What's new

1/10/2015: Jazz @ Rockets 6PM MST

Ahem, I am not saying Burks is a scrub.
I am arguing Burks is not a potential franchise player because in his absence team had +6 Off/Def swing. Better play by Burke and Favors can negate loss of a potentially franchise player in his 4th year but not make team way better.

potential franchise player ?? lol
Kanter has potential and i like a lot of things about him, but he basically collects some baskets and doesn't influence the game one iota

potential franchise player ?? lol
Kanter has potential and i like a lot of things about him, but he basically collects some baskets and doesn't influence the game one iota
Exactly, Burks and Kanter to me are in the same mold. They are solid rotational players at this point giving you a different look. Kanter still has more upside left in him but my hope deflates with every game tbh.

Ahem, I am not saying Burks is a scrub.
I am arguing Burks is not a potential franchise player because in his absence team had +6 Off/Def swing. Better play by Burke and Favors can negate loss of a potentially franchise player in his 4th year but not make team way better.

I'm glad you're arguing that Burks isn't a franchise player with me, even though I have never said anything close to that since the second he joined this Jazz team.

We got in this discussion because you believed that Burks getting a contract meant Kanter was getting one as well. I disagreed-- that was the discussion we were supposed to have.

I'm glad you back-pedalled on your stance, but I'm not sure why you're arguing this with me now. Burks is not our franchise player, and I doubt he ever will be. And that's perfectly fine. He doesn't need to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you're arguing that Burks isn't a franchise player with me, even though I have never said anything close to that since the second he joined this Jazz team.

We got in this discussion because you believed that Burks getting a contract meant Kanter was getting one as well. I disagreed-- that was the discussion we were supposed to have.

I'm glad you back-pedalled on your stance, but I'm not sure why you're arguing this with me now. Burks is not our franchise player, and I doubt he ever will be. And that's perfectly fine. He doesn't need to be.
Fair enough then.
My point still stands though - I don't see Kanter going anywhere unless he opts for QO and one of the reasons for that is because we extended Burks.

I think we extended Burks because we had a better idea of his value and the two sides were close enough to compromise and get the deal done. Maybe the Jazz ultimately went a little higher than they wanted, but with the cap going up in 2 years, DL probably thought there was a bigger chance of Burls getting a higher offer this summer, especially since he was now a starter (it only takes 1 team!).

With Enes, I just don't see how you could have determined value. Is he a starter? Is he a backup? We're now 38 games in (instead of 2) and I still don't think he's established his value. Also, I think it's important to give him an incentive to work hard during the season. If he shows significant improvement, you gladly match an offer. If he remains close to what he was last season, you cut ties and be glad you didn't offer a big deal.

Bulked up Enes is better than Favors at C.

As in going 4-5 after his injury and 9-18 with Burks playing?

Or maybe having ORTG 101 and DRTG 98.3 in the last games 9 without Burks vs ORTG 104.1 and DRTG 107.4 in the last 9 games with Burks?

I am not even taking all games with Burks this season to make it fair.

It's reasonable to believe it's probable but not assume.

lol. nevermind the fact that Gobert has played increased minutes since Burks has gone down.

Howard and Garnett got into it tonight in Brooklyn - Dwight is obviously still shell shocked about facing Rudy the other night

Like extra 7 minutes? Maybe Gobert is our SGOTF?
I already addressed this earlier.
7 minutes is actually a pretty significant increase

Howard and Garnett got into it tonight in Brooklyn - Dwight is obviously still shell shocked about facing Rudy the other night
Punches thrown?

Punches thrown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtmpEPNiqB4

Summary: Dwight touches Garnett after the foul call. You know Garnett, he is sensitive to those type of human contact. A sudden erection of Garnett's nerve ends led to him merely swinging his hand to Dwight. Then Dwight out of reflex and hatred to his opponent retaliated with a no look swish. Then Garnett reached the climax by throwing the ball and headbutting Dwight. While everyone was breaking the fight up, Dwight managed to reach his arm one last time to push Garnett, which was ineffective due to the loss of vector power against opposite vectors. Garnett tried to do the "It's OK I'm cool." and then keep attacking crap, but someone pushed him back.

The question is;

Would you enjoy the games were if your team had a daffy dude that does the **** Garnett does all the time? Or would it spoil the experience for you?

For me, I would enjoy at times, but if it went to often and a circus act-wise b.s., it would start to spoil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtmpEPNiqB4

Summary: Dwight touches Garnett after the foul call. You know Garnett, he is sensitive to those type of human contact. A sudden erection of Garnett's nerve ends led to him merely swinging his hand to Dwight. Then Dwight out of reflex and hatred to his opponent retaliated with a no look swish. Then Garnett reached the climax by throwing the ball and headbutting Dwight. While everyone was breaking the fight up, Dwight managed to reach his arm one last time to push Garnett, which was ineffective due to the loss of vector power against opposite vectors. Garnett tried to do the "It's OK I'm cool." and then keep attacking crap, but someone pushed him back.

Wow that was pretty wild. Garnett over-reacted like usual