What's new

Yup, unions are awesome!

This pleases me. I talked to Mrs. Trout about it yesterday as we were slaughtering Catfish over at Utah Lake, and watching my little girl grimace when she bit into one of the "other" companies that tried to take over and produce "cupcakes". I haven't had a convenience store style "baked good" since Hostess went bye-bye, and the look on my daughters face is exactly why. Why bother? I know it won't be as good, and in fact, will probably be gross. I'm not a huge fan of Hostess, but a pack of Twinkies in the middle of a 14 hour fishing day o'death, or a 2-pack of Cupcakes with a tall glass of ice cold milk is tough to beat.

I think it's funny how Hostess and their... What?.... 12 CEOs in 10 years, run the company into the ground, rip off millions in compensation and bonuses, and then blame the union for everything.

Hopefully this new Hostess has competent leadership who desires long-term stability and profit rather than using the company for a quickie...

This is just pathetically sad. Scat's entire world-view is informed by a simplistic, highly reductionist knee jerk political ideology that explains precious little with any degree of accuracy of the complex, dynamic world around us.

Might I suggest that you try thinking outside your teeny tiny little box now and then? It really can be an exhilarating experience.

This is just pathetically sad. Scat's entire world-view is informed by a simplistic, highly reductionist knee jerk political ideology that explains precious little with any degree of accuracy of the complex, dynamic world around us.

Might I suggest that you try thinking outside your teeny tiny little box now and then? It really can be an exhilarating experience.

Not everyone has as big a box as you.

So, this is all the owner's fault for making unhealthy food products...and the union takes no blame for thinking they could forever make money off a product no one wants anymore...

I think both sides have their issues.

So, this is all the owner's fault for making unhealthy food products...and the union takes no blame for thinking they could forever make money off a product no one wants anymore...

I think both sides have their issues.

Or the parts with CEOs telling shareholders about the success of the company while at the same time selling their stock in the company... Or the parts about 6 different CEOs in a short period of time merely using the company as a prostitute for a quickie and leaving the company in worse shape... Or the parts about management asking workers to take cuts while giving themselves bonuses.

It's real important that we understand economics. In all reality, many CEOs aren't looking for long term stability and success. They merely want to pump up the stock price, impress shareholders, slice and dice labor to make the company easier to sell, and get the **** out before the bubble which they create collapses. They use the company to rip off boatloads of money and stock options while destroying long term prospects. Thus leaving the company off in worse and worse shape. This is proving to have detrimental effects on our economy. Somewhere... Somehow... We need to get back to he focus bein long term stability and wealth creation.