What's new

2018 Annual JazzFanz All-Time NBA Draft

Hmm, I am in the opposite boat. I thought working 40 hours or even 80+ was easy when I was younger. Now I loathe the thought of working 40 hours or more in a week again.

Haha I get that.

I’m the opposite though. I love working. Granted, if I had an office job I’d probably kill myself, but I get to work outside.

Haha I get that.

I’m the opposite though. I love working. Granted, if I had an office job I’d probably kill myself, but I get to work outside.
I definitely couldn't handle an office job either. I like my work a lot, I just like my free time and fun time a lot more.

Talking of employment, I can’t wait to retire. So done with the teaching thing. 12 more years and I’m done with this ****. The “profession” is a joke now.
I’m nowhere close to retirement and I couldn’t agree more. Already looking for ways to diversify so I can do more of what I want and focus less on the day to day grind.

I’m nowhere close to retirement and I couldn’t agree more. Already looking for ways to diversify so I can do more of what I want and focus less on the day to day grind.

Yep. I see no sense in working super long only to then die a couple of years later. I want to enjoy life. Granted, my wife will have to work nine more years (it’s minimum age of 58 at her firm to retire and get a pension) but still. I can retire, pull in about 60% of what I was making anyway off of pension and make up the difference with some job for like 15-20 hours a week.

Yep. I see no sense in working super long only to then die a couple of years later. I want to enjoy life. Granted, my wife will have to work nine more years (it’s minimum age of 58 at her firm to retire and get a pension) but still. I can retire, pull in about 60% of what I was making anyway off of pension and make up the difference with some job for like 15-20 hours a week.
Good luck with that. We’re focused on cutting costs and paying down our debt, then covering as much of our kids school costs as we can so they start in a better place than we did.

I’m hoping to get a coaching job at a smaller school that only works 4 days a week and turn some real estate investments into a higher paying income - ideally, we’d end up with more time off and the ability to travel more while we’re still young enough to enjoy it.