What's new

Would you trade Gobert for #1 Draft Pick?

After the season he's had, the Jazz will never get an offer like that.

I might trade him for Jacob Poetl right now.

I might also regret typing that when I read it in the morning.

I regret reading it and I don't even have to wait until morning.

If I were GM'ing the jazz, I would trade rudy for steph curry. I would be a way better GM than lindsey

This is ridiculous. He had 12 points 20 rebounds and 6 blocks last night. He is averaging a double double on the season and 2.5 blocks. So after a season where he has been super consistent, you would trade him for a player with less upside?

This is ridiculous. He had 12 points 20 rebounds and 6 blocks last night. He is averaging a double double on the season and 2.5 blocks. So after a season where he has been super consistent, you would trade him for a player with less upside?

Ben Simmon's ceiling is Kevin Durant, and the league going toward versatile big who can switch, pass and guard on the perimeter. One dimensional bigs like Gobert who has virtually NO offensive game has rapidly depreciating value in the changing league

How did that game turn out for the Jazz? Or the season? Im not saying he's a bum, I'm just not as bullish on Gobert as I once was. His offense limitations will handicap his team every time. And I'm not sure how favors and Gobert play together and win a high percentage of games.

Increasingly it appears the Jazz are going nowhere with this rebuild. If a team calls offering a top 5 pick for Gobert or Hayward the Jazz probably ought to listen.

People forget about the synergies that come with other players. Once Exum is back, Gobert will appear to become amazing again as Exum will actually be able to stay in front of his man and disrupt passes (particularly on the pick and roll), thus optimizing the defensive skills of Gobert. Then, and probably only then, will people finally acknowledge the greatness of Dante.

LMao at thosenwho say NO, Homerism at its finest... Gobert isn't even an all star but you wouldn't trade for the number one pick. SMH

You do know that being an all star is virtually worthless when talking about the value of a player? Right. The all star system is broken, and relying on that to assess his value is ****ing stupid.

How did that game turn out for the Jazz? Or the season? Im not saying he's a bum, I'm just not as bullish on Gobert as I once was. His offense limitations will handicap his team every time. And I'm not sure how favors and Gobert play together and win a high percentage of games.

Increasingly it appears the Jazz are going nowhere with this rebuild. If a team calls offering a top 5 pick for Gobert or Hayward the Jazz probably ought to listen.

I've said all along I thought Gobert was over valued on this board. I like him, And I think he's a good player. Favors is better and I'm not sure those 2 can continue to improve that much while on the floor together. Put a big who can shoot around Favors and the Jazz offense immediately improves a ton. Do the same thing with Gobert and you have no inside offensive presence. Thereby making your offense a jump shooting offense with Gobert hopefully getting some offensive rebounds. On defense it's becoming more and more apparent how important Dante was. Those floaters guys are hitting over Gobert all game every game are a lot more difficult with Exum trailing than they are with the guys we have now.

You do know that being an all star is virtually worthless when talking about the value of a player? Right. The all star system is broken, and relying on that to assess his value is ****ing stupid.

Broken? Only the starters are voted in and the fans usually vote in guys who would make the team anyway. Kobe was the only byproduct of a "broken" system this year.