What's new

2018-2019 NBA Season

i think hayward is really frustrated. He is no longer the man, i think he regrets leaving big time, and now he has to deal with being a bench player. Also, I think that locker room is not happy with hayward being the coach's pet.

i think hayward is really frustrated. He is no longer the man, i think he regrets leaving big time, and now he has to deal with being a bench player. Also, I think that locker room is not happy with hayward being the coach's pet.
I don't think he wants to be 'the man'. Even when he was here I remember Joe Johnson making the big plays in crunch time. I think he wants to be the 2nd option behind the clearly more talented Irving. So I don't think that's the issue.

I think the issue is he's supposed to be the clear 2nd option, now, Tatum, a much younger guy who is paid peanuts compared to Hayward is clearly more talented and is making all the big shots while Hayward is trending down and clanking shots after shots off the rim while being paid the MAX. That can't make him feel good.

Add to that, you've hit the nail on the head with the teacher's pet thing also, everytime Tatum or Brown is benched, they'll always be left wondering if Hayward gets special treatment. And that's not a good situation to have.

Reactions: RJF
In retrospect, the reality is that Hayward had a perfect situation in Utah and it was unlikely that he could find a fit like that anywhere else. That's not necessarily a knock on him, to be fair. Unless you're a top player in the league like LeBron, Durant, Harden, or Leonard, you can't just have random players put around you and still succeed. Those lower tier All-Stars need specific situations and players around them in order to do well, and once you remove those, the whole thing falls apart. When you look at it objectively, there may have been only one or two other teams in the league where Hayward could put up 20-5-4 as a first or second option and win 50+ games and be an All-Star.

The problem is that Hayward, like many lower-tier stars, didn't realize this. Even if he didn't get hurt, even if he was the same player right now as he was a year and a half ago, chances are that he wouldn't be putting up 20-5-4 or be the second most important player on that team. Horford and Kyrie would probably still be ahead, and possibly Tatum. He's just not that good of a player that he can go to any team and instantly be a star there as well. He needed a specific situation to be a star in SLC, and he needed one in Boston. Boston wasn't the situation to begin with, and it's even less so after the injury.

Hahahahaha He is def thinking what would’ve happened if he stayed. hahahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
I'm betting he was thinking that all year last year sitting around watching Tatum turn into a star. He knows he'll have to at least match Tatum just to be 2nd best player on the team.

i honestly was on the "don't sign" hayward to a max deal wagon back in 2014. Stan Van Gundy even said hayward is nowhere near a max player, he said 7mil was a good price tag for hayward. (back when a max was like 20mil per year) Hayward had the offense in Utah made for him to thrive and thrive he did. He forgot he was made by the system. He wasn't the one that made the system. We all saw this last year where donovan mitchell was plugged into haywards role and the jazz still did well.

Celtics fans who probably never watched hayward play the way we jazz fans did for the entirety of his career are wondering why hayward isn't lebron james or larry bird. I think the truth is hayward was never that guy, he was a solid piece, but he never was the player who would take command of games. He would get his points and he would play within a system that basically had tons of sets run specifically for him. Now hayward has like 4-5 pieces with sets run for them and hayward is being asked to do what joe ingles does, but lets be real, hayward was never a knock-down shooter. He could dish the ball he could drive it, but he was never a guy with an amazing handle nor a knock-down 3point shooter.

with that said, I think Ainge is about to fleece some NBA teams big time,

they got 4 1st round draft picks and 1 in the lottery from the kings. He's the king of fleece.

Funny they cheered for Hayward when we played them a couple years ago?