What's new

Woj: Jazz agree to 3-team trade with Lakers and Timberwolves

It's going to be hilarious if the Lakers finish the season 18-9 and end up with 41 wins, missing the playoffs. Hopefully, the Twolves and Lakers will play one another in the 9 v. 10 play-in game.

No way. The odds are way more in our favor for it to convey. It just slightly takes the upside off of it. At absolute worst case scenario they have a 52.1% chance of keeping the pick which means they ended up with a top-3 worse record that year.
You basically have to pray that the Lakers isn't going to be really good or really bad in 2027 but then it's just a mid pick that's very much like the one that Knicks just gave Portland in the Hart deal.

I mean Knicks isn't gonna become a contender all of a sudden so worst case scenario Portland gets a pick in the late teens/early 20s or 4 second rounders in case Knicks fall into the lottery. The Lakers could become a contender by 2027, however, so the floor of the Lakers pick is only a pick in the late 20s or just one second rounder in case they get into the top 4.

I’ve been thinking about how this all went down. In the summer, we traded Royce for the Nets/76ers pick, then Gobert for the Wolves haul, and then Don for a semi haul plus Sexton and Markkanen.

It feels like Danny has been struggling to find a winning deal since then. I honestly thought that we could get more for Beverley and Bogey when those trades went down, and now this. I’d be happy with this if they had a pick swap this year and without the protections on the ‘27 pick, but that’s not even close to what the Jazz got.

I’ve been thinking about how this all went down. In the summer, we traded Royce for the Nets/76ers pick, then Gobert for the Wolves haul, and then Don for a semi haul plus Sexton and Markkanen.

It feels like Danny has been struggling to find a winning deal since then. I honestly thought that we could get more for Beverley and Bogey when those trades went down, and now this. I’d be happy with this if they had a pick swap this year and without the protections on the ‘27 pick, but that’s not even close to what the Jazz got.

It feels like we could have traded conley for a 2nd, naw for a 2nd, vando for a 2nd, and beasley for a 2nd in seperate trades and not helped the lakers get off westbrook and kept the 3 second rounders we gave up and i would be happier. Happier, but still not happy lol.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

It feels like we could have traded conley for a 2nd, naw for a 2nd, vando for a 2nd, and beasley for a 2nd in seperate trades and not helped the lakers get off westbrook and kept the 3 second rounders we gave up and i would be happier. Happier, but still not happy lol.

Feels like it would’ve been better to trade Conley, Bogey and Gay to the Lakers for Westbrook, a pick swap and a couple of seconds. Coulda rolled with Sexton, NAW, Clarkson, Agbaji, Beasley, Markkanen, Vando, Kessler and anyone else who stood a legitimate chance to be a part of this team’s future and seen where that put us. Definitely would’ve learned what we needed to about all of the young guys and probably improved our odds getting a top 5 pick in the draft.

So in all we traded 4 players and 3 x 2nd rounders for 3 players and 1 will be a buyout in Westbrook for a 1x protected 1st rounder from lakers how do we know they will suck in 2027 they always sign the big free agents and remain competitive this is worse trade than the bogey trade and can’t believe we got nothing back from Minnesota

Feels like it would’ve been better to trade Conley, Bogey and Gay to the Lakers for Westbrook, a pick swap and a couple of seconds. Coulda rolled with Sexton, NAW, Clarkson, Agbaji, Beasley, Markkanen, Vando, Kessler and anyone else who stood a legitimate chance to be a part of this team’s future and seen where that put us. Definitely would’ve learned what we needed to about all of the young guys and probably improved our odds getting a top 5 pick in the draft.

Ya that too. You could probably come up with a bunch of things we could have done that i would like better

So in all we traded 3 players and 3 x 2nd rounders for 3 players and 1 will be a buyout in Westbrook for a 1x protected 1st rounder from lakers how do we know they will suck in 2027 they always sign the big free agents and remain competitive this is worse trade than the bogey trade

We traded 4 players.

You guys are acting like we traded the farm. We traded a starter and two bench players. What the **** do you expect?

The protections on the pick really killed it for me. There are few things I enjoy more than rooting for the Lakers to lose, but now in 2027 I have to hope they lose but don’t lose too much…
Basically if the Lakers become too bad we lose. If they become too good we lose. We need them to stay in the middle of the pact then it should really tells you a thing or two about the value of this Lakers pick