What's new

Marco Rubio - Jazzman

There was his place here recently called Pizza Rev that I loved (they have closed most locations recently) that worked like Subway but for pizza.
It was the best. 7.99 for a personal pizza. As many toppings as you want.
You would pick your crust first, then sauce, then cheese, then veggies, then meats, then things like hot sauce or garlic or Parmesan at the end.

I would go through and once I got to the end I would tell them to go back to the beginning ad put more cheese over the top of everything.
Then it would go into a fire grilled oven. So damn good. Plus you after they put a particular topping on you could tell them to put more of that topping on. No extra charge (I always asked for more bacon and pepperoni). Always 7.99 no matter how many toppings.

You just described MOD Pizza as well. Very tasty and have lots of locations across the wasatch front, and across the country nowadays (ie not closed if you miss pizza rev).

As I have aged I have come to the universal truth that a plain cheese pizza is the best. I not longer **** w/ anything over 3 toppings.
Gotta say, I started to wonder what the *-ed out word was here...
(And as long as you have some good cheese, like some blue cheese, parmesan, etc, I agree.)

Gotta say, I started to wonder what the *-ed out word was here...
(And as long as you have some good cheese, like some blue cheese, parmesan, etc, I agree.)

picturing you making a pizza completely from bleu cheese. crust, sauce, bleu cheese. sounds awful.

I'm happy as long as I can have BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce as the base.

There's a Mod Pizza in Ogden, apparently. I'll have to check it out sometime.

I'm amused at how threads work - from Marco Rubio's twitter to pizza.

l.jpg

I'm happy as long as I can have BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce as the base.

There's a Mod Pizza in Ogden, apparently. I'll have to check it out sometime.

I'm amused at how threads work - from Marco Rubio's twitter to pizza.

Yeah i live by the one on Riverdale Road. pretty good!

Definitely not a universal truth... unless maybe you're a 5-year-old.
It's a universal truth. It's pizza at it's purest form. A good pizza will test best as just cheese. It allows the dough and sauce to shine. If you dont worship the cheese pie, you arent really a true pizza person.

Most pizza "purists" tend to favor a cheese or simple pizza like a margherita because things like sausages, meats, and aromatic veggies can snuff out the flavor of the sauce, which IMO, is the most pivotal ingredient of a good pizza.

I still love pizzas with a ton of toppings on them. Or weird eclectic takes on pizza as a "blank canvas" approach. but i usually end up enjoying those varieties mainly for the toppings themselves, and not as "sum of the parts" package. The crust and sauce just become a delivery vehicle for the toppings, where as a "purist" pizza allows you to judge the entirety of the pizza in its most inherent form.

But seriously, you knobs. We know we have drama queens on the board (all respect due), but the real question is,

WTF is Marco Rubio a Jazzfan and why? Can you guys expend your energy more usefully and do some investigation? Is it the Republican bonding thing? Like, Utah is a conservative state and he's a Floridian Cuban whose family fled Communist Cuba? C'mon you gies. *THINK*
His family moved to Vegas and they joined the LDS Church. Maybe there’s a Jazz connection in there, somewhere.

If you’ve never had DiFara’s, then you’ve never lived. It’s like you’re a child carrying around your dad’s Playboys telling people how cool sex is. Trust me.

This man just stands over his counter making his pies all day. He cuts the basil by hand. Stands by the oven, all day, five days a week. I got really high with my best friend once and went to DiFara’s. We watched Him make our pizzas. There was a line out the door. It took two hours. When He gave us our pies, it felt like what I imagine the pioneers felt when they entered the Salt Lake Valley. To this day, I am convinced He is my very own father.

We were really high.