What's new

1/10/2015: Jazz @ Rockets 6PM MST

Quin Snyder in post game.

"I see a team that played incredibly hard."

"That's as hard as any team that I've had, played."

Said he liked the effort from everyone "to a man."

On the TOs: "We made mistakes. Whether it's fatigue...I didn't feel we were weak, we just made some plays that were like wow, that's not where we should have passed it."

Liked Kanter's physicality on the glass. Said he's a big part of what the Jazz are doing and he's glad Kanter is healthy.

Didn't see him have very many, if any. Good for him.

Off this logic tho, Elliot Williams had fewer turnovers than Millsap. Which of the two should we keep?

Did Elliot also score the ball well?

Seeing as you're suffering from amnesia fish, I've decided to re-quote our convo.

Kanter kept the jazz afloat in the first half with Hayward out (I believe he had a positive in the plus minus category) and looking good for his first game back

Jazz deffs lost a lot of points in the 2nd when Kanter checked in.

I think you should look it up if ya can.

Actually im watching on dvr. I will rewind and tell ya the truth

*fish then tells me that Kanter kept them afloat for most of the 1st quarter*

*then he says he never made any claim regarding the second quarter, even though I was 'wrong' when I made that claim*

somehow, fish is right and I'm not. ??

so basically, you're point is that we should look past one stat to justify whether a player played well or not. Which was my point, actually-- aka we shouldn't just look at turnover numbers to show that Kanter had a good game or not. There's loads of things that need to be taken into account. Scoring. Defense. rebounding. Turnovers. Transition D. Transition O. Spacing. Passing. Etc.

Then why base Kanter's performance just off of turnovers

I'm saying that when kanter was on the court in the first half the jazz played the rockets pretty even.
I wonder if you understand that scoring points help win games too.

Lol.

No fish, I had no idea.

et-elliott.jpg

Ell-i-ooott.

Am I missing something here? I just don't want a legitimate fan to feel unwelcome, if this is legit here, that is. I assume you know something I don't?

Peeks is always mean to alts. Took him months to appreciate George.

Seeing as you're suffering from amnesia fish, I've decided to re-quote our convo.

*fish then tells me that Kanter kept them afloat for most of the 1st quarter*

*then he says he never made any claim regarding the second quarter, even though I was 'wrong' when I made that claim*

somehow, fish is right and I'm not. ??
I think we may both be right.
I remember kanter keeping us afloat in the first half. I went back and checked and he did a pretty good job. (Lost one point during his stretch and scored 6 points in 6 minutes and played good defense)
You say he killed us in the 2 quarter. Maybe his did kill us later In that second quarter after his good stretch in the early part of the second.

Am I missing something here? I just don't want a legitimate fan to feel unwelcome, if this is legit here, that is. I assume you know something I don't?

OK, as always you're on the inside track here it seems.

An obvious alt. Not that I care. But I expect all alts to check with me first before being allowed to 'act' like they are a newb. Doesn't fly.
And I am not kidding.
I am.

so basically, you're point is that we should look past one stat to justify whether a player played well or not. Which was my point, actually-- aka we shouldn't just look at turnover numbers to show that Kanter had a good game or not. There's loads of things that need to be taken into account. Scoring. Defense. rebounding. Turnovers. Transition D. Transition O. Spacing. Passing. Etc.

Then why base Kanter's performance just off of turnovers

I was basing it off scoring, shooting percentage, free throw percentage, turnovers, rebounding, man defense, plus minus. He played good in more aspects of the game than he played bad imo.
Williams sucked in basically every aspect of the game