What's new

Woj: Don to the Cavs for Markkanen, Agbaji, Sexton, three unprotected 1sts, two swaps, and a partridge in a pear tree.

The best thing is these Knicks fans crying that Ainge didn’t give them one last chance to match or exceed Cleveland’s offer lmao. Like they didn’t have 2 months to do that instead of ****ing around and playing games.

Watching Fontecchio at Eurobasket. Easy NBA range. Looks like prime Joe Ingles shooting the ball.

Watch THT blow up this year when surrounded by shooters like Tech, Mark and Beasley. He is at his best attacking the hoop and if he gets in a little better shape he is going to be a bull to deal with because he is so strong.

The best thing is these Knicks fans crying that Ainge didn’t give them one last chance to match or exceed Cleveland’s offer lmao. Like they didn’t have 2 months to do that instead of ****ing around and playing games.
My guess is that when CLE re-engaged with our FO, they probably said, "we're willing to 'up' our previous offer under the condition that you don't just use it to get NYK to match/beat it. If you're willing to do that, then we'll put this offer on the table."

Perused the Cavs fans' messageboard. Was surprised by how bummed they were that Markkanen was in the deal. Seems like that's their biggest gripe as far as personnel they gave up. The next biggest bummer was Agbaji. No one seemed sad to see Sexton gone.
I kind of wonder if Sexton was an actual target. . . or was more of a means to an end. For instance, the Warriors worked out a S&T with the Nets for D’Angelo Russell - even though he was a terrible fit for them. Less than a year later, they flipped him for Wiggins who has been great for them. I wonder if Sexton was the best asset the Jazz could get and they’ll move him to a different team for a better player later?

I kind of wonder if Sexton was an actual target. . . or was more of a means to an end. For instance, the Warriors worked out a S&T with the Nets for D’Angelo Russell - even though he was a terrible fit for them. Less than a year later, they flipped him for Wiggins who has been great for them. I wonder if Sexton was the best asset the Jazz could get and they’ll move him to a different team for a better player later?
I think this is definitely something the Jazz factored in when making this deal. Not a ton of downside here, but there's some scenarios where it pays off big-time.

i really don't think they are as upset as this board makes you think. i don't think realgm or SAS is a proper barometer for real fans.

Kinda of surprised that Mitchell hasn’t released some sort of statement thanking the organization. Maybe he doesn’t want to after Hayward’s “Thank You Utah,“ or maybe his opinion of our fine state has become that low
Or he knows that too many of us know the **** he's been pulling since 2020.

lol well that had to after seeing what Ainge was asking. They couldn't sell Durant for less without being called fools. Lets see if this market stays or if it returns to reality.
The current market is the one we are discussing no? And really the only one that matters right now.

He looks like he is in the best shape of his life in that video. I don't ever remember him looking that strong and athletic. 20 and 10 may be a real possibility this year if he is given 35 minutes a game.
Keep in mind he is playing against Israel

We don’t have to trade off every asset we have for picks. Sexton on 4/72M is going to be one of the best contracts in the entire league very shortly.

We don’t have to trade off every asset we have for picks. Sexton on 4/72M is going to be one of the best contracts in the entire league very shortly.
Yeah, but have you done the math on how many draft picks we could get if we traded literally every player on our roster? It’s substantial.