What's new

Would you Flip Conley for Paul this Off-Season?

Would You Trade Conley for Paul

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wow, very interesting post that has nothing to do with what is being questioned.

you didn't really expect that clown to give even a quasi intelligent answer ?? I think Conley must have had a gangbang with his Mum, girlfriend and sister all at one time and sent him the video

As much as I can't stand CP3...he has the qualities that the team needs which Conley does not possess. Vocal leadership and toughness. We probably still won't be a championship caliber team because we have too many defensive problems that one person cannot solve, be we would definitely be a 5-10 wins better in the regular season and possibly could make it beyond the 2nd round.

As much as I can't stand CP3...he has the qualities that the team needs which Conley does not possess. Vocal leadership and toughness. We probably still won't be a championship caliber team because we have too many defensive problems that one person cannot solve, be we would definitely be a 5-10 wins better in the regular season and possibly could make it beyond the 2nd round.
This is probably true but his whining seems to be as contagious. I am not sure how real his toughness is. As Doncic said, everyone is tough when they are up.

I’d probably pass… I think this iteration of the Jazz is almost as cooked as CP. I do think CP would help our guys on court and in being competitive but I think it’s a Hail Mary and giving up any firsts that might actually convey would hurt the inevitable rebuild in pretty terrible ways.

I wonder what happens with Ayton… I’m going to go ahead and say he’s moved this offseason.

I'd obviously do it straight up, CP3 has just been a better player for too long and it's not my money. But I don't think I could justify paying more than like a second or two in value along with it. There's just a huge risk with each of them that this was their last meaningful season.

Yes, and my reasoning would be as follows:

1. This locker room (and coaching staff) is in desperate need of an ******* who will get on everyone and demand focus, even if he’s not being effective with it at all times.

2. I believe he’ll give you a better defensive presence.

3. Who are the people who can put Donovan in his place and emphasize what’s good and to keep doing, and what’s not and to stop? And who does that enough that Donovan would look up to them and respect them in some regard?

In a sense, CP3 would be filling a huge vacuum of responsibilities that are otherwise Quin’s. He’d essentially carry Quin’s load. ******** decision making down the stretch that Quin tolerates? CP won’t tolerate that.
Patrick Beverley was brutal today in his assessment of Chris Paul during First Take and Get Up with Steven A Smith. Calls him a traffic cone on defense. Says every one in the league has CP figured out and no one fears him. Said Minnesota wanted a first round match up with Phoenix. Just brutal.

Last edited:
Patrick Beverly was brutal today in his assessment of Chris Paul during Fist Take and Wake up with Steven A Smith. Calls him a traffic cone on defense. Says every one in the league has CP figured out and no one fears him. Said Minnesota wanted a first round match up with Phoenix. Just brutal.
The first thing I would say is that this is relative to Conley. The second thing I’d say is that this is a guy who doesn’t forget things (to the point of telling his former teammates to go TF home after eliminating them from the play in [when they weren’t the ones who traded him]) and he was previously traded for CP3.

This is really a question of which guy is easier to trade/which guy could you get the most for. Either guy cripples you - so it's all about trade value.

My gut says that is Paul - so probably Paul. If I were forced to keep the guy for the duration of the contract, I probably stick with Conley since Paul is significantly older, makes more money and has more years left on his deal. $30MM for that dude when he's 40? ouch.

Such a stupid conversation. Conley needs to be dumped for nothing so we can give the keys to Butler and let him turn into Jalen Brunson.

This is really a question of which guy is easier to trade/which guy could you get the most for. Either guy cripples you - so it's all about trade value.

My gut says that is Paul - so probably Paul. If I were forced to keep the guy for the duration of the contract, I probably stick with Conley since Paul is significantly older, makes more money and has more years left on his deal. $30MM for that dude when he's 40? ouch.
I mean we are stuck with Conley for 2 more seasons anyways so it's not like we have anything to lose. We ain't gonna get anywhere close to contention with Conley. Neither can we get any meaningful rebuilding piece for him. Trading him for CP3 now might not help the case anymore but it certainly won't make it much worse than it already is. We'd dump Conley's 2yr garbage deal for a bag of chips right now if we can but sadly it's just not possible

If the question is simply between Paul and Conley then Paul is the obvious answer. Far better even at this point in their careers. Likely to continue to be better.

But really the answer is neither. We need to do better this off-season.

The real question is would you flip Rudy for Ayton?

I'm kind of kidding because we can't receive a player in a sign and trade unless we drop and stay below the salary apron. But if they worked around it I wonder what team says no.

The real question is would you flip Rudy for Ayton?

I'm kind of kidding because we can't receive a player in a sign and trade unless we drop and stay below the salary apron. But if they worked around it I wonder what team says no.
Both fanbases would hate this trade for multiple reasons until the trade happens then both fanbases would love the trade and try to justify it.