Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Harris + NJ's 2nd Round Pick for Andre Miller

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Harris for Mehta World Peace and Darius Morris

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Harris for Kirk Hinrich

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
We would be missing Harris's outside shooting if we got Jimmer.

This isn't a joke.

How many good looks does Jimmer actually get out of King's offense? Legitimate question because I have yet to watch Jimmer. I know he is sucking terribly, but when you have a player as bad as Harris is playing you have to attempt to buy low on something also.

Kings wouldn't take a Jimmer/Harris swap. I think we'd need to sweeten the pot and they'd want to dump someone else on us as well.

What's wrong with getting a bad contract i n return? We don't have to resign anyone soon anyway.

We can easily take back a bad 30-40 million contract for 3 years and resign Millsap and Jefferson if we need him without getting into luxury tax so I don't see why getting back a young talent for Harris is inconceivable

Isn't LA looking to be a player in the Howard/Williams market next year though? Why would they take on an unnecessary contract?

We can easily take back a bad 30-40 million contract for 3 years and resign Millsap and Jefferson if we need him without getting into luxury tax so I don't see why getting back a young talent for Harris is inconceivable

Maybe for the right young talent, but not for Jimmer at this point. He hasn't shown anything that's worth taking the risk of a bad contract for. Big Y fan here also.

Maybe for the right young talent, but not for Jimmer at this point. He hasn't shown anything that's worth taking the risk of a bad contract for. Big Y fan here also.

When is a rookie contract a bad contract? He gets like 12-14 million over 4 years.

The big difference is that Harris is six years older and paid five times as much.

I'd honestly be happy for that trade to go down. But maybe I've been away from JIMMER MANIA too long.

Isn't LA looking to be a player in the Howard/Williams market next year though? Why would they take on an unnecessary contract?
Not really. Unless they're ready to somehow just dump Bynum AND Pau. They want those players, but they're not even close to being able to get either in free agency.

The Lakers are a possibility. The only problem is that they don't have any player(s) worth the salary that would have to be added to match.

I still think Kabongo is the best PG prospect in college now.

I pray to sweet baby Jesus that he comes out this year to at least deepen the draft.

So you like Kabongo more than Marshall. Just curious why. I have always been concerned with Myck's decision-making and his shot.
On the year, Kabongo has played against 2 ranked teams, and is shooting 41.9% and 30% from three.
When going head-to-head against Marshall, Kabongo's stat line was 1pt, 0rbs, 1ast, 4to's.

I'm not impressed .. other than the 'p' word (potential).

So you like Kabongo more than Marshall. Just curious why. I have always been concerned with Myck's decision-making and his shot.
On the year, Kabongo has played against 2 ranked teams, and is shooting 41.9% and 30% from three.
When going head-to-head against Marshall, Kabongo's stat line was 1pt, 0rbs, 1ast, 4to's.

I'm not impressed .. other than the 'p' word (potential).

Yes, the "P" word is relevant here. He is a young player who plays a bit out of control sometimes, but I still see great PG skills in him. Also like his ability to get into the lane. He plays on a sub-part Texas team with the best player being a combo guard who likes the ball in his hands. He doesn't have the luxury of great teams that Teague and Marshall have.

Not really. Unless they're ready to somehow just dump Bynum AND Pau. They want those players, but they're not even close to being able to get either in free agency.

The Lakers are a possibility. The only problem is that they don't have any player(s) worth the salary that would have to be added to match.

In the article it said LA has an 8 million dollar trade exception. If Utah could find a suitor for their trade exception, they could pull it off this way.

DJ Augustin will NOT have his contract extended by the Charlotte Bobcats

https://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/34482259

The Charlotte Bobcats will keep their option open.

The Charlotte Observer reports that the Bobcats will not offer contract extensions to point guard D.J. Augustin or shooting guard D.J. prior to the upcoming January 25th deadline.

Augustin, 24, was a 2008 lottery pick and has been the team's starting point guard since the beginning of the 2010-2011 season. This year, he's putting up 15.3 points and 7.2 assists per game, a career-year.

White, 25, was also a 2008 first round pick, taken No. 29 overall by the Detroit Pistons. He too is in the midst of putting up career-best numbers, averaging 10.3 points and 5.7 rebounds per game.

This decision has far less to do with the play of Augustin and White and far more to do with the direction of the Bobcats. Following the trades of Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson, plus the addition of new GM Rich Cho, it was clear the Bobcats were undergoing a massive rebuilding effort.

Early extensions are generally handed out to players who performed spectacularly on their rookie deals or those who are deemed indispensable. When the Bobcats drafted Kemba Walker with a 2011 lottery pick, Augustin no longer qualified as indispensable and he's been solid, but never close to spectacular, in his four seasons in Charlotte. He currently grades out as the No. 22 point guard in the NBA when it comes to player efficiency. White is a nice piece but far from a building block.

Letting both players hit restricted free agency next summer comes relatively risk-free. The Bobcats have Walker waiting to take over if necessary and plenty of youth and talent in their front line. They can choose to retain Augustin and/or White with their matching rights next summer. Or, if the price is too high, they can simply move on in their plans to build around Walker, Bismack Biyombo and their 2012 draft picks. Either way, there simply is no impetus for making an immediate financial commitment to either player for a team that is currently 3-12 and destined for a high lottery pick.

Should we gamble on Augustin?? Short PG, but decent shooter. Havent seen enough of his play to have a formidable opinion, really.

In the article it said LA has an 8 million dollar trade exception. If Utah could find a suitor for their trade exception, they could pull it off this way.

Isn't the discussion that the Lakers would like Harris? Harris' salary is too big to be absorbed by the Odom TPE.