What's new

Would you trade ...

A team with Gobert, Gordon and Mitchell could maybe attract a decent FA as well, on a three-year deal that ends when it's time to max Mitchell. That said, Porter is likely going to be a better shooter than Gordon and could just as likely help attract a good FA.

Why is it likely Porter is going to be a better shooter? Gordon is a 40% 3pt shooter. The dude lights it up. It's not a fluke.

Why is it likely Porter is going to be a better shooter? Gordon is a 40% 3pt shooter. The dude lights it up. It's not a fluke.

Gordon shooting 40% from 3-pt range is a 10-point improvement over his career average. It's impressive, but I'm not sure it's sustainable. If he keeps it up, then maybe... I still remember him coming into the league as a 50% FT shooter. I guess those days are long gone

Gordon shooting 40% from 3-pt range is a 10-point improvement over his career average. It's impressive, but I'm not sure it's sustainable. If he keeps it up, then maybe... I still remember him coming into the league as a 50% FT shooter. I guess those days are long gone
He just had a 39 point game on 5/11 from deep. And this is in his 4th year, the year were most guys usually struggle taking over as the #1 option. He should take another pretty big jump next year like most dudes his age in their 5th year.

I’d favor getting Aaron Gordon over pretty much any other realistic target right now, but Saric or Mirotic would both be pretty damn good acquisitions.

Jazz need to do something at the deadline. Time to start adding quality assets to build around Mitchell. They absolutely must keep Thabo Sefalosha though. He’s the top wing defender on the team and will be CRITICAL in the playoffs.

Is there any team that wants Burks?

Favors and JoeJ are all but gone. Rubio is better staying than dumping for nothing. Does Burks have trade value?

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Is there any team that wants Burks?

Favors and JoeJ are all but gone. Rubio is better staying than dumping for nothing. Does Burks have trade value?

There might be some team that thinks they can get good Burks most of the time - which means that his contract is a bargain. I wouldn’t move him without getting a significant asset back because his and Rubio’s combined $25+ million in expiring contracts next year could be critical in chasing another star if an opportunity this trade deadline/offseason doesn’t present itself.

This is the offseason to try to add a third star player first, and then future draft picks if nothing opens up. Stockpile assets for a big move next offseason or at the trade deadline. Jazz have $25+ million in expiring contracts this year and next. There’s some room to chase a star if they can build an asset portfolio quickly.

I know it seems highly unlikely, but stick with me a bit. We could go all in for Kuzma. All in.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7j4ulmx
Favors, JoeJ, Bradley, and our unprotected 2018 1st
for
Kuzma, Deng, and T Bryant

Why for Lakers: Kuzma looks promising, but he is still only a couple of months into his rookie year. Its not like he has proven to be a superstar or make his team a winner. Our first is an asset, Bradley is an asset at a position of need for them, and dumping Deng is worth at least 1 first rounder because clearing his salary means they can sign 2 superstars this summer. So they lose Kuzma for pretty much what equates to 3 or 4 first rounders.

Why for us: we build a future around Mitchell, Kuzma and Gobert. We could still keep Exum and Hood if we want. By the time Kuzma and DM need new deals, Deng is gone.

Go big. Go all in.

I’d love to see the Jazz make a big trade for a guy like Kuzma, but the Lakers aren’t going to move him. Best we can hope for (IMO) is that the Magic don’t want to commit long term to Aaron Gordon and a big offer can pry him away.

Last edited:
The Lakers said they wont use an asset to dump Deng. However, we could offer them assets AND take Deng in order to get what we want.

Deng and Kuzma for expirings is not enough for the Lakers. Deng and Kuzma for expirings, a good first and a young player like Bradley has to be tempting especially since they have been losing like they have.

I think I would do it 100%. It'd be nice to take advantage of Mitchell being super cheap for the next 3 years by having two studs like Gobert/Gordon maxed out next to him. The Jazz might be legitimate contenders if they got Gordon. Gordon is essentially the perfect fit at PF next to Gobert.

I always loved Gordon but remember him not being “stretchy.”
Has that changed? I think the perfect fit next to gobert needs to be a good to great shooter from 3.
If Gordon can shoot high volume and high efficiency from 3 then by all means, I would do a trade like you proposed and more.

Orlando is not trading Gordon, that's just silly. You have to look at the current field in the 22-24 age range and figure out who is primed to make a jump like Gordon did. That's exactly what Denver did with the Lyles trade, and he did make a jump this year at 19 PER shooting 46% from 3. It of course, worked out even better for us.

I always loved Gordon but remember him not being “stretchy.”
Has that changed? I think the perfect fit next to gobert needs to be a good to great shooter from 3.
If Gordon can shoot high volume and high efficiency from 3 then by all means, I would do a trade like you proposed and more.
Yeah, it's changed a lot.