What's new

2013 Chicago Combine May 15-19

So the players are being interviewed by different teams, but there is no official list available. However as the players talk with the media they are telling the teams they are interviewing with. And to my dismay NO-ONE has mentioned Utah. Sigh.

Regarding interviews, I thought this was interesting:

Jason Quick @jwquick San Diego St. SG Jamaal Franklin met with the Blazers yesterday, and the whole meeting consisted of a psychological test taken on a computer.

Franklin measured an amazin 6-11 wingspan and is supposed to be catching alot of attention.

If the Jazz don't get a PG or a C in the draft Franklin is who I've been wanting them to grab since... well mid way through this past season.

Honestly, just reading twitter feeds of the combine is better than watching the ESPN event. Tired of watching ****ty camera angles and Chad Ford's face.

I was wondering why the promises didn't show up in the 2013 draft thread and I guess it makes sense it showed up here.

I hope it was the Jazz.

Part of me thinks the promises are made up by the agents. They bring Schroeder over, creating a lot of excitement, then hold him out to create buzz about a promise.

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress Otto Porter DX Interview: youtu.be/-fQ5RAyjfBg “They say there’s no LeBron or Durant in this draft, so there’s a big window open.”

Hoopsworld and DX are posting videos of interviews from today at the combine.

If the Jazz don't get a PG or a C in the draft Franklin is who I've been wanting them to grab since... well mid way through this past season.

Seeing as 80% of the players worth drafting in this draft (in the areas we are picking) are either a PG or C, I think there is a great chance we get one, if not both.

Holy ****, Gobert has a 9'7 reach. Those are better than McGee's numbers. If this guy actually has a brain he can be a defensive force.

Anyone else find it interesting that Sloan was at the Combine? Is he really that bored? Is he consulting for someone? Is he expecting to get the Bucks job?

Sorry UGLI had to post

Jonathan Wasserman @NBADraftWass

"Kabongo shot just 5 of 25 during 3-point drills"

Holy ****, Gobert has a 9'7 reach. Those are better than McGee's numbers. If this guy actually has a brain he can be a defensive force.

And if he has the strength to guard the post. What's cool about reach vs athleticism is he wouldn't HAVE to bite on pump fakes to bother shots.

Anyone else find it interesting that Sloan was at the Combine? Is he really that bored? Is he consulting for someone? Is he expecting to get the Bucks job?

I sure did. Who knows why. But he was there, in addition to Corbin, Lindsey, I think I saw KOC, and Scott Layden kicked off the event. Kind of weird.

And if he has the strength to guard the post. What's cool about reach vs athleticism is he wouldn't HAVE to bite on pump fakes to bother shots.

I sure did. Who knows why. But he was there, in addition to Corbin, Lindsey, I think I saw KOC, and Scott Layden kicked off the event. Kind of weird.

Gobert also looked like he had a passable 15' jumper too, from the limited camera time I saw him shooting them.

Also saw one of the Jazz assistant coaches doing drills, Mike Sanders.

Not sure why Schroeder opted out of action today. I mean what's the point of being here then?

Might be good for us though.. hopefully he slips..

Yeah, it's very interesting that Sloan was at the Combine, sitting next to Corbin. He's either consulting for the Jazz or expecting a HC job by the time of the draft.