What's new

Your All-Time Team

@ Hack

I like the chemistry between Duncan/Hakeem better than Hakeem/Shaq.

Shaq can't spread the floor out of the high post for Hakeem to operate down low. Duncan and Hakeem can both operate from the low post AND high post.

But I might agree with your decision to not have a true PG.

@ Hack

I like the chemistry between Duncan/Hakeem better than Hakeem/Shaq.

Shaq can't spread the floor out of the high post for Hakeem to operate down low. Duncan and Hakeem can both operate from the low post AND high post.

But I might agree with your decision to not have a true PG.
I thought about that. Like I said, its a tough decision. Shaq would just be down low everytime. Hakeem is perfectly capable of spreading the floor for him. I know that takes away from Hakeems post moves, but everyone is gonna have to sacrafice something. I just want to make sure Hakeem is there for his defense especially.

Even though Shaq wasnt as skilled as Duncan and the other bigs, he was just on another level in terms of dominance. He bullied the post like no other (Wilt played against scrubs). Remember, they had to redesign hoops and backwards just because of his raw power. The guy bullied anybody and everybody. He would have more rings if he didnt play for so many teams. If him and Kobe could have worked it out, Im sure he could have tacked on at least 3 more rings.

I like stoked and hacks teams best.

I think you have to have jordan and lebron somewhere on your team.

Starters

Carlos arroyo
Deshawn stevenson
Kris humphries
Jarron collins
Curtis brochard

Backup
Andre kirilenko--for every position

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I dont really like the idea of putting Stockton on an all time team. Especially paired up with a ball dominant guard like Jordan. Don't get me wrong, I like stockton, but what is he going to do on the court with someone like Jordan , Lebron, or Kobe next to him? They are just too ball dominant.

How about
Magic PG
Jordan SG
Lebron SF
Hakeem PF
Jabbar C

Why does no one put Jabbar on an all time team?
His stats offensively and defensively are staggering.
Plus he is definitely best free throw shooter of top centers.
That's got to be important.

Doesn't have the quickness of today's guards, nor the explosion (the quickness is far more concerning, though). If we had a time machine and brought him into the league today, I really don't think he could knock down the 3 ball. Not saying I'm certain he would struggle, but I wouldn't be shocked if he did. More so than guys like Russell and Chamberlain who someone brought up.

by your logic, magic would get raped in today's nba. i mean how would magic stay in front of d rose or westbrook? oh wait, he doesn't have to. if he is too slow then he will guard somebody else. after all it's a team game. teams adjust. and what's shooting 3's got to do with being a great PG?

isiah thomas - career 29% shooter. didn't even attempt much
jason kidd - low to mid 30% 3pt shooter in his prime.
magic - first 9 years he was barely 20% 3pt shooter. he only started shooting in his final 3 seasons
kevin johnson - barely attempted 3pters until he was reduced to a jump shooter in his final couple of seasons. in his prime he was 20% 3pt shooter.
tony parker - shot below .300% in 4 seasons. .316 %

shooting 3s has nothing to do with playing point.

and hey look, 60's players can jump too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V778zPB64cA

big O's athleticism is good enough. imagine him really working on his vert for real. back then focus was on the fundamentals, playing team game. it was all substance.

and imagine big O with today's strength and conditioning program. i mean he already looked like this in 60's.
1ablog-oscarrobertsonx-large.jpg

1243067_f520.jpg

nba_g_oscar-robertson_mb_576.jpg

name me a pg who looks like this today. and his body looked like this in an era where dudes didn't even really know how to work out. i mean that's all natural & functional muscle. they called him big O for a reason. one of those rare dudes with farm boy strength.

and those fancy dribbling/cross overs - probably will take few months for big O to really master it. i mean it's a must have skill. i mean dribbling side to side, making dudes look like a fool once in a while. i mean just look at kyrie and his dominant crossovers. i mean it's so great that he is making cavs a legit contender.

and unlike today's fake listings big O was legit 6ft 5.

big O at age of 74 with 6ft trey
TrophyPagePic2013.jpg

26237th.jpg

got the brains, physical tools, work ethic, and knows how to play team ball. not only he was an all around player, he also knew was a great field general. just knew how to control the tempo. great kareem even went too far and said big O would kick MJ & bron's butt. i wouldn't go that far, but no doubt he is a transcendent talent.

more and more i think about big O, i see him being a dominant PG. i mean you are talking about being a true bully in the position. nobody in pg position will come close to matching oscar's sick strength.

bigger and nastier d will with bully strength? bigger and more complete prime chauncey billups? whatever he maybe, he will toy with today's PG. 25/9 type with sick post up games. you can't put trey burke on him. can't put tony parker on him. he is too big and physical. big O is a mismatch waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Spycam creates a thread with an open invitation for Fabtrey to troll. Gotta have better foresight than that.

Here is the greatest, full team ever.

C: Shaq, Hakeem
PF: Malone, Barkley, Duncan
SF: LeBron, Bird
SG: Jordan, Kobe, Drexler
PG: Magic, Stockton, Thomas

That's a 13 man team. If I had to trim then Drexler and Thomas would be the first two cut. Also my team is not in starter/reserve order. Just who would be on the team at each position.

Spycam creates a thread with an open invitation for Fabtrey to troll. Gotta have better foresight than that.

Might have to go back to callin him fatbrey tbh

Here is the greatest, full team ever.

C: Shaq, Hakeem
PF: Malone, Barkley, Duncan
SF: LeBron, Bird
SG: Jordan, Kobe, Drexler
PG: Magic, Stockton, Thomas

That's a 13 man team. If I had to trim then Drexler and Thomas would be the first two cut. Also my team is not in starter/reserve order. Just who would be on the team at each position.

Wade > Drexler

another slow and undersized 60's player who won't do well in today's NBA.

wes-unseld2.jpg

this dude will never be able to master crossover. i mean just look at these tree trunks.