What's new

2018-2019 NBA Season

Hayward's usage is now under 20% which is around where it was his second year in the league. When he's on the floor with the starting unit in the set offense he's pretty much been relegated to a decoy. He stands in the corner waiting for if/when the defense collapse on Kyrie.

Last night during the stretch run against GSW Hayward sat on the end of the bench emotionless with a towel over his mouth - I'm sure this must be killing him.
All this talk in free agency about how Brad could better utilize him and make him a 30 PPG guy... basically every reason he highlighted for going to Boston looks like closed doors on any of those possibilities.

Of course, perhaps Brad said he’d score 13 PPG and everyone thought he said 30. But still, he’s falling short even if Brad said 13.

Marcus Smart now sitting there with an eFG% of 52%. For perspectve, Hayward equaled that number twice in his 7 year jazz career (this year 48%), Harden and Klay Thompson are both at 54% and Exum (the guy who the Jazz chose instead) is at 47% this season.

Smart is starting and finishing games and playing 30+ minutes for one of the most loaded rosters and best teams in the league.

Not bad for a guy who can't shoot.

All this talk in free agency about how Brad could better utilize him and make him a 30 PPG guy... basically every reason he highlighted for going to Boston looks like closed doors on any of those possibilities.

Of course, perhaps Brad said he’d score 13 PPG and everyone thought he said 30. But still, he’s falling short even if Brad said 13.

This... I could have seen a gradual slide to something resembling what hayward is doing, but I never thought it would happen so fast and I never thought it would be this bad.

Basketball gods punishing him and the Celtics for obvious tampering.

This... I could have seen a gradual slide to something resembling what hayward is doing, but I never thought it would happen so fast and I never thought it would be this bad.

Basketball gods punishing him and the Celtics for obvious tampering.
The way he left followed by his 5 minute first season, and now this, is the worst and most obvious case of immediate sports karma that I can ever think of.

Haha.. I like the play on 30 and 13.

I was checking Harden's stats after reading an article claiming Curry should be the MVP instead and was shocked to learn that Harden averaged 44.4 points in the month of January so far (12 games).

He's averaging almost 30 shots a game during that span but I'm still impressed merely from a scoring standpoint.

Marcus Smart now sitting there with an eFG% of 52%. For perspectve, Hayward equaled that number twice in his 7 year jazz career (this year 48%), Harden and Klay Thompson are both at 54% and Exum (the guy who the Jazz chose instead) is at 47% this season.

Smart is starting and finishing games and playing 30+ minutes for one of the most loaded rosters and best teams in the league.

This year for sure. Tell us about his shooting % for the rest of his career ?

Haywood probably thinking what if??? everyday. make me happy

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I'd love to see Hayward traded, but no way does New Orleans want him for AD.

Is Stevens boxing himself into a corner? If Boston cant contend in the next few years, someone has to take the fall.
There’s no way in hell!! That contract ain’t going anywhere. Lol
Gonna leave this here
View attachment 6669

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Very definition of MVP but there’s no way in hell the nba would ever reward a player who’s best skill is defense.

Not to beat a dead horse but yikes.......

According to the NBA.com stats site, the Celtics have a net rating of +1.4 when Hayward is on the floor. When he’s off the floor though this has increased to a +11.4. That’s a full 10 points per 100 possessions better when Hayward is on the bench. Hayward was moved from the starting unit to the bench on November 19. For Hayward himself, it has made no difference. The Celtics still have a net rating of +1.4 when he’s on the floor. The rest of the team though has been even better since he was moved to the bench. When Hayward sits, since November 19, the Celtics have a net rating of 13.9.

Celtics are 12 and a half points better per 100 possessions when Hayward is not in the game - that's John Lucas III bad.

I wouldn't want smart on the jazz. His short temper and flopping would make me turn off games