What's new

Your top 5 videogames

This was one of the most underrated FPS' of all time in my opinion. I was really excited to see and play the Episodes game years later, but the project screwed up I guess.

john_blade__from_ritual_entertainment_fan_kit__used_with_permission.JPG

Sin.jpg

And of course the gorgeous Bianca Beauchamp could not be forgotten for posing as Elexis Sinclaire, Blade's arch nemesis.

GamesElexis.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1SWmmhM63g

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the original Doom.

For anyone who had already been into gaming, especially like me from the days when Zork was an amazing breakthrough in gaming, Doom represented one of the very very few true game-changers in gaming history. The graphics, the gameplay, the story line, all of it came together in a way that I can confidently say no game ever had before, and no game has truly equaled since. I spent many a night staying up way too late playing this game on my IBM 486-66 after hours of homework in college. In a darkened room with the sound turned on (most computers at that time didn't have proper speakers, let alone sound cards or anything like that, Doom pulled off the eerie sounds on the old tinny transistor radio speaker) I found it completely immersing. It helped that I had a 19" monitor (huge at the time) to enjoy it on, and then the LAN games and actually playing over a modem thanks to one very hardware and tech savvy friend, actually playing with my friends in the earliest version of MMORP you could really play.

Wow, just awesome, simply awesome.

1-Everquest
2-Demon souls series
3-Mario series
4-Zelda Ocarrina of Time
5-Elder Scrolls Series

Honorable Mentions - The Witcher, Warcraft 3, DaOC, Goldeneye n64, Mariocart n64, LOTRO

I can't believe nobody else mentioned Everquest. I worked for six months right out of high school for Sony and took calls regarding EQ. I had never played an online game and thought people who did were teh nerd. However, it was part of our job to play and know the game inside and out, so I played. I got hooked, obviously, and played the same character for almost ten years, and an alt for almost five. I was a top 10 Shadow Knight in the world, (Sony had actual Rankings posted on their site) as GAY as that sounds. I sold my account for $1,200.00, which was bitter sweet -- I miss that game.

Did anyone ever play Champions of Norath? That's the most fun I've had playing a rpg action multiplayer game sinve diablo II

Attempted. Hated it.

For anyone who had already been into gaming, especially like me from the days when Zork was an amazing breakthrough in gaming, Doom represented one of the very very few true game-changers in gaming history. The graphics, the gameplay, the story line, all of it came together in a way that I can confidently say no game ever had before, and no game has truly equaled since. I spent many a night staying up way too late playing this game on my IBM 486-66 after hours of homework in college. In a darkened room with the sound turned on (most computers at that time didn't have proper speakers, let alone sound cards or anything like that, Doom pulled off the eerie sounds on the old tinny transistor radio speaker) I found it completely immersing. It helped that I had a 19" monitor (huge at the time) to enjoy it on, and then the LAN games and actually playing over a modem thanks to one very hardware and tech savvy friend, actually playing with my friends in the earliest version of MMORP you could really play.

I agree with this, x2.

Other than EQ, I really haven't played many games. Got into WoW for a year or two, but maxed the level in a few months and got tired of killing n00bs like Vinyl all the time. I got a Sega Genesis when I was like 12 (the only gaming console my parents ever bought for us) and really loved Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, and Sonic.

Got hooked on Halo 2 when I lived with my in-laws while we built a house. Bought an xbox just for playing that game; never owned another xbox game and haven't plugged it in since I moved away from bigb's neighborhood.

Overall, I'm not much of a gamer.

When I was super young, I use to stay up late with my dad and just watch him play Doom. Probably some of the best father/son bonding time we had.

I can't believe nobody else mentioned Everquest. I worked for six months right out of high school for Sony and took calls regarding EQ. I had never played an online game and thought people who did were teh nerd. However, it was part of our job to play and know the game inside and out, so I played. I got hooked, obviously, and played the same character for almost ten years, and an alt for almost five. I was a top 10 Shadow Knight in the world, (Sony had actual Rankings posted on their site) as GAY as that sounds. I sold my account for $1,200.00, which was bitter sweet -- I miss that game.

Attempted. Hated it.

I agree with this, x2.

Other than EQ, I really haven't played many games. Got into WoW for a year or two, but maxed the level in a few months and got tired of killing n00bs like Vinyl all the time. I got a Sega Genesis when I was like 12 (the only gaming console my parents ever bought for us) and really loved Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, and Sonic.

Got hooked on Halo 2 when I lived with my in-laws while we built a house. Bought an xbox just for playing that game; never owned another xbox game and haven't plugged it in since I moved away from bigb's neighborhood.

Halo 2 was the ultimate online console game. The way they had the ranking system setup made it very addicting.

I have now put about 250 hours into Skyrim and still have quite a bit left to do. Haven't loved a game this much since Ocarina of Time.

I have Skyrim waiting for me with all the cool mods loaded (no sex mode used except for the nude skins. I like boobs) but have zero time and energy to play.

How hard does that suck?

I have Skyrim waiting for me with all the cool mods loaded (no sex mode used except for the nude skins. I like boobs) but have zero time and energy to play.

How hard does that suck?

Whenever I don't have enough time to do something, I just use my regularly scheduled date night with my wife to do it.

Whenever I don't have enough time to do something, I just use my regularly scheduled date night with my wife to do it.
Haha, I could shoot date night in the face. How is it that the night that is supposed to bring us closer is almost always overrun with frustration and fighting?

Haha, I could shoot date night in the face. How is it that the night that is supposed to bring us closer is almost always overrun with frustration and fighting?

You just haven't learned how to keep your woman in line. And the secret is making sure you put it all in perspective for her.

Here listen to this, it should help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Y0I91rubg

1) Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
2) Lego Marvel Super Heros
3) Lego Indiana Jones
4) Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
5) Lego Lord of the Rings

Attempted. Hated it.

I agree with this, x2.

dude, we could talk for days about EQ. Put thousands of hours into that game. its number one on my list, number 2 is waaay down. i sold my account when i stopped playing, i think i was 16 years old at the time. Got almost $1,000 for it. My parent were so nervous, they were certain I was lying about where the money came from. Still haven't found another game that grabbed me like that did.

dude, we could talk for days about EQ. Put thousands of hours into that game. its number one on my list, number 2 is waaay down. i sold my account when i stopped playing, i think i was 16 years old at the time. Got almost $1,000 for it. My parent were so nervous, they were certain I was lying about where the money came from. Still haven't found another game that grabbed me like that did.

WoW filled the void for a bit, but after realizing I could do in three months what took almost a decade to do in EQ, I lost my taste for it pretty quick. The Pvp aspect of WoW was a lot of fun though, which made me think about how awful EQ's PvP was.

What was the last expansion you played before you quit? Did you ever camp "Fabled's"? Did you ever go back to old dungeons and clear them out solo just because you could? Plane of Growth was my favorite -- Eff those little asslings in the A, you know what I'm saying? I've got a SS of me standing over Tunare's body; it felt great. If I were to guess, I'd bet you were a DE Necro who praised Inny. Close?

That's because planned things gets people who can't take anymore of each other more tense. No plan goes like planned.

I started shortly after launch, and stopped playing after planes of power. I went really crazy during kunark and velious. I was actually a barbarian shaman. One of the first on my server to get my epic weapon, one of only a handlefull of 60's when they raised the level cap. It peaked for me that first time we cleared the temple of veeshan, I was one bad mother. I used to camp that froglok in guk for the fungi tunic, spent a good 5 hours a night for a solid week before it dropped, but ohhh that feeling when it finally did. I remember going back and taking out naggy and vox after we were all epic'd out, loling at how easy it was. Ah the good ole days of KS'ing, selling SoW's at the druid circle, porting for 10 plat, wheeling and dealing at the EC tunnel, refusing to start playing until someone would cast breeze on me, that feeling in your gut when you realized you weren't getting a rez and had lost 15+ hours of exp, and omg the corpse runs.....such a shame that MMO's have become so dumbed down.

I actually went back and played it last year. Game looks like dog ****, can't believe how much i loved it.

I started shortly after launch, and stopped playing after planes of power. I went really crazy during kunark and velious. I was actually a barbarian shaman. One of the first on my server to get my epic weapon, one of only a handlefull of 60's when they raised the level cap. It peaked for me that first time we cleared the temple of veeshan, I was one bad mother. I used to camp that froglok in guk for the fungi tunic, spent a good 5 hours a night for a solid week before it dropped, but ohhh that feeling when it finally did. I remember going back and taking out naggy and vox after we were all epic'd out, loling at how easy it was. Ah the good ole days of KS'ing, selling SoW's at the druid circle, porting for 10 plat, wheeling and dealing at the EC tunnel, refusing to start playing until someone would cast breeze on me, that feeling in your gut when you realized you weren't getting a rez and had lost 15+ hours of exp, and omg the corpse runs.....such a shame that MMO's have become so dumbed down.

I actually went back and played it last year. Game looks like dog ****, can't believe how much i loved it.

Camping Upper and Lower Guk -- oh man, the memories. I pulled a 25 hour straight camp for the Fabled Dark Reaver:

20092e53ac0f348688762e72497cd735.png

My very first character was a female Barbarian Shaman named "FloppyRack" (remember the size of those breasteses?!) but never got her past level 18. The early days of EQ were certainly the best. You might appreciate this cool story, bro:

When I worked for Sony, we had access to every drop of customer information, but most notably, usernames and passwords. Remember that this was almost 15 years ago and things weren't hyper-secured; the thought of "hackers" was something only in sci-if books and tv shows. We would find a level 50 character and log into their account, see what kind of gear they had, how much pp they had, and would essentially rob them blind. We'd just transfer the loot to one of our other accounts that was long deactivated and was untraceable, and then sell the items on eBay before eBay/Sony cracked down on selling in-game items. One of the highly sought after items was the SMR from Lower Guk -- remember that? We would hack one or two of those a week and would get $300 - $400 for each one. We'd also sell pp by the thousands. It was ridiculous. Had we been caught, I'm sure we all would have gone to prison. One of our guys did get caught, but not hacking gear; he got into an online fight with someone and then looked up their real info and threatened to track them down and beat their family up or some stupid ****. After he got **** canned we stopped, but that was an amazing three months. We justified it because the GMs always refunded the guys we robbed -- so it was totally cool. /cough

gangster as ****, woulda been a fun "job". Every time EQ gets brought up I get all nostalgic. Random memories have been popping into my head all afternoon now.

When I worked for Sony, we had access to every drop of customer information, but most notably, usernames and passwords. Remember that this was almost 15 years ago and things weren't hyper-secured; the thought of "hackers" was something only in sci-if books and tv shows. We would find a level 50 character and log into their account, see what kind of gear they had, how much pp they had, and would essentially rob them blind. We'd just transfer the loot to one of our other accounts that was long deactivated and was untraceable, and then sell the items on eBay before eBay/Sony cracked down on selling in-game items. One of the highly sought after items was the SMR from Lower Guk -- remember that? We would hack one or two of those a week and would get $300 - $400 for each one. We'd also sell pp by the thousands. It was ridiculous. Had we been caught, I'm sure we all would have gone to prison. One of our guys did get caught, but not hacking gear; he got into an online fight with someone and then looked up their real info and threatened to track them down and beat their family up or some stupid ****. After he got **** canned we stopped, but that was an amazing three months. We justified it because the GMs always refunded the guys we robbed -- so it was totally cool. /cough

I love childhood shenanigan stories like this. I had my share of employee thefts and feel good about all of them.