What's new

1/10/2015: Jazz @ Rockets 6PM MST

Just wondering: you diagnosed the cancer and delegated Enes to the bench, but what makes you guys think Kanter will accept being the 3rd big off the bench for the Jazz? Doesn't it make sense that given the chance, he should at least choose to hold the same position in a bigger market team?
I hope they give Snyder enough charge to skip this kind of playet ego related pull backs. If a player is signed, there can be no guarantee he will start. If e.g. he does not try on defense, he immediately gets back to the bench. If he doesn't accept these terms, no need to sign.

I am sorry Enes haters but if Jazz extended Burks, there is no way they will get rid of Kanter. Burks is inconsistent shooter, black hole on offense and mediocre on defense yet somehow he gets pass on this board because of his cute Houdini layups.

Too bad Kanter's best position is the 5-- even though we have two other players on our roster who are better at that position than Enes. Favors is a better 4 than Enes.

With Burks-- as you can tell-- we are pretty damn depleted at the SG position.

Very reasonable to assume that Kanter is let go of, and we funnel our money elsewhere-- to a stretch 4 or to a defensive wing, as some have suggested. If Booker can keep his long-distance shooting at the percentage it's at right now (pretty damn impressive) while raising his attempts, he's more than fine as a 3rd big. Use the rest of our funds to get a 3nD, hope Burke & Exum improve, and our rebuild is officially complete.

I am sorry Enes haters but if Jazz extended Burks, there is no way they will get rid of Kanter. Burks is inconsistent shooter, black hole on offense and mediocre on defense yet somehow he gets pass on this board because of his cute Houdini layups.
Cute enough to become a franchise player. Gimme a Burks with consistent shooting any day of the season. He is great when he wants to play hard. Hard, but cool in the nerves.

Too bad Kanter's best position is the 5-- even though we have two other players on our roster who are better at that position than Enes. Favors is a better 4 than Enes.
Bulked up Enes is better than Favors at C.
With Burks-- as you can tell-- we are pretty damn depleted at the SG position.
As in going 4-5 after his injury and 9-18 with Burks playing?

Or maybe having ORTG 101 and DRTG 98.3 in the last games 9 without Burks vs ORTG 104.1 and DRTG 107.4 in the last 9 games with Burks?
I am not even taking all games with Burks this season to make it fair.
Very reasonable to assume that Kanter is let go of, and we funnel our money elsewhere-- to a stretch 4 or to a defensive wing, as some have suggested. If Booker can keep his long-distance shooting at the percentage it's at right now (pretty damn impressive) while raising his attempts, he's more than fine as a 3rd big. Use the rest of our funds to get a 3nD, hope Burke & Exum improve, and our rebuild is officially complete.
It's reasonable to believe it's probable but not assume.

Bulked up Enes is better than Favors at C.

It doesn't even matter if that's true (it isn't), cuz Gobert > Kanter. So, who are you gonna play at the 4?

As in going 4-5 after his injury and 9-18 with Burks playing?

Or maybe having ORTG 101 and DRTG 98.3 in the last games 9 without Burks vs ORTG 104.1 and DRTG 107.4 in the last 9 games with Burks?
I am not even taking all games with Burks this season to make it fair.

lol. 'Fair'? Really? So you think it's 'fair' to base our recent successes on Burks being injured? Baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cute enough to become a franchise player. Gimme a Burks with consistent shooting any day of the season. He is great when he wants to play hard. Hard, but cool in the nerves.
Burks has too low IQ to become a franchise player. Same flock as Enes. He is Nick Young in the making.

lol. 'Fair'? Really? So you think it's 'fair' to base our recent successes on Burks being injured? Baffling.
Yes, really.
Our success is not based on Burks injury, but I am saying Burks' injury made zero negative impact on Jazz success. Maybe even contributed to it because Burks sucks on defense and either invisible on offense or a ballhog.

Yes, really.
Our success is not based on Burks injury, but I am saying Burks' injury made zero negative impact on Jazz success. Maybe even contributed to it because Burks sucks on defense and either invisible on offense or a ballhog.

1) Still wondering who you plan on playing at the 4, between Favors & Kanter
2) You're right. Thank God we had Elliot Williams backing up Burks. What a defensive stalwart he is. Plays super well within an offense too. Don't even get me started on Joe "Bruce Bowen" Ingles.

1) Still wondering who you plan on playing at the 4, between Favors & Kanter
2) You're right. Thank God we had Elliot Williams backing up Burks. What a defensive stalwart he is. Plays super well within an offense too. Don't even get me started on Joe "Bruce Bowen" Ingles.

1. There is no C and PF in Jazz offense. They are big men. On defense play the best match up.
2. That's most disturbing about it. Having Millsap and Ingles replacing Burks didn't hurt us at all on either end.

Lol. You say Burks was a black hole.
Hayward took the most shots per game
Burke took the second most shots per game
Favors took the third most shots per game
Kanter took the fourth most shots per game
Burks took the fifth most shots per game.
Burks was second on the team in minutes btw (Hayward was first)

Burks was actually a very willing passer who didn't shoot that much.

His outside shooting was the most consistent of anyone on the jazz this year of any of the main rotation players. (Over 38%)
Burks is also #1 on the team in free throw percentage

You were right about his defense though.

Lol. You say Burks was a black hole.
Hayward took the most shots per game
Burke took the second most shots per game
Favors took the third most shots per game
Kanter took the fourth most shots per game
Burks took the fifth most shots per game.
Burks was second on the team in minutes btw (Hayward was first)

Burks was actually a very willing passer who didn't shoot that much.

His outside shooting was the most consistent of anyone on the jazz this year of any of the main rotation players. (Over 38%)
Burks is also #1 on the team in free throw percentage

You were right about his defense though.

I never said Burks is a chucker. He is a black hole stalling Jazz offense with aimless dribbling and horrific pick and roll play. Maybe it's his injury or Snyder instructions but his penetration drives this season are mostly toothless.
Inconsistent shooting is mostly him taking long jumpers which sometimes sink, but mostly not. His set 3pt shot is good this season, I agree. He also notorious for taking bad shots early in the clock late in fourth. We lost some close games because of that this season alone.

1. There is no C and PF in Jazz offense. They are big men. On defense play the best match up.

False-- but cute and idealistic, nonetheless. Unfortunately, the NBA is about roles, and roles need to be discrete and defined. Who are you going to regularly start with Gobert moving forward?

2. That's most disturbing about it. Having Millsap and Ingles replacing Burks didn't hurt us at all on either end.

Primarily because we had improvements in other areas of the roster to balance the drop-off in 2-guard production: namely the emergence of Trey Burke, and Rudy Gobert. Basketball is a team-sport. Of course, you're being intentionally disingenuous so I'm not surprised that you cannot fathom this.

I never said Burks is a chucker. He is a black hole stalling Jazz offense with aimless dribbling and horrific pick and roll play. Maybe it's his injury or Snyder instructions but his penetration drives this season are mostly toothless.
Inconsistent shooting is mostly him taking long jumpers which sometimes sink, but mostly not. His set 3pt shot is good this season, I agree. He also notorious for taking bad shots early in the clock late in fourth. We lost some close games because of that this season alone.

Loving the conjectures you're pulling out of your ***, with minimal factual basis behind them.

False-- but cute and idealistic, nonetheless. Unfortunately, the NBA is about roles, and roles need to be discrete and defined. Who are you going to regularly start with Gobert moving forward?
At this point it's Favors hands down.
Primarily because we had improvements in other areas of the roster to balance the drop-off in 2-guard production: namely the emergence of Trey Burke, and Rudy Gobert. Basketball is a team-sport. Of course, you're being intentionally disingenuous so I'm not surprised that you cannot fathom this.
Lol, so Gobert's minutes increased by 7 and one of the worst starting PG's in the league replaced Burks' production. Oh, Joe "Bum" Ingles, Dante "Little Hope" Exum and Elliot "Who?" Williams also contributed, pardon me.
What a stud!

At this point it's Favors hands down.

Of course-- Favors stringing together repeated 20/10 games had a huge factor in our recent successes. Unless Kanter accepts 3rd-big money and role, then he has no spot on this team.

Lol, so Gobert's minutes increased by 7 and one of the worst starting PG's in the league replaced Burks' production. Oh, Joe "Bum" Ingles, Dante "Little Hope" Exum and Elliot "Who?" Williams also contributed, pardon me.
What a stud!

See above. Also, Burke quite often matched the play of some top-shelf PGs over the past couple weeks-- he might have been the worst starting PG several weeks ago, but recently that's changing.

But again-- you have an agenda. The fact that you avoid discussing on a factual basis asserts this. Not sure why I'm bothering.

See above. Also, Burke quite often matched the play of some top-shelf PGs over the past couple weeks-- he might have been the worst starting PG several weeks ago, but recently that's changing.
As a huge Burke critic, I can admit that. I'm a Jazz fan first, so I've always said I hope I'm wrong about Trey. If he can play like he has the pat two weeks, especially his shooting and defense, the Jazz are a MUCH better team.

The huge factor in all of this, which Hayward, Favors and Burke have mentioned, is having the Big Eraser behind them. Make a mistake and Gobert can often cover. Even if he doesn't block a shot, his shadow often causes players to double clutch, which gives the original defender a chance to recover.

But again-- you have an agenda. The fact that you avoid discussing on a factual basis asserts this. Not sure why I'm bothering.

Ahem, I am not saying Burks is a scrub.
I am arguing Burks is not a potential franchise player because in his absence team had +6 Off/Def swing. Better play by Burke and Favors can negate loss of a potentially franchise player in his 4th year but not make team way better.