What's new

You're the GM this offseason. What do you do?

I still wish we could find a way to restructure the Memphis deal in a way that helps us. Pull some rabbit out of the hat like LA did with the Wiz.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Did the Lakers get Davis from the Wizards? The Lakers worked around the deal, they didn’t alter it.

The only thing that could make the deal more advantageous for the Jazz would be to include Exum instead of or in addition to the package.

We are going to be floored at the players that are had for $9.6 million or less. That’s saying nothing of the players the Jazz aren’t even in the conversation for above Favors’ $17 mil.

TLDR; that isn’t happening.

Did the Lakers get Davis from the Wizards? The Lakers worked around the deal, they didn’t alter it.

The only thing that could make the deal more advantageous for the Jazz would be to include Exum instead of or in addition to the package.

We are going to be floored at the players that are had for $9.6 million or less. That’s saying nothing of the players the Jazz aren’t even in the conversation for above Favors’ $17 mil.

The Lakers took a two team deal with the Pelicans and expanded it to include the Wizards. So yes, it got altered to a 3 team deal according to all reports.

I feel like we could alter the Memphis deal so we could potentially get value from a 3rd team. Don't know exactly what that looks like, but I hope we are looking. Memphis is rebuilding and will have a lot of cap space. Maybe they take on a bad contract for an additional asset. Who knows...

As it stands now, Favors vs available free agents looks 99% chance likely we just keep Favors.

Rubio S&T?

Can't. Rubio's cap hold is being released to facilitate the Conley trade.
It doesn’t necessarily have to be so long as the Jazz’s incoming salaries doesn’t exceed 125% of outgoing salaries. That would open up the full MLE.

I think. I think the Jazz would have to guarantee Favors’ salary, though.

Last edited:
I have been saying for years to play Ingles more at PF. Every time, people say "he gets beat up at the 4" or "LoPo you're an idiot" or something about a churro or baby talk.

Thank you for some stats to back it up. Ingles at the 4.

I do think Ingles actually will do better at 4 than 3. He isn't quick enough any more to keep up with the best SFs in the league. We need more options at the 3

How many minutes has Ingles played the 4 and what is the criteria for determining that? It’s an important question.

How many minutes has Ingles played the 4 and what is the criteria for determining that? It’s an important question.

I was wondering the same thing. I assume it’s no more than about 150 minutes but I could be way off.

Someone please fill us in.

At this point, I’m all for dumping Faves and signing Ariza or Portis as well as Caruso or Curry.

If we dumped Faves and Bradley, we could probably sign Caruso, Ariza AND Green.

Conley-Caruso-Neto-JWF
Mitchell-Exum-Oni
Ingles-O’Neale
Ariza-Green
Gobert

If healthy, that team can be the 1 seed imo.