What's new

Your All-Time Team

PG - John Stockton - With this team, you don't need a scorer
SG - Oscar Robertson - Really? Average a triple double?
SF - Larry Bird - JUST Edging out "big game james" worthy and LBJ
PF - Tim Duncan - Sorry, Karl, but I'm just gonna have to roll with the Big Fundamental
C - Gorge Mikan - The original "Make a rule because you're too good" guy

PG - John Stockton - With this team, you don't need a scorer
SG - Oscar Robertson - Really? Average a triple double?
SF - Larry Bird - JUST Edging out "big game james" worthy and LBJ
PF - Tim Duncan - Sorry, Karl, but I'm just gonna have to roll with the Big Fundamental
C - Gorge Mikan - The original "Make a rule because you're too good" guy

Have you ever watched Oscar play?

Only in clips. Too young for anything else.

I think it's difficult to truly judge how some older players would fair in today's league, but Oscar is one of those guys that I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was just clearly outmatched by today's PG's.

John Stockton
Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Karl Malone
Ben Wallace

Stockton, malone eaton, hornasek, payton manning

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I think it's difficult to truly judge how some older players would fair in today's league, but Oscar is one of those guys that I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was just clearly outmatched by today's PG's.

You very well could be right. However, it's three thing's he averaged double digits in, not just scoring. An X, 10boards, 10 assists player is still invaluable.

You very well could be right. However, it's three thing's he averaged double digits in, not just scoring. An X, 10boards, 10 assists player is still invaluable.

I really believe players like Robertson, Russell, Wilt, etc. would still be great players today because they would have the nutrition, easier travel, and strength training of today's NBA. The only question I have with some players is the height. For instance, would Jerry West be as productive as he was in the 60's as a 6'2" guard? He wasn't a PG, but maybe he would be in today's game.

outmatched in what? all i know is he would be one of the biggest PG who can shoot the lights out. he has frame to be like taller and stronger chauncey billups. he had a great understanding of the game, and just a good overall athlete. and he would box those smaller defenders out and shoot over them.

outmatched in what? all i know is he would be one of the biggest PG who can shoot the lights out. he has frame to be like taller and stronger chauncey billups. he had a great understanding of the game, and just a good overall athlete. and he would box those smaller defenders out and shoot over them.

Doesn't have the quickness of today's guards, nor the explosion (the quickness is far more concerning, though). If we had a time machine and brought him into the league today, I really don't think he could knock down the 3 ball. Not saying I'm certain he would struggle, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did. More so than guys like Russell and Chamberlain who someone brought up.

He also looks like a 5 year old dribbling the ball. But so does everyone from the 50's, 60's, and 70's

Just saying. ..

I put Oscar at the end of my top25 just to be nice, but whenever I watch highlights of him, he does not look like a player that could play in todays game.

I dont get the love for these ancient players. I know we want to respect them and honor them, and they were only working with what knowledge they had, but Cmon... I think its just being intellectually dishonest to say they were on the same level as players in the 80's and on up. They just aren't. Anyone who knows how to play the game, and has game, can see that they arent as skilled as people think. Some of the bigs like Wilt and Russell there can be arguments made that they could play in todays game. I get that. Its probably why they averaged such crazy stats. But the league as a whole was probably worse than the Dleague in terms of overall talent.

My alltime team

Lebron
Michael
Durant
Hakeem
Shaq

Reason for my team is...

I dont need a point guard. Lebron can defend any point guard and can distribute with the best of them. I dont need anymore ball handlers other than Michael and Lebron bringing it up. I need Durant to spread the floor and open things up.

Hakeem is a no brainer but my other big is tough choice. Could have went with Duncan, Kareem, Wilt, etc.. But I chose Shaq for his raw bullying power. He would command a lot of attention, which would make life real easy for the other 4.

B team

Magic
Wade
Bird
Malone
Duncan

Last edited:
chauncey billups
rip hamilton
tayshaun prince
sheed wallace
ben wallace

Magic/Stockton
Jordan/Kobe/Wade
Lebron/Bird
Malone/Barkley
Hakeem/Shaq/Duncan

Choose any 1 of the options at position on that list and they win in 4 over your team.