What's new

Would you want the Jazz to draft Bronny to have Lebron in his last season?

Would you want the Jazz to draft Bronny to have Lebron's last season?

• Yes

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • No

Votes: 47 70.1%

• Total voters
By telling teams he doesn't want to go there and won't play for them.
Why do you think more players don't do that?
Like if I were wemby instead of going to one of the worst teams in the league I would just tell them all no and let OKC draft me.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Like if I were wemby instead of going to one of the worst teams in the league I would just tell them all no and let OKC draft me.

It probably happens more than we hear about it, but there are examples like Kobe saying he would go play in Italy if certain teams drafted him. I'm guessing more often it's more subtle like tanking a work out.

Most guys just want to get in to the NBA and I'm sure they are just excited to have their dreams come true by any team. There are also incentives to get picked higher.

Bronny getting picked by a team way earlier than he should get drafted, just so that the team can get LeBron James would be an incredibly unique situation. I'm sure when LeBron made those comments he wasn't thinking about having Bronny and himself play for the Jazz. Ultimately there isn't much they can do to guarantee that the Jazz don't draft Bronny, but it would likely be a simple as LeBron saying he won't sign for the Jazz even if they pick Bronny.

As a draft pick, you don't really get the choice in the same way. Lebron can easily say that he'll go to wherever Bronny is picked, unless it's somewhere he won't go.
And no one will waste a high pick on Bronny if they don't think the old man is coming too.

IMO LeBron following his kid into some club is just a fantasy that should never have been taken even halfway seriously. Bron likes to say stuff.

He also knows that a scenario like that would turn Bronny into a league wide laughing stock, a sideshow for his dad, and there's no need for that stuff, not after he pretty much died on the court.

IMO LeBron following his kid into some club is just a fantasy that should never have been taken even halfway seriously. Bron likes to say stuff.

He also knows that a scenario like that would turn Bronny into a league wide laughing stock, a sideshow for his dad, and there's no need for that stuff, not after he pretty much died on the court.
All signs point to Lebron being a good dad. I think they will do what's best for Bronny, which right now I think would be to encourage him to stay at USC for another year.

It probably happens more than we hear about it, but there are examples like Kobe saying he would go play in Italy if certain teams drafted him. I'm guessing more often it's more subtle like tanking a work out.

Most guys just want to get in to the NBA and I'm sure they are just excited to have their dreams come true by any team. There are also incentives to get picked higher.

Bronny getting picked by a team way earlier than he should get drafted, just so that the team can get LeBron James would be an incredibly unique situation. I'm sure when LeBron made those comments he wasn't thinking about having Bronny and himself play for the Jazz. Ultimately there isn't much they can do to guarantee that the Jazz don't draft Bronny, but it would likely be a simple as LeBron saying he won't sign for the Jazz even if they pick Bronny.
It's how far your agent is willing to go for you.

Most agents probably don't want to have antagonist relationships with teams that would result in "my client will refuse to come here if you draft them".

But if you're a mega star that your agent is willing to do that for, it can happen, especially if you're going to a major market where the financial payoff is worth it.

No one is trying to do that for OKC. And most players want to be on bad teams so they can play more. Look at recent high lotto picks who happened to go to great teams. Wiseman in Golden State? It seems to rarely work.

Bronny wouldn't even be a real prospect if his last name wasn't James.
I caught a bit of the USC game the other night. He can barely dribble and has zero burst to get past his man.
He will likely be a 6'2" 3&D player off the bench if he makes it in the NBA.

Even if the Jazz drafted him does anyone actually think Lebron would come to Utah to finish out his career?

Bronny wouldn't even be a real prospect if his last name wasn't James.
I caught a bit of the USC game the other night. He can barely dribble and has zero burst to get past his man.
He will likely be a 6'2" 3&D player off the bench if he makes it in the NBA.

Even if the Jazz drafted him does anyone actually think Lebron would come to Utah to finish out his career?
Bronny is extremely athletic. He's a Donovan level athlete. Give him some time.

Because there isn't many prospects around with a dad like Lebron to come within the package ?

Not interesting. Lebron won't make us a contender by himself even he is still a fantastic player for his age, But take out AD and Lakers are not in the Play in.

assuming bronny is a late 1st, he’ll be in the g league while lebron is in his last year. A fun locker room.

Most players aren't permanently on GLeague assignment

true, I didn’t claim it was permanent (whatever that means)

Also true, most late first rounders, even those who ultimately pan out, spend most of their time riding pine and in the g league.

Anyone think lebron’s going to stay quiet?