What's new

1/10/2015: Jazz @ Rockets 6PM MST

Kanter was the only shine on that turd last night. He'll be the third big off the bench this season, and that's great. It's the prefect role for him right now, just like everyone and their dog has said on this site. Don't worry so much about him, we have our dominant front court of the future discovered in GoBallzz and Favors. Kanter will be just fine and valuable player. Let's hope we can keep him on the cheap side.

And let's say we can't keep him for cheap? Do we pay big money for a backup big? Or let him walk for nothing?

Hence, why we need to trade him asap while we still can.

I think we need to realize that this rebuild will never end if we keep allowing talent to leave for nothing. We need to either lock it up long term (ex hayward, burks, favors) or trade it to get something in return.

Letting talent leave for nothing, like what we did to create the entire Hawks team and big al, doesn't work well for us.

Imo, we need to trade Kanter before the deadline. He will be offered serious bucks this summer. We cannot overpay him to fill a backup role for us.

I think we need to realize that this rebuild will never end if we keep allowing talent to leave for nothing. We need to either lock it up long term (ex hayward, burks, favors) or trade it to get something in return.

Letting talent leave for nothing, like what we did to create the entire Hawks team and big al, doesn't work well for us.

Imo, we need to trade Kanter before the deadline. He will be offered serious bucks this summer. We cannot overpay him to fill a backup role for us.

I agree.

I really think Kanter needs to go.

He's a black hole when he gets the ball. Almost like a video game animation after you hit dunk. He will do his thing and shoot no matter double team or who is open.
AND I would be OK with that if he delivered. He does not.

Gobert has made some slick interior passes and he will kick it out to the open 3. I really like this guy.

I wish we did not sign Burks. I think he will be injury prone, Jazz seemed to know that and I do not think he is that smart.

I thought my point was obvious... you credited Al Jefferson for "dragging that wretched franchise to the playoffs", and I was saying that Charlotte made the playoffs last year primarily because of their elite defense and not their 24th ranked offense.

Al Jefferson played better defense in Charlotte, certainly, but he was by no means the reason they were elite defensively.
Jefferson was and is by far thier best player and carried that wretched team to the playoffs.
How did they do before big al got there? How have they done this year since big al has been hurt?

How many rings do Lee, Boozer, and Jefferson have?

This is a dumb thing to say. It's a team sport.
How many rings do tony allen, dwight howard, michael kid gilchrist, andrew bogut, deandre jordan, larry sanders, bismack byombo, beverly, serge ibaka, joakim noah, paul george, chris paul, dikembe mutumbo, patrick ewing, ak, marc gasol, etc..... the list of great defenders without rings is a long one. Just like the list of great offensive players is.

Recently I was watching a GS WArrior game. The announcer suggested that none of the splash bros were the most important players, but Bogut was. Completely agree. Bogut transforms that team.

They should see if memphis would trade them tony allen for steph and then ask the rockets for beverly and give up klay.

With a lineup of beverly, tony allen, bogut, green, and iggy I'm sure that win the championship

Anyone who thinks that steph and klay are not the most important part of that warriors team are total idiots.
How did bogut do before playing with steph and klay? Lots of championships I'm sure

Kanter was the only shine on that turd last night. He'll be the third big off the bench this season, and that's great. It's the prefect role for him right now, just like everyone and their dog has said on this site. Don't worry so much about him, we have our dominant front court of the future discovered in GoBallzz and Favors. Kanter will be just fine and valuable player. Let's hope we can keep him on the cheap side.
This.
Great post

And let's say we can't keep him for cheap? Do we pay big money for a backup big? Or let him walk for nothing?

Hence, why we need to trade him asap while we still can.
Agreed

How have they done this year since big al has been hurt?

They are actually 5-2 this year since big al got hurt :^O

What really hurt the team this year was adding a great defender like lance Stephenson to the team though

Jefferson was and is by far thier best player and carried that wretched team to the playoffs.
How did they do before big al got there? How have they done this year since big al has been hurt?

*sigh*

Look dude, Al Jefferson is their best player... on offense. Charlotte had the 24th ranked offense last year. Do they make the playoffs without Al Jefferson? Probably not. Did Al Jefferson carry or drag that team into the playoffs? No - their 6th ranked defense did. Al Jefferson, while better on that end, was not the reason they were elite defensively.

If you're going to argue this, I wish you'd actually address what I'm saying.

Just wondering: you diagnosed the cancer and delegated Enes to the bench, but what makes you guys think Kanter will accept being the 3rd big off the bench for the Jazz? Doesn't it make sense that given the chance, he should at least choose to hold the same position in a bigger market team?

*sigh*

Look dude, Al Jefferson is their best player... on offense. Charlotte had the 24th ranked offense last year. Do they make the playoffs without Al Jefferson? Probably not. Did Al Jefferson carry or drag that team into the playoffs? No - their 6th ranked defense did. Al Jefferson, while better on that end, was not the reason they were elite defensively.

If you're going to argue this, I wish you'd actually address what I'm saying.
It was brought up that jefferson, david lee, and boozer don't win basketball games.
My original point was that charlotte didn't do dick before that loser named al Jefferson showed up.

It was brought up that jefferson, david lee, and boozer don't win basketball games.
My original point was that charlotte didn't do dick before that loser named al Jefferson showed up.

I don't disagree. I was just disputing the idea that Al Jefferson "dragged" or "carried" that team to the playoffs.

I don't disagree. I was just disputing the idea that Al Jefferson "dragged" or "carried" that team to the playoffs.
Ya, definitely hyperbole on my part. I apologize

Watching the game right now and wondering why Favors sat on the bench so much. Maybe Snyder knew we were not going to win this one and wanted to give him rest. This team needs to run more plays for him and he needs to get the most minutes of our big men.
Unless we are trying to tank this season he needs to be a big part of our offense. He is a good mid range jump shooter and a great around the rim.

Other than that last half of the Rockets game I was pretty pleased with that little 3 game trip. Even up until then the Jazz were in every game.

I am sorry Enes haters but if Jazz extended Burks, there is no way they will get rid of Kanter. Burks is inconsistent shooter, black hole on offense and mediocre on defense yet somehow he gets pass on this board because of his cute Houdini layups.