What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

One of my least favorite sayings of all time is slow and steady wins the race... I have watched many races and fast has won all of them.

The quote is referring to putting in the work consistently over a long period of time. Not short bursts of inspiration and energy. I don't believe the quote is talking about an actual event or competition. Obviously if you're in a race and you just jog around the course with no care in the world, you lose.

The quote is referring to putting in the work consistently over a long period of time. Not short bursts of inspiration and energy. I don't believe the quote is talking about an actual event or competition. Obviously if you're in a race and you just jog around the course with no care in the world, you lose.

That's why its a dumb saying. Then they should call it something else... because a race is an even or competition. I think it comes from the tortoise and the hare... the moral of that story should be "if you are really fast and in a race then don't stop and take a nap dummy."

In life obviously sticking to something and working hard and smart has big payoffs.

If I am the GM, I spend a bit more money and get the players we need. While keeping Favs, Mitchell, and Gobert together. Hell with the salary cap. Have to spend money if you want to win.

If I am the GM, I spend a bit more money and get the players we need. While keeping Favs, Mitchell, and Gobert together. Hell with the salary cap. Have to spend money if you want to win.

I think that the salary cap doesnt allow you to spend money on the players we need.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The chances of Alex Caruso becoming a better player than Dante Exum are pretty high in my opinion. He's probably already better than DedEx tbh

Someone start an over/under on what he gets for his next contract because we’re still waiting out his potential. FFS, at least CJ Miles played.

Yep. And Miles now has a 14 year (and counting) career, with a respectable 35.9% 3 point percentage and over 1,200 career 3’s, good for 60th all time, espite playing in only 20.4 minutes per game.

Exum’s been hurt 60x by now. **** him and this narrative.

"We're going to be really aggressive in improving the team."
"We could use a sniper at any position."
"Favors and Gobert absolutely co-exist."
"We really like what Favors brings and seem him back in a lot of scenarios."
"We believe in Exum and want to see him healthy."
"We really could see Ricky back in a number of scenarios."

Tell me, what upgrades can we make by keeping both Exum and Favors? Seriously. Even if Ricky is gone, give me one cap scenario (I don't even care if it's not realistic) where we can make any substantial improvements by running this thing back +/- Rubio.

The Jazz think? That’s been their problem all along. They seem incapable of thinking objectively and being able to separate reality (Exum is mediocre at best when he is healthy which is virtually never) from their emotions because they’re romantically hanging on to the notion that Exum will bud into Hermès on the ****ing court.

"We're going to be really aggressive in improving the team."
"We could use a sniper at any position."
"Favors and Gobert absolutely co-exist."
"We really like what Favors brings and seem him back in a lot of scenarios."
"We believe in Exum and want to see him healthy."
"We really could see Ricky back in a number of scenarios."

Tell me, what upgrades can we make by keeping both Exum and Favors? Seriously. Even if Ricky is gone, give me one cap scenario (I don't even care if it's not realistic) where we can make any substantial improvements by running this thing back +/- Rubio.

The only moves as I see it are packaging Rubio and/or Korver and/or Crowder. Then fluff which doesn’t add much in value or in salary like Bradley.

But considering we’re always too loyal, I don’t see us trading Korver since he may retire. So Rubio and Crowder maybe for???

Maybe a S&T for Brogdon? That’s wishful thinking.

For three years KOC brought back the exact same team, only to fall to the Lakers in successively less games each post season. I didn't think DL would do that but I'm starting to believe he's had too many KOC-isms rub off on him. The whole "let the market determine your RFA's price" that he did his first summer in control with Hayward had KOC influence all over it, and I've given him a pass on it. This stuff is scaring me.

Well... okay... He hasn't been good when he is healthy. He's had some good 5-10 game stints but still nothing to get super excited about. They may not be looking to trade him but they sure as hell better not hesitate to move him if a deal comes along.