What's new

Zion Williamson?

Potentially on the move this summer, would you go after him?

Nah. He seems like a one trick pony to me. I don’t think we’ll see much more talent wise. I also think he’s hard to build around.

We already have a stud that has more tools in his arsenal.

…maybe off the bench as 6th man bully ball

If you could convince me the ONLY reasons he has not been playing outside of the weight is lifestyle off the court, and lack of trust in the NOP management of his body. Yes I would def trade for him, as the chance to get anyone of his impact in a trade outside of those circumstances NEVER happens. What though is the question, I don't think that org is trading him for anything short of a top 3 pick in this draft

Pass. I think it's proven his weight has kept him from realizing his potential.

But, if the Jazz got him on the cheap, I'd take the gamble.

I don’t think we’d honestly have what they want… I mean not stuff we’d be willing to part with as far as players.

It’s tough cuz now would be the time to buy in but I have zero reason to believe he will take basketball seriously. He also needs to have things built around what he is and does to really be maximized… so you build around him then have him miss and it’s kind of disastrous. I’m out. Reminds me of Derrick Coleman… enormous talent that likely gets squandered.

Perfect example of the hype often not reaching the outcome. Teams/fans were salivating over Zion. Present day Jazz offer of Lauri, Walker and three unprotected firsts prob would be fully endorsed by most on this board the day of his draft. Wouldn't be surprised if Victor's career turns out similar, but for different reasons.

Perfect example of the hype often not reaching the outcome. Teams/fans were salivating over Zion. Present day Jazz offer of Lauri, Walker and three unprotected firsts prob would be fully endorsed by most on this board the day of his draft. Wouldn't be surprised if Victor's career turns out similar, but for different reasons.
lol wut

Nope. He's a talented baller but Zion is built in a way that his knees are not going to hold up if he keeps playing above the rim basketball.

Revisionist history. Zion was supposed to be the next LeBron. Fans would have given up the farm for that pick.
Sorry, you’re saying if Zion was in this draft that Jazz fans would offer the aforementioned?

Sorry, you’re saying if Zion was in this draft that Jazz fans would offer the aforementioned?
No. I am saying that they would before the Zion draft when the hype was at its peak. I think most posters on this board would give up Lauri/Walker and 4-5 picks for Victor right now. The Zion hype wasn't significantly different.

No. I am saying that they would before the Zion draft when the hype was at its peak. I think most posters on this board would give up Lauri/Walker and 4-5 picks for Victor right now. The Zion hype wasn't significantly different.
I think you are responding in the affirmative to my question because we didn’t have Lauri and Walker and picks in 2019. I laughed because it read like you were saying Jazz fans now would trade all that for Zion now which was demonstrably false. I get the gist of what you’re saying now.

I don’t know what other Jazz fans felt about Zion but I thought he was incredibly overrated because he obviously wasn’t taking care of himself then and he didn’t show a great amount of basketball skill at the time.

I don’t think the comparison is all that salient for Victor as he is devoted to being actually good at basketball, preparing his body, and having his head on straight.

But he’s tall and skinny! Yep, we’ll see what happens. What differentiates them is not that they are opposites in terms of the nature of their freakish physical attributes, it’s that one is and always has been a clown and the other is serious.

Absolutely. He could literally be the face of Zion’s Bank, if that wouldn’t motivate him then idk what would
If he worked on a Tim Duncan mid-range glass shot, he would be blessed with endless bolerisms that may end up being an official sponsor that replaces the Mountain America / Pura / Habitat for Humanity three pointer.