What's new

Woj: Jazz agree to 3-team trade with Lakers and Timberwolves

So it seems like LA wants Russell and Minny probably is ok with exchanging Russ for Conley if they are able to get something out of it?

So insert Utah. Maybe Minny is asking for the Brooklyn/Philly 23 pick.

Utah is probably into it if they can both unprotected Lakers picks, but LA is being stubborn.

Utah is engaged with someone else on Conley and they are using that as a threat to nix the deal.

So it seems like LA wants Russell and Minny probably is ok with exchanging Russ for Conley if they are able to get something out of it?

Utah is probably into it if they can both unprotected Lakers picks, but LA is being stubborn.

Utah is engaged with someone else on Conley and they are using that as a threat to nix the deal.
Yup, this seems right to me, Cy.

Also, I know this is a crazy/unpopular take. But the Jazz should just finish out the season with Russ. He'll take us to heaven or hell, and both are just fine.
Wut??? He's the classic floor raiser and would take time away from the guys that will be here... heaven in this case is what? The play-in?

Overthinking it. Cut him and walk away. Give time to Sexton and NAW and if they take us to Heaven they actually might stay and do it again.

Or twitter busted lol.... this is agonizing.

Wut??? He's the classic floor raiser and would take time away from the guys that will be here... heaven in this case is what? The play-in?

Overthinking it. Cut him and walk away. Give time to Sexton and NAW and if they take us to Heaven they actually might stay and do it again.

Heaven or Hell....it's eye of the beholder which is which in the situation the Jazz are in. Some people think a play in is heaven, others think it is the hell.

I've been adamant that I don't give a **** about the floor raising Mike Conley does (or doesn't do) and I don't really believe in the veteran presence stuff as much as others. But I don't have a disdain for RWB like others do, and against my better judgement I'm willing to put aside the bigger picture to be entertained by this RWB roller coaster, whatever that entails.

Heaven or Hell....it's eye of the beholder which is which in the situation the Jazz are in. Some people think a play in is heaven, others think it is the hell.

I've been adamant that I don't give a **** about the floor raising Mike Conley does (or doesn't do) and I don't really believe in the veteran presence stuff as much as others. But I don't have a disdain for RWB like others do, and against my better judgement I'm willing to put aside the bigger picture to be entertained by this RWB roller coaster, whatever that entails.
Yeah this is stupid... sorry bud.

If we give up any picks for a package that gets us Russ as a buy out and the 2 Lakers picks I still see that as a fail. We would need another young piece at least for us to even consider being a team giving draft compensation in this deal.

I don’t know what you are saying but there is zero chance Westbrook even gets on a plane to Utah let alone play a single minute for us nor should we even consider it.

so much bs in these rumors. I dont buy there has been any real discussion that appeals to Danny the Master, regarding making a team in Min that he own the unprotected pick from better, or eating the deal of a massively overpaid, has been, head case, just for a future first.
No if anything the discussions have only taken place so he could start fielding real offers from other teams with better assets for Beasley JC etc.
If we do any deal with the Lakers, only getting 1 pick, while losing one or 2 good vets, and eating an expiring you have to buy out -seems unlike Danny

It's offset by making the Jazz worse in the short term.
I get that in theory, but lately the Jazz have been doing just fine on their own making themselves worse in the short term regardless of who's on the court.

Yeah this is stupid... sorry bud.

It is stupid....but it's actually not too dissimilar from those who wanted to cling onto Conley. The best move forward for the franchise is probably to waive him, just as I said the Jazz were better off without Conley at all. But it's not like getting these old PG's out the door is super critical anyways. If Conley was on a one year deal right now, would we be so adamant about waiving him? I guess I don't really see a difference in the two as far as what it means for the franchise. The difference for me personally, is that WB would be a million times more fun....well maybe not fun but interesting to watch for the remaining games.

And as we all know, the most important thing is to prevent Sexton from getting a crack cocaine dose of being the starter :p

It is stupid....but it's actually not too dissimilar from those who wanted to cling onto Conley. The best move forward for the franchise is probably to waive him, just as I said the Jazz were better off without Conley at all. But it's not like getting these old PG's out the door is super critical anyways. If Conley was on a one year deal right now, would we be so adamant about waiving him? I guess I don't really see a difference in the two as far as what it means for the franchise. The difference for me personally, is that WB would be a million times more fun....well maybe not fun but interesting to watch for the remaining games.

And as we all know, the most important thing is to prevent Sexton from getting a crack cocaine dose of being the starter :p
Yeah... we are likely trading Mike for value... and he did help the young guys. Waiving Russ stops a sideshow and if he was effing awesome he wouldn't stay anyway. Its really not the same.

If we give up any picks for a package that gets us Russ as a buy out and the 2 Lakers picks I still see that as a fail. We would need another young piece at least for us to even consider being a team giving draft compensation in this deal.
Yep. We definitely should not be giving up a 1st in any scenario.

Yeah... we are likely trading Mike for value... and he did help the young guys. Waiving Russ stops a sideshow and if he was effing awesome he wouldn't stay anyway. Its really not the same.

I'm talking about the decision to keep Mike versus keeping WB. If the money was the same, meaning Mike did not have an additional year, it would be a very similar value proposition in terms of what you gain/lose by waiving or keeping them.

Ask yourself this, if Mike Conley did have a one year contract and no additional years and we did not trade him....should we waive him on the spot?

Conley's one of the best locker room and culture guys in the entire league, a great mentor for the young guy's. Westbrook is the polar opposite, and would most likely be toxic in the locker room. I don't blame the Jazz for not wanting Westbrook anywhere near this team.

Yep. We definitely should not be giving up a 1st in any scenario.
No I am pretty certain there are plenty of scenarios Danny would give up the first in the late 20's . This Westbrick Dlo proposal is trash though, and has no chance of that being the case.