What's new

Zach Lowe: Paul George would love to play with Gordon Hayward

Favs, diaw, #24, OKC 1st for Love. Maybe Indiana gets to dump Ellis on Cleveland.

Would ainge pony up more for George hoping it'd get him Hayward too. We need to get in on this. George going to Cleveland would be great though... would mean the east isn't a guaranteed better route to the finals.

No way in hell would we put Hood on the table. We get George for a year rental and Hayward signs a 1+1. Jazz would still be in trouble of losing Hayward next year.

Hood is on a one year deal... restricted after that but I'm still not convinced he will live up to his next deal.

Hood a pretty average player at this point. Also can't stay healthy.

Even if it's one year it'd be fun.

Woj reporting that PG has informed the Pacers that he intends to leave next offseason and that they are looking into the "rental" market for him. I think he would assure that Hayward stays, so what would you give up?

Favors + Burks + both 1st round picks this year.

I believe the Cavs will offer K.Love in a swap but imo he doesn't fit their rebuild model if/when PG13 leaves. Utah can offer picks plus Favors in a contract year who could play next to Turner and a motivated Burks. Hopefully teams haven't forgot how great Favors is when healthy.

Considering it is a one year rental I wouldn't offer much else; Hood, Exum would be off the table.

U don't know that... it probably won't happen though.

They arent going to give up any long-term pieces to get George. Hood could potentially get you up to 12 in the draft. You trade Favors, one of the picks this year, and one of the picks next year. That is as far as you go.

They arent going to give up any long-term pieces to get George. Hood could potentially get you up to 12 in the draft. You trade Favors, one of the picks this year, and one of the picks next year. That is as far as you go.
I agree with that. And honestly, are we willing to sell off part of the future for one year of Paul George? If we knew Hayward would sign a long term deal, then I say yes. But Hayward won't show his hand until late in my opinion.

Paul George is perfect for the Cavs. They could trade Love to Indy and get it done pretty quickly. They could try to convince Chris Paul to join for one big year for that big 4 to chase a title. PG would help Cleveland contend but he wont get bashed by the media because he was traded there. If he stays, its for winning. If he leaves, its for home. Win Win.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

You agree that anyone in the market for PG13 as a 'one year rental' would be in win now mode?

I'd think the teams we would be competing against would be;

Spurs - Who would be unlikely to give up much for a one year rental, but may look at it as a chance to move Aldridge
Cavs - Swap for K.Love or Tristan Thompson plus maybe a Korver...
Celtics - 1 of their numerous 1st round picks would suffice imo
Maybe Wizards - Morris + picks??

I'd like to think teams would still see the potential in a healthy Favors. Where does a Favors + multiple 1st round picks put us in the pecking order?

You mean like when the traded a draft pick for a far inferior player than him last year?

Hood would be coming off the bench if we got George and he has not played well there. Hood also hasn't played well for awhile and can't stay healthy. Some team will over pay for him if FA, especially if he does play decent,and I think we let him go. I think Hood will be traded. George is a perfect trade for him.

Although they might just want picks so in that case I would trade Burk's and a filler contact like diaw and a couple first round picks and maybe a third like the OKC pick.

I might be wrong about this. But the thing that Indy might want most is talent that can grow with Turner. Favors seems a few years off from this. Hood might fit, barely. But Exum and Lyles are the most obvious fits age-wise. Don't know if that moves the meter for either them or us.

I might be wrong about this. But the thing that Indy might want most is talent that can grow with Turner. Favors seems a few years off from this. Hood might fit, barely. But Exum and Lyles are the most obvious fits age-wise. Don't know if that moves the meter for either them or us.

Picks tho

Lyles, Favs, #24, okc pick for love or George. I think it'd seal the deal with Hayward. Love isn't the terrible defender he used to be and Gobert could help out a bit there. If Hayward bolted love could carry much more of the offensive burden.

I'm not a big believer in Hood so if he's needed I would be okay with that. Both dudes are all stars and Hood may top out as a good starter if he can stay healthy. I wouldn't give the guy away for free but I think he's overated

Paul George is perfect for the Cavs. They could trade Love to Indy and get it done pretty quickly. They could try to convince Chris Paul to join for one big year for that big 4 to chase a title. PG would help Cleveland contend but he wont get bashed by the media because he was traded there. If he stays, its for winning. If he leaves, its for home. Win Win.

CP3 signing a minimum deal?

Trading it all for George seems cool but is dumb. We look like fools to give it all up for 1 year. We look desperate for relevance. And I have doubts about our chances....