What's new

Would you Flip Conley for Paul this Off-Season?

Would You Trade Conley for Paul

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Paul is smart, so age doesn't scare me as much with him. He is better than Conley, but makes more for longer. We'd have to give up more than Conley to do this hypothetical, and I don't think the Suns do it anyway.

Also, he is a whiny dick puncher...

As opposed to pairing Mitchell with Mike and Royce which is a disaster defensively. I that that those aren’t our only two options, though.
Its a little troubling that the Suns model didn't work. They are basically better than us at every position other than center.

I would be fine with a straight swap but I am very much opposed to trading any picks right now.

Its a little troubling that the Suns model didn't work. They are basically better than us at every position other than center.

I would be fine with a straight swap but I am very much opposed to trading any picks right now.
I’ll qualify this by saying I didn’t really watch their series, but this is an example of where small sample sizes can be prone to outliers. This is true, but also kinda the glue Quin sniffs thinking that his three-years-in-a-row isn’t a large enough sample.

As opposed to pairing Mitchell with Mike and Royce which is a disaster defensively. I that that those aren’t our only two options, though.
Conley isn't a defensive liability yet, holds his own well. Just doesn't impact it beyond his own position. He doesn't need to be hidden. He isn't solving anything but he isn't necessarily the problem.

The thread continues to say CP3 covered the least distance among 54 guards that qualified. The lengths Suns go to hide him, Jazz try to do for Mitchell. Suns just do a better job because they have Mikal, Crowder, Ayton who are plus defensively and Booker doesn't hide and takes on tough assignments.

I am firmly in the blow it all up camp.

I’ll qualify this by saying I didn’t really watch their series, but this is an example of where small sample sizes can be prone to outliers. This is true, but also kinda the glue Quin sniffs thinking that his three-years-in-a-row isn’t a large enough sample.
It is and they ended up with CP hurt (secretly) but the rest of the roster was pretty healthy. The Ayton contract stuff likely crept into his performance. I just think 5 out with credible defenders around a super creator is hard to beat. If Ayton can't make them pay inside I am not sure who except Giannis can. The defenders we have on the wings aren't anything close to what Phoenix has... and Book is better than Donovan imo.

CP won't last forever and I wouldn't bet a first that he can make it through a playoff run without picking up an injury that hampers his effectiveness.

Then there are the Celtics who neutered Giannis and the Bucks super sized lineups. If Milwaukee has Middleton it may be a different story.

I just think the roster cornerstones in Donovan and Rudy aren't the guys that win at the highest of high levels. Replace Horford with Rudy on the Celtics and they are likely better in the playoffs... I think... but the fact that its close is troubling.

Flipping Conley for CP won't change the main issues with this roster.

Wings are too low skilled imo. Also they had no good 3rd guard option to make up for Paul. I think the Jazz and Suns might benefit from swapping Johnson and Clarkson.

Booker is like Mitchell (but better). He's very good, but not a guy who I expect can carry a team for multiple playoff series because he lacks the ability to completely dominate a game on multiple levels.

Also Suns didn't shoot enough 3s. That was kind of their strength in a weird way, it gave them an uncanny ability to dominate close games with his dangerous they were from any spot on the court, but when they call down by a lot it makes deficits harder to make up.

Wings are too low skilled imo. Also they had no good 3rd guard option to make up for Paul. I think the Jazz and Suns might benefit from swapping Johnson and Clarkson.

Booker is like Mitchell (but better). He's very good, but not a guy who I expect can carry a team for multiple playoff series because he lacks the ability to completely dominate a game on multiple levels.

Also Suns didn't shoot enough 3s. That was kind of their strength in a weird way, it gave them an uncanny ability to dominate close games with his dangerous they were from any spot on the court, but when they call down by a lot it makes deficits harder to make up.
That is a really interesting trade right thurrrr.... I can see the Suns having some interest in part to limit salary while addressing a need. I think they would make you eat Shamet's deal. Cam likely gets a decent sized extension... 12-15M range. You might get away with eating Cam Payne or Dario's deal instead but I think you'd need to add something in that case.

Also we mock the Jazz for doing dumb contract stuff... the Suns giving Shamet 4 years and 46M before they needed to while playing hard ball on Ayton... and knowing you need to pay Johnson soon is really bad.

Shamet is an okay player but I'm not sure how he got so wildly over-rated.

View: https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1526196256145657856

At the end JJ suggest the Suns should have gone after Eric Gordon or a Jordan Clarkson type.

Chris Paul, even at his age is still the best playmaker in the league.

Go out and get LeBron too with a package around Mitchell.

CP3, LeBron, Gobert will get us a ring. Jared Butler getting to be mentored by Paul and LeBron (and Conley this current ending season) also sounds like it could pay off for us in the future. He'd also get a ton of burn for times we rest Chris.

Chris Paul, even at his age is still the best playmaker in the league.

Go out and get LeBron too with a package around Mitchell.

CP3, LeBron, Gobert will get us a ring. Jared Butler getting to be mentored by Paul and LeBron (and Conley this current ending season) also sounds like it could pay off for us in the future. He'd also get a ton of burn for times we rest Chris.
That team doesn't even sniff a ring.