What's new

Yes,... This deserved a post...

I'll have to try out Fat Boy sometime within the next few days. I would do it today, but I already have some of the food I made over the weekend.

There's a German joint close to my place called Ice Haus that makes awesome sausages and burgers, and I also love their cheesesteak sandwich. You can also check out Grinders 13. I enjoy their phillies. They have two locations, but I've only ever gone to the West Valley one, since it's a few blocks from work.

Well ****, I might just have to go to that grinders today then

So cheesesteaks are my favorite food and I always go to new sandwich places and try their cheesesteaks..... there is a new place on state street and like 5800 south called fat boy philly. Pretty fantastic. The house sauce that they have goes really well with their philly and takes it to a whole other level. Good bread, good meat, great onions and peppers and the best sauce I ever had on a philly makes it my number 1 cheesesteak.

Imo the best bread still goes to DP and DP probably has the best quality of meat too yet I like the cheesesteak at bout time a little better and fat boy philly better as well mostly due to the sauce.

My favorite cheesesteaks:
Fat boy philly
Bout time
DP (These top three really have no weakness and it’s more of a three way tie)
The Philadelphian (weakness is that they are a bit too greasy for me)
Great steak and potato company. (Weakness is not enough meat on the sandwich. Great flavor though)
Moochies (just too messy/soggy for me)
Firehouse subs make a good cheesesteak as well as Capriotis.
I had a great cheesesteak from Denny’s a while back too but it was too small.

Anyone in the Salt Lake City area have a suggestion for a place for me to try?

If you make it up to Logan, try the Italian Place. Amazing.

Well ****, I might just have to go to that grinders today then

Went there today. The philly was quite amazing. Loved the fact that they had 2 cheeses on it (American and provolone) which is rare. Really good bread and meat. I loved that they gave me chopped jalapeños on the side too. Made the sandwich even better. Only weakness, and it’s a minor one, was that they went a bit too heavy on the mayo. Had to wipe some off.
Also ordered a pastrami and it was a bit below average. Going to just stick with the fantastic philly. Also ordered jalapeño poppers and they were top notch. One thing that sucked though, and other places have the same problem, is that they don’t have the proper jalapeño popper dipping sauce. Just ranch or fry sauce. Any place that serves poppers should always have the jelly dip. Even Arby’s has it.
They did have pretty good fries too.