What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

I think it's safe to say that Ingles isn't a safe asset anymore. He looked washed up out there... Lindsay has his work cut out for him this off-season. In a weird way I'm happy we got swept, because now the Jazz brass will be forced to make some moves. Fans won't hype about a similar roster for a third ****in year in a row.
He's a safe asset. He's still the best PG on the roster.

Ross > Lamb. Cost is too but he’s a def superior player. Lamb is career 33% from 3 while Ross is 37.4%...he shot 38.3% this season. Some of that has to do with the spacing Vuc brings compared to the nobodies on Charlotte but it’s not just that. I think Ross has more of that swag/pure scoring confidence like Sweet Lou and we need that. He could be a difference maker as a legit scoring option going forward.

Last edited:
Terrance Ross is another one of those wings like Bojan and Danny Green where I look at them and think "damn he'd be nice on the Jazz" but then realise that unless the organisation they're currently with is brain dead there's no way they're letting those guys go if they want to make it to the playoffs again next year.

I feel like we have a ton of work to do.

PG play was shaky all year, no good stretch 4, Ingles really slowed after a great start.

That said, we still won 50 games in a brutal West despite all this. If we somehow got Conley or some other noticeable upgrade offensively at the point, that alone would be monumental and put us around 55 wins and the 2 or 3 seed next year.

Terrance Ross is another one of those wings like Bojan and Danny Green where I look at them and think "damn he'd be nice on the Jazz" but then realise that unless the organisation they're currently with is brain dead there's no way they're letting those guys go if they want to make it to the playoffs again next year.

do not underestimate magic ;)

Vuc and Ross are both UFA’s and I imagine Vuc gets the max or damn near it. Not sure what they’d then do with Ross after.

Overhaul required keep the duo, the rest needs to be tweaked. No more of keeping the pieces the same, obviously they don't all fit.

What about opting out of Favors and going after Vonleh on a cheapies 1+1? Dude is a great rebounder and can hit the 3, albeit at a rate not as strong as we want but better than Favors and he’s still just 23.

He’d give us another stretch option, rebounds better than Faves and would free up a lot of money.

Vuc and Ross are both UFA’s and I imagine Vuc gets the max or damn near it. Not sure what they’d then do with Ross after.
I get the impression that they'll be aggressive in trying to dump Fournier's contract this offseason to make room for the both of them.

At this point, I would draft Carsen Edwards and Admiral Schofield then pick up Favors' option then sign a free agent after letting Rubio, Thabo and Udoh walk.

Its not an exciting off-season, but I just don't see us sending Favors packing. I also don't see us trading Korver and/or Crowder either. If we keep Korver, Crowder and Favors, we only have money for a $12-15 type free agent which means Redick, Danny Green, Jabari, Aminu, Beverley, etc.

Summer 2020 is when we just let Favors, Korver, Crowder, and Neto go knowing that Ingles isn't too far behind. We got to hope and pray Exum, Grayson, Carsen and Admiral along with Niang and O'Neale are ready.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

There's zero chance DL is just going to sit idly by after getting swept by a perennial WC threat for the next few years unless he wants a new job. The 2020 free agent class is also pretty pathetic compared to this year so no point playing the cap game for Andre Drummond or a number of aging vets looking for one last payday like Draymond Green, Paul Millsap, etc.

edit: Favors is a stud and is going to ball out wherever he goes if the Jazz let him go, but if you want to put yourself in the market for FAs which you should be as 2020 sucks and 2021 Donovan's extension will be in effect then he's gotta be let go.

At this point, I would draft Carsen Edwards and Admiral Schofield then pick up Favors' option then sign a free agent after letting Rubio, Thabo and Udoh walk.

Its not an exciting off-season, but I just don't see us sending Favors packing. I also don't see us trading Korver and/or Crowder either. If we keep Korver, Crowder and Favors, we only have money for a $12-15 type free agent which means Redick, Danny Green, Jabari, Aminu, Beverley, etc.

Summer 2020 is when we just let Favors, Korver, Crowder, and Neto go knowing that Ingles isn't too far behind. We got to hope and pray Exum, Grayson, Carsen and Admiral along with Niang and O'Neale are ready.

Edwards is meh as hell.

There's zero chance DL is just going to sit idly by after getting swept by a perennial WC threat for the next few years unless he wants a new job. The 2020 free agent class is also pretty pathetic compared to this year so no point playing the cap game for Andre Drummond or a number of aging vets looking for one last payday like Draymond Green, Paul Millsap, etc.

edit: Favors is a stud and is going to ball out wherever he goes if the Jazz let him go, but if you want to put yourself in the market for FAs which you should be as 2020 sucks and 2021 Donovan's extension will be in effect then he's gotta be let go.
We don't get great free agents. We have to build through the draft and trades.

We need to do my plan above (Carsen, Admiral, keep Favors) and hope we can start better than we did this year. If we don't start too great, then we look at deadline deals with those outgoing expirings guys (Korver, Crowder, Favors).

Our future success relies more on Exum, Mitchell, O'Neale, Niang, and Grayson than it does dreaming about Kemba. The only way that changes is if we aggressively trade. DL doesnt do that.

I would much prefer to let Favors go, pick up a replacement on a 1 year deal if chasing FAs doesn't pan out (there will be plenty of serviceable backup C options) and then have that expiring at the deadline if need be rather than just continuing to do what the FO has done last year in keeping the status quo for most part and relying on internal development because of this belief that the Jazz don't sign great FAs.

I honestly don't think Kemba is that unrealistic, it's not like we're out here asking for cap space to try and lure Kevin Durant or Kyrie Irving.

edit: A Charlotte fan I know on another forum who thinks Kemba is going believes the Jazz are an option for him since all he wants to do is win and he wanted to stay in Charlotte but he doesn't trust the FO to put a winning roster around him, this isn't like KD who wants New York to run his businesses or Kyrie who wants a big market where he can have his own team.