What's new

Zion Williamson?

For the right price I would definitely take a risk on Zion. My price though would not be what the pelicans would take though. For me the price is Kelly O, THT and the minny and cavs 2025 1sts.

For the right price I would definitely take a risk on Zion. My price though would not be what the pelicans would take though. For me the price is Kelly O, THT and the minny and cavs 2025 1sts.
When he plays he is top 5 in the league. You are kidding right?
Pels wont trade him for anything short of a similar impact rookie and we have none

Pels wont trade him for anything short of a similar impact rookie and we have none
He doesn’t play though. And it’s basically because he likes soda and **** more than basketball. Dumbest **** I’ve ever heard.

Like I said in my post the pels wouldn't take that offer but that is the most I would do. His injury history as well as questionable work ethic are huge negatives along with him being in the 1st year of a 5 year rookie max contract. For that risk I'm only willing to give up 2 1sts that will most likely be outside the lottery.

Zion's career is a shame....some combination of bad luck and bad decisions led to this. I'm not going to be a pretentious tool and call him fat and lazy though. You can do everything right, but if your knees give out you still can't play basketball....and when you're a young NBA player I see how easy it could be to fall off the wagon when this happens.

When he was healthy he was one of the best players in the league full stop. I hope he can recover because he is one of the best talents this league has ever seen.

Just looked it up. Zion is only 22. Still lots of time to right the ship, but he doesn't seem to be on the right track currently.

Zion's career is a shame....some combination of bad luck and bad decisions led to this. I'm not going to be a pretentious tool and call him fat and lazy though. You can do everything right, but if your knees give out you still can't play basketball....and when you're a young NBA player I see how easy it could be to fall off the wagon when this happens.

When he was healthy he was one of the best players in the league full stop. I hope he can recover because he is one of the best talents this league has ever seen.
When you're 280 and pushing 300 at 6' 6" and your game is predicated on your athletic burst, failure is inevitable.

But I'm sure having bathrooms full of empty soda bottles has nothing to do with that. I get a lot of pushback for stating basic physiological facts that you can't maintain weight like that without insane caloric intake, so him getting outted by a sex worker about the soda is the least surprising thing I've ever heard.

His best hope at this point is that the shame of his dirty laundry getting aired is actually corrective. But let's not sit here and pretend that his weight is some kind of accident and not the product of a diligent adherence to terrible habits.

Like I said in my post the pels wouldn't take that offer but that is the most I would do. His injury history as well as questionable work ethic are huge negatives along with him being in the 1st year of a 5 year rookie max contract. For that risk I'm only willing to give up 2 1sts that will most likely be outside the lottery.
I think that is speculation at best on your part. I think it is pretty well documented that NOP started micro mang with his body from day one, trying to force him into changing. I think the path to playing more is getting the f out of there., My speculation is he blames them for his current issues, but since they paid him, they get to continue to pay him sit until they trade him. Maybe thats bs on his part and you don't like it, but the man is a franchise level talent, and if his inability to stay on the court is overblown because of politics in NOP someone is getting what they thought they got.

When you're 280 and pushing 300 at 6' 6" and your game is predicated on your athletic burst, failure is inevitable.

But I'm sure having bathrooms full of empty soda bottles has nothing to do with that. I get a lot of pushback for stating basic physiological facts that you can't maintain weight like that without insane caloric intake, so him getting outted by a sex worker about the soda is the least surprising thing I've ever heard.

His best hope at this point is that the shame of his dirty laundry getting aired is actually corrective. But let's not sit here and pretend that his weight is some kind of accident and not the product of a diligent adherence to terrible habits.

You can do everything right and still get injured. Players lose their careers all the time due to injury, I feel no need to dogpile on someone to call them fat and I especially don't feel the need to go TMZ style and dig into their personal lives. I'm not saying he did everything right, he obviously has not, but I'm not going to sit on my high horse and pretend like it was all his fault and if he would just show some discipline and stop eating he would be fine. I've seen enough people fall off the wagon and struggle with their demons to be a pretentious prick about it. I don't necessarily feel bad for Zion, but I can recognize that dealing with adversity and falling into bad habits is one of the most human things you can do. As will all kinds of addiction, shaming and resentment isn't the best way to deal with it. I hope he can get things straightened out on and off the court, but the reality is that good health is not guaranteed for anyone and especially for someone who is built like that to begin with.

He wants to be in NY doesn't he? An unmotivated Zion isn't something you want on your roster.
He is exactly the type of guy that NY would historically obtain. In fact, I’d wager that both Isiah Thomas and Scotty Layden are licking their lips at having a second go-around.

I think that is speculation at best on your part. I think it is pretty well documented that NOP started micro mang with his body from day one, trying to force him into changing. I think the path to playing more is getting the f out of there., My speculation is he blames them for his current issues, but since they paid him, they get to continue to pay him sit until they trade him. Maybe thats bs on his part and you don't like it, but the man is a franchise level talent, and if his inability to stay on the court is overblown because of politics in NOP someone is getting what they thought they got.
Dude, have you been living under a rock? His injury history and poor work ethic aren't even debatable at this point. He is still young and has a chance to get his **** together but to blame it on the pelicans is a bunch of bull.

Potentially on the move this summer, would you go after him?
No. Too many injury issues to justify the cost in assets and salary cap. He just can’t stay healthy. I’ve heard nothing but good things about him as a person - despite the TMZ stuff - and I think he’d be a fan favorite. . . but he just doesn’t fit what the jazz need to be focusing on right now.