nd year guys rotation minutes (besides Plumlee, but he is 25 years old). The youngest players getting significant minutes are the Morris twins and Bledsoe, who are all 24 years old.

Compared to Utah, the top 5 minutes are to players who are 24, 22, 22, 21, and 21. If you let this team mature 3 years, they would be the same age as Phoenix's top young players. This team in 3 years > The Suns in 3 years, no matter who is coaching.

I'm going to be legit excited when Corbin is re-signed and has a half decent player to mold the game around. Give him one player who can impose his will on the opponent and Corbin will be a masterful game planner just as he was with that crappy team that went 36-30.

I'm going to be legit excited when Corbin is re-signed and has a half decent player to mold the game around. Give him one player who can impose his will on the opponent and Corbin will be a masterful game planner just as he was with that crappy team that went 36-30.

You mean the team anchored by Jefferson, Millsap, Hayward and Harris? I'm pretty sure Al WAS that player Corbin molded the game around. What made that team crappy at times was playing Raja Bell and Josh Howard 23+ mins and having them start so many games. Josh freakin' Howard: 39%/23%. Meanwhile Alec Burks at 43%/33% is languishing on the bench. And Raja Bell, with his "veteran" leadership and 6 pts. per game. It was clear after just a handful of games he was no longer the "3 and D" player he used to be.

Neg away, franklin, but you can't use the 36-30 season as a ringing endorsement for Corbin's coaching genius. It was an average season at best. But it likely saved Corbin's butt.

Bledsoe has played in 39 games thus far and will eclipse 41 games by the end of the season. He hasn't missed the majority of the year.

Thats alot of missed games doe

Um, Len and The Morris twins should be garbage? You know 1 was a top 5 pick and the other two are lottery picks (one of the twins might have been #15, not sure).

So you expected them to be studs or what.

I recall before for the season began that most experts beleived the suns would be one of the worst teams in the league. With bledsoe not even missing lots of games.

So you expected them to be studs or what.

I recall before for the season began that most experts beleived the suns would be one of the worst teams in the league. With bledsoe not even missing lots of games.

They were basically the consensus #2 in the Power Tankings during the pre-season.

Life is too short to spend 5 hours + every week watching a team play horrible basketball largely because of coaching.

Become a spurs fan. Then when they lose pop switch again. There are plenty of bandwagoners out there you won't be alone.

Jazz fan for life. Nothing will change that.

GO JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be really hard to watch more of what we have seen the past three years. I have to spend money to watch every game, not so sure I would continue to do so. At the end of the day I would still be a fan, but I could see my die hard dedication over the past thirty years really wane.

Last edited:
To me it's not to do with Ty personally, he is a good guy by all account, it's how the FO evaluates its personnel. It says a lot about what kind of organisation you are. Do you value personal relationship/loyalty/favors, or do you value winning first and foremost.

By keeping Ty, they're signalling to the fan base that they're not really serious about winning. They would rather keep a guy they like for years of mediocrity.

That way of doing thing is not fair to the players, not fair to the people on the ground doing the hard yards, and most of all not fair to the fans. All for the sake of being loyal to 1 person, that's too much a price to pay IMO.

I've mostly given up watching this year. His signing would likely end my interest in the team. Winning the lottery may cure that a bit but really getting Wiggins and keeping Ty seems like a lose. He'll just sit behind vets and not develop anyway.

I'm almost hoping they do bring him back so the, as of now, 17 @##$% will leave the forums. It would be sooo nice.
But then again, I would rather Ty leave. But it is a close call. Really close

Kind of want the Jazz to resign him just to get rid of certain half *** fans that post on here way too much.

Would be sad if they resigned him but I am preparing myself to look at the bright side.

So you are saying you care more about the half-assed fans than the welfare of the Jazz . . . some fan you are

Go away little girl