What's new

2013 Chicago Combine May 15-19

Measurements coming in.....

Gery Woelfel @GeryWoelfel Speaking of big men: Rudy Gobert was measured at 7-1 1/2 WITHOUT shoes. Has 7-8 1/2 wing span.

Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI Cody Zeller says he interviewed with Toronto, Portland, Houston and Boston. Denies wingspan is 6-8. Says closer to 6-11. (Read that Zeller is trying to sell himself as a stretch 4, trouble is he's not much of a shooter).

Rick Bonnell @rick_bonnell Bobcats have interviewed Gonzaga 7-footer Kelly Olynyk, who figures to go no higher than 11th. Trade-back scenario?

Yannis Koutroupis @YannisHW I expect teams to really fall in love with Dieng. Just a great kid, willing to play in any system. Says he sees some of himself in Hibbert.

Jason Quick @jwquickBucknell's Mike Muscala - a stretch 4 who was coined by ESPN's Chad Ford as a "super sleeper" - says he has workout scheduled with Portland

Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI Bucknell's Mike Muscala says he is only scheduled to interview w/two teams: Sacramento and Atlanta. Says he will do "9 or 10" workouts after.

Chris Littman @chrislittmann How many guys throw down windmills in fullcourt NBA Draft Combine workouts? Tony Mitchell (North Texas) just did. (Mitchel and CJ Leslie headline my "I wouldn't touch them in the Draft" all-star team. I also realize by saying that the Jazz are gauranteed to get atleast one of them.)

Last edited:
They finally talked about Schroder, but didn't have a ton to add to what we already know. They compared him to Rondo a lot, said he's expected to go mid 1st. That's about it.

Mcw

Rick Bonnell @rick_bonnell Bobcats have interviewed Michael Carter-Williams, the 6-6 point guard from Syracuse. He models himself after Jason Kidd.

Rick Bonnell @rick_bonnell Carter-Williams would give Bobcats a bigger alternative at the point. But he's a poor jump-shooter. They already have plenty of those.

Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes PG Michael Carter-Williams says he's hearing he could go anywhere from 3-15 in the upcoming draft.

Jason Quick @jwquick Syracuse guard Michael Carter-Williams said he interviewed yesterday with Blazers...Carter-Williams said Blazers asked him about his body language (which he says could be better) and whether he would accept coming off bench...Carter-Williams said he thinks he can play both PG and SG and that his size allows him to defend SG...Michael Carter-Williams said he also interviewed with OKC, Minnesota, Detroit and Charlotte....One of Portland's offseason targets is at SG. Michael Carter-Williams said he played SG in high school. "I'm a natural at it,'' he said. (He is a shooting gaurd, Jazz need Making Gaurds)

Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI Lot of teams looking to talk to Lehigh's CJ McCollum. 15 total interviews scheduled. Thunder, Magic, Nuggets and Cavs already talked to him.

Chad Ford @chadfordinsider Hearing first 2 promises of 2013 Draft: Dennis Schroeder & Giannis Antetokounmpo both given 1st round guarantees sources say. (Jazz have two picks, did they make two promises?)

I was wondering why the promises didn't show up in the 2013 draft thread and I guess it makes sense it showed up here.

I hope it was the Jazz.

If McCollum is gone, I can see the Mavs taking Schroedner.
Hopefully a few of those 15-20 picks move up in the draft.

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress Archie Goodwin and B.J. Young having a mini-competition for who can look like a worse shooter. Air-balling shots left and right. #nbacombine (That will certain put a strain on Givony's & PKM's longstanding friendship)

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress Archie Goodwin and B.J. Young having a mini-competition for who can look like a worse shooter. Air-balling shots left and right. #nbacombine (That will certain put a strain on Givony's & PKM's longstanding friendship)

I know that last comment is sarcasm, but PKM was the loudest dogger of Archie for most of last season. The kid isn't good.

I know that last comment is sarcasm, but PKM was the loudest dogger of Archie for most of last season. The kid isn't good.

Which is kinda sad. He has the physical tools to be good. But apparently not the mental makeup.

Is this realistic for the Jazz:

14. CJ McCollum - gives Utah a scoring combo guard
21. Rudy Gobert - gives Utah size and a third big to develop
46. Nate Wolters - gives Utah some potential at the point

Gobert is going to be gone before 14. McCollum probably will not be there at 14. I am fairly sure Wolters will be gone by 46. So no it isn't really realistic.

Jeez, usually when people post these they'll at least have 1 that could be correct.