What's new

14th Tank Platoon

Looks like Rondo's "Celtics Pride" call out to his teammates making them put extra effort to win games like the one against Bobcats, so i was expecting a "Lakers pride" speech by Kobe but it didn't happen. Instead he said "i am willing to mentor Wiggins and Parker" which is another way of saying "I approve the tank, we got to get either one of these guys. **** the Lakers pride! This is Hollywood!"

The Lakers game on Monday is huge!

That game will probably be the difference between finishing 6th and finishing 4th (or with a lot of luck, 3rd).

Finishing 4th nets us roughly a 37% chance of a top-3 pick, while ending up in 6th drops those chances to about 21%.

A 6th place finish would mean roughly a 78% chance of picking 6th through 8th in the draft. Whereas finishing 4th decreases those chances to just 16% for a 6th pick, 1% for a 7th pick and 0% for an 8th pick.

So yeah the result of the Lakers game will likely have a big impact on the future of this franchise.

That game will probably be the difference between finishing 6th and finishing 4th (or with a lot of luck, 3rd).

Finishing 4th nets us roughly a 37% chance of a top-3 pick, while ending up in 6th drops those chances to about 21%.

A 6th place finish would mean roughly a 78% chance of picking 6th through 8th in the draft. Whereas finishing 4th decreases those chances to just 16% for a 6th pick, 1% for a 7th pick and 0% for an 8th pick.

So yeah the result of the Lakers game will likely have a big impact on the future of this franchise.

And sadly, the Jazz will come out guns blazing while the Lakers willingly tank.

Jazz by 12+

£¥£

Well if we are going to win then I want to be a blow out by 50 points with Burks going ham and Burke with 20 assists.

You do realize that just because the Jazz have the worst record doesn't mean that they will get the 3rd pick right? Hell, You could have the worst record overall in the league and still only get the 4th pick in the draft. This season ended up to be what it should have been: a bad season when all of our youth got major playing time. Luckily, with how deep this year's draft is, we will get another great young player to help our team.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

This is like that Jazz vs GSW a few years back ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

WE NEED TO LOSE THIS GAME. IT'S PIVOTAL TO OUR FUTURE FOR YEARS TO COME!!!!

You do realize that just because the Jazz have the worst record doesn't mean that they will get the 3rd pick right? Hell, You could have the worst record overall in the league and still only get the 4th pick in the draft. This season ended up to be what it should have been: a bad season when all of our youth got major playing time. Luckily, with how deep this year's draft is, we will get another great young player to help our team.

With 40 percent of our starting roster being vets....

This is like that Jazz vs GSW a few years back ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

WE NEED TO LOSE THIS GAME. IT'S PIVOTAL TO OUR FUTURE FOR YEARS TO COME!!!!

You know I love me some HottieNickk but this is hyperbole. Truth be told, Draft is a crapshoot, draft is deep and we still have the lottery... If we finished 6th worst we could still land in the top 3. I understand that our chances increase the worse we are in the standings, but nevertheless.

You know I love me some HottieNickk but this is hyperbole. Truth be told, Draft is a crapshoot and we still have the lottery... If we finished 6th worst we could still land in the top 3. I understand that our chances increase the worse we are in the standings, but nevertheless.

Yeah, but you're nearly DOUBLING your chances of landing in the lottery though. That's gotta be a good thing for SIMPLY LOSING ONE GAME.

ONE GAME!!!!!!

Yeah, but you're nearly DOUBLING your chances of landing in the lottery though. That's gotta be a good thing for SIMPLY LOSING ONE GAME.

ONE GAME!!!!!!

Yeah, but there might not be that big a difference between Randle and Parker, or Exum and Wiggins. Just saying, draft is pretty deep. Maybe we'll get lucky with the 5th pick. The Heat sure did after the Pistons took Darko over Wade, Bosh, and Melo.

images

Yeah, but there might not be that big a difference between Randle and Parker, or Exum and Wiggins. Just saying, draft is pretty deep. Maybe we'll get lucky with the 5th pick. The Heat sure did after the Pistons took Darko over Wade, Bosh, and Melo.

It's not only you increasing your chance, cos at the same time you're reducing another team's chance of landing in the lottery.

It's like you blocking a 3pt shot at one end, and dribble down the floor to get a 3 pointer. It's a 6 point swing.

It's not only you increasing your chance, cos at the same time you're reducing another team's chance of landing in the lottery.

It's like you blocking a 3pt shot at one end, and dribble down the floor to get a 3 pointer. It's a 6 point swing.

You must be Asian... you think like one haha

ONE GAME!!!!!!

THIS... 10000000000000000000 times!!

Not only is it ONE game, but it's ONE game in which a win would be completely 100% irrelevant.

Meaningless win, or loss that almost doubles our chances in the lottery? It's a no-brainer.

THIS... 10000000000000000000 times!!

Not only is it ONE game, but it's ONE game in which a win would be completely 100% irrelevant.

Meaningless win, or loss that almost doubles our chances in the lottery? It's a no-brainer.

It is true and I agree. Obviously, I hope we lose but I was just trying to make the point to KKKKKkkkkKKKK that nothing is certain with the draft. He said that its pivotal for years to come. I was only saying that nothing is certain. Even if we land in the top 3 nothing is certain.

But yes, I do understand that our chances of nabbing a game changer go up with a top 3 pick. or even the 4th pick.