What's new

2011 draft.....

Jeremy Tyler's an intriguing prospect. Given two years overseas, I gotta think he's seen and experienced some things that should make him a bit more mature than many of these prospects. He also had the best standing reach and wingspan this year I think, and according to a few GM's and scouts per Chad Ford's article, would have been a lottery pick this year had he gone the more traditional route.

By no means am I saying to draft him at #12 but let's say we can draft Kanter and in a trade with Washington get Knight at #6 as well as pick up there #18, we could then get Singleton at #12 and Tyler at #18.

We'd have hopefully picked up our pg of the future, an elite wing defender, and a potentially very strong interior presence in Tyler.

He'll have a Kwame Brown like career at best imo.

Why do I feel like if Nikola Vucevic was coming over from Europe instead of playing in the states that he would be a top-10 pick? I'm not saying that we should draft him, I just like him as a player. Random thought of the day.

So funny. Me too. I was looking at his stats today. Kid's only 20, scored around 17+ a game I think, grabbed 10 rebounds, shot around 33% if I remember correctly from 3. He has a hell of a standing reach and wingspan I think and isn't frail coming in at about 260. There's a lot to like there.

So funny. Me too. I was looking at his stats today. Kid's only 20, scored around 17+ a game I think, grabbed 10 rebounds, shot around 33% if I remember correctly from 3. He has a hell of a standing reach and wingspan I think and isn't frail coming in at about 260. There's a lot to like there.

Sounds like he might have worked himself into the mid first round range now. Those Montenegrins can play bball.

Why do I feel like if Nikola Vucevic was coming over from Europe instead of playing in the states that he would be a top-10 pick? I'm not saying that we should draft him, I just like him as a player. Random thought of the day.
Agree 100%. Alot of 7-footers have gone right at the beginning of the 2nd-round and turned out to be quality bigs (DeAndre Jordan, Paul Davis, Nikola Pekovic and Omar Asik).

Jeremy Tyler's an intriguing prospect. Given two years overseas, I gotta think he's seen and experienced some things that should make him a bit more mature than many of these prospects. He also had the best standing reach and wingspan this year I think, and according to a few GM's and scouts per Chad Ford's article, would have been a lottery pick this year had he gone the more traditional route.

By no means am I saying to draft him at #12 but let's say we can draft Kanter and in a trade with Washington get Knight at #6 as well as pick up there #18, we could then get Singleton at #12 and Tyler at #18.

We'd have hopefully picked up our pg of the future, an elite wing defender, and a potentially very strong interior presence in Tyler.

I think this is the right line of thinking, if the Jazz believe they can get a player at 6, then Washington is a good trade partner. I love getting Singleton at 12, and Tyler as well as Thompson or Brooks could be nice gets at 18. It just depends on what you see being available at 6. If Knight is going to be at 6, hell yes move down. Maybe even for Biyombo. But the Jazz would also look stupid if they moved down and Irving dropped to 3...

Just for fun - not 'cause the Jazz are drafting him - but I wanna ask Dr. Xthren his take on Jereme Tyler.
'cause my inner psychologist was evaluating him during his interview and I'd like his professional input.

If we've learned anything from drafting Deron Williams, trading the #3 pick for the #6 (to Washington) is a bad idea.

This is a 3, maybe 4-player draft.

Jeremy Tyler interview (for analytical purposes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bjMSNSlyyBQ

This isn't the one I saw during the combine but this is another one.

FYI - Out of 86 mocks 47% have the Jazz taking Knight, 33% have us taking Kanter and 14% have us taking Williams with the 3rd pick in the draft.

I'm a little more impressed with Jeremy Tyler than I was. I think I still see a kid that could throw immature tantrums at times but he does look like more together than I thought. I dunno. It'll be interesting to see the athletic numbers when they come out, because Tyler looked impressive there. He might shoot up draft boards.

Tyler is a kid with a ton of talent. The problem is he knows it. I wonder is he will work out in the offseason and work on his game. I don't know for a fact other then just watching him but he didn't go to college because he want smart enough or didn't want to work on shool work. He lied about going over seas to get better.

If we had the 18th or higher pick he might be worth it. He didn't dominate over seas and that concerns me.

FYI - Out of 86 mocks 47% have the Jazz taking Knight, 33% have us taking Kanter and 14% have us taking Williams with the 3rd pick in the draft.

How many had us taking Hayward? 0% of the big ones I believe. They are good to research players on, but KOC has scouts watching these guys that tell him infinitely more information than Givony or Ford has access to.

Yeah, Tyler's answer that he went overseas to challenge himself was spin. I wonder if it would've done him good or bad to be honest that he didn't want to have to go to class.

Did anyone catch Jordan Hamilton's interview up now at DX? I thought he was impressive in his interview. But I think there are more interesting SF prospects in 2012.

Did anyone catch Jordan Hamilton's interview up now at DX? I thought he was impressive in his interview. But I think there are more interesting SF prospects in 2012.

Leonard is the only better SF (if you don't count Williams as a SF at least).

Yeah, I loved it. Probably my favorite interview. Hearing a player acknowledge their current perceived weaknesses and those of their past mean a lot to me.