What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

I would much prefer to let Favors go, pick up a replacement on a 1 year deal if chasing FAs doesn't pan out (there will be plenty of serviceable backup C options) and then have that expiring at the deadline if need be rather than just continuing to do what the FO has done last year in keeping the status quo for most part and relying on internal development because of this belief that the Jazz don't sign great FAs.

I honestly don't think Kemba is that unrealistic, it's not like we're out here asking for cap space to try and lure Kevin Durant or Kyrie Irving.

edit: A Charlotte fan I know on another forum who thinks Kemba is going believes the Jazz are an option for him since all he wants to do is win and he wanted to stay in Charlotte but he doesn't trust the FO to put a winning roster around him, this isn't like KD who wants New York to run his businesses or Kyrie who wants a big market where he can have his own team.
Whether we pursue Kemba or not, I would try to draft Carsen and Admiral. We can try to sign Kemba, but I expect that will be left with the option of either keeping Favors or letting him go to sign another older vet on a short term deal. Might as well just keep Favors and sign a Danny Green or Beverley. All it costs us is Rubio, Thabo and Udoh.

I would pursue Kemba but I don't expect Kemba. I expect us to be in the market for players we can afford even if we keep Favors.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Ross > Lamb. Cost is too but he’s a def superior player. Lamb is career 33% from 3 while Ross is 37.4%...he shot 38.3% this season. Some of that has to do with the spacing Vuc brings compared to the nobodies on Charlotte but it’s not just that. I think Ross has more of that swag/pure scoring confidence like Sweet Lou and we need that. He could be a difference maker as a legit scoring option going forward.
Lamb is better for what the Jazz need

And I think Lamb has more potential room for growth. I think Ross just had an outlier season (hasnt improved his weaknesses, just got to shoot a lot) and I dont think his style fits the Jazz.

I think it's safe to say that Ingles isn't a safe asset anymore. He looked washed up out there... Lindsay has his work cut out for him this off-season. In a weird way I'm happy we got swept, because now the Jazz brass will be forced to make some moves. Fans won't hype about a similar roster for a third ****in year in a row.
Ingles is fine. The Rockets have essentially taken Ingles and Mitchell away. Their entire defense is geared towards stopping those 2 guys from hurting them. Mitchell is good enough to make them pay. Ingles needs other players to be effective. When your options are Rubio/Favors shooting threes or Ingles driving then Ingles won't be effective. If we had a shooter at one of those 2 spots Ingles wouldn't be able to be one of the 2 guys they are stopping. The Rockets have essentially said we won't let Ingles or Mitchell beat us what else do you have, the Jazz have nothing else.

And I think Lamb has more potential room for growth. I think Ross just had an outlier season (hasnt improved his weaknesses, just got to shoot a lot) and I dont think his style fits the Jazz.

Ugh. This is part of the problem. Let’s get guys to fit “our style.” How about we adapt our style for personnel? Ross is exactly what we could use. He’s instant offense, something we sorely lack, and he’s been coming off the bench. Getting Lamb would mean what? He starts next to Donovan? We know that’s not happening. So what then? Lamb comes off the bench after having been a starter?

Ugh. This is part of the problem. Let’s get guys to fit “our style.” How about we adapt our style for personnel? Ross is exactly what we could use. He’s instant offense, something we sorely lack, and he’s been coming off the bench. Getting Lamb would mean what? He starts next to Donovan? We know that’s not happening. So what then? Lamb comes off the bench after having been a starter?
No, I think you get Lamb and start Ingles as the PG, if you were to go that route.

And just cause Ross currently comes off the bench doesnt mean he wants to continue to come off the bench.