What's new

Marco Rubio - Jazzman

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

This is a picture of Dad.

Reading this taught me that I need to seriously up my pizza game. Small town and Papa Johns was the best. Haven’t even heard of most/all of these places.

Reactions: UB
You just described MOD Pizza as well. Very tasty and have lots of locations across the wasatch front, and across the country nowadays (ie not closed if you miss pizza rev).

Gonna have to look into this.

Most pizza "purists" tend to favor a cheese or simple pizza like a margherita because things like sausages, meats, and aromatic veggies can snuff out the flavor of the sauce, which IMO, is the most pivotal ingredient of a good pizza.

I might have to fight you on that one. Pizza starts and ends with the crust. A great crust can easily make up for merely adequate sauce. But not the other way around, not even close.

I might have to fight you on that one. Pizza starts and ends with the crust. A great crust can easily make up for merely adequate sauce. But not the other way around, not even close.

I sat and thought about your stance for a minute. I do love a good crust. But to me the difference between a good and bad crust is less in the flavor and more in the texture. IMO the sauce is the most influential on the taste palette though. it usually sports a much wider range of flavors, spices, acidities, high and low notes, sweetness, etc. The dough brings a much more subtle, and less varied experience to the table. For me, the texture of the crust is far more important than the flavor, and therefore the sauce is most influential on the overall taste of the pizza.

I've had lots of tolerable pizzas with sub-par crusts but great sauce. Can't say with a straight face that i'd enjoy a pizza with good crust but bad sauce slathered over it.