What's new

Woj: Jazz agree to 3-team trade with Lakers and Timberwolves

This one and KO. Feel like we weren't clear winners. I guess the sales pitch is 1 pick, revs the tank and puts the fakers ahead of the pups.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JazzFanz mobile app
Coulda done ALL that and more at the beginning of the season if the return didn’t actually matter. Conley, Bogey and Clarkson matched up pretty damn well with Westbrook’s expiring and THT.

Just bite the bullet early on and tank like everyone expected. Sexton, Beasley, Markkanen, Vando and Kessler starting with NAW, THT, Agbaji, Fontecchio, Gay, Bolmaro Azibuike and whoever you got back for Beverley on the bench unit.

I get why they made the trade, and I don’t actually hate it (except for the pick protections) but it feels like a half measure. Especially because I think we could’ve just done something at the beginning of the season and then still used Beasley/Vando to cut another deal at the deadline. I’m sure there would’ve been something that could’ve been worked out if we weren’t getting an unprotected pick.

The Lakers should have coughed up more. They sent out a protected pick for a bunch of shot that nobody lands for one pick, while also salary dumping a cancer. Given that there’s potential that we dealt our assets for a second round pick, there’s no way on earth we should have included second round picks. And to think we wouldn’t have had to have a net second round pick loss had we not treated Beverley and Bojan like a trip to DI.

A better strategy would have been to say that if the Lakers pick is 1-4, we get the rights to swap with our next favorable pick that year. If they don’t go for that, say we get rights to swap two first rounders that year for the pick. Basically give us some options to retain the pick if it’s 1-4.

Overall this is a net positive. I just think there were so many other angles we could have explored at different times (particularly this summer).

We got screwed on that trade why the **** would we give wolves 3 second rounders we got rid of 3 fairly good players and receive 2 very average back and Westbrook who won’t play a single minute all for a protected 1st DA has lost the plot

I’d like to see us swing this pick somewhere for value and have it convert to a second rounder in the end. Of course, that would mean the Lakers get a top 4 pick, so it’s kinda bit-sweet. But it also would mean they got that because they suck.

How did we get such a high grade? Anyone got a summary or the gist of his argument?

We traded an old point guard who’s due 24.3M in salary next year and two bench players for an expiring contract and a top-4 protected 2027 first from a team that is expected to be terrible around that time.

We traded an old point guard who’s due 24.3M in salary next year and two bench players for an expiring contract and a top-4 protected 2027 first from a team that is expected to be terrible around that time.
Yeah but it's top 4 protected.. so it's highly likely they'll get the pick anyway?

Big middle finger to Conley on the way out, huh? He wanted to stay with the Jazz. And if traded, go to a contender. Clippers were his top choice. Instead it’s off to ****ing Minnesota for Mike. And for nothing really.

I’m honestly feeling like I’d rather we just spread the dudes around and got a bunch of seconds and maybe a couple project players or whatever. The pick that conveys a couple of leap years from now, that was so coveted because it would be low, is protected, so loses basically all of its value. Awful locker rooms vibe trade too.

Bleh, just can’t get myself excited about this at all. Hope the lotto balls bless us.

Yeah but it's top 4 protected.. so it's highly likely they'll get the pick anyway?

No way. The odds are way more in our favor for it to convey. It just slightly takes the upside off of it. At absolute worst case scenario they have a 52.1% chance of keeping the pick which means they ended up with a top-3 worse record that year.

3 players who have been having a good year. On friendly deals. +1 guy who's been good when given minutes. Also, losing 2nd rounds picks. Not a good trade. It's meh at best.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Big middle finger to Conley on the way out, huh? He wanted to stay with the Jazz. And if traded, go to a contender. Clippers were his top choice. Instead it’s off to ****ing Minnesota for Mike. And for nothing really.

I’m honestly feeling like I’d rather we just spread the dudes around and got a bunch of seconds and maybe a couple project players or whatever. The pick that conveys a couple of leap years from now, that was so coveted because it would be low, is protected, so loses basically all of its value. Awful locker rooms vibe trade too.

Bleh, just can’t get myself excited about this at all. Hope the lotto balls bless us.
I mean, Minnesota is a great opportunity for him. It's hardly a middle finger. I think Minnesota is a much better on court fit for Conley than the Clippers. Clippers just play iso ball.

I mean, Minnesota is a great opportunity for him. It's hardly a middle finger. I think Minnesota is a much better on court fit for Conley than the Clippers. Clippers just play iso ball.

Minnesota is also better for him immediately this year than staying on the team would be.